Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 01-14-2011, 03:48 PM   #11
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447
Default Re: Steelers Vs. Ravens: Time to Turn Big Ben Loose With More No Huddle?

Yes, absolutely. No huddle in the first possessions and let's put as much pts as possible on the board.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #12
btaylor179
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15251
Default Re: Steelers Vs. Ravens: Time to Turn Big Ben Loose With More No Huddle?

ive been screaming for no huddle all season!!!!!!!
btaylor179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:17 PM   #13
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Rail View Post
I vote yes as well. I think Ben is at his best when he runs the no huddle. I've heard that they haven't used it as much this year because of the influx of young receivers, but I think that at least Wallace and Sanders are ready. Brown might be as well. And Ward and Miller are always reliable, and Mendy is pretty good at receiving checkdowns. Go for it.

I know it's next to impossible when we play the Ratbirds, but I really, REALLY want us to blow them out. I think the Steelers can do it if they are focused enough.
Sanders had nearly all the key catches on the *almost* game winning no-huddle drive in the Jets game, I think he and Wallace would be just fine.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:19 PM   #14
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860

Like I said in another post.Go no huddle in the beginning to mid 3rd quarter.Thats when weve seen the ravens D tired and gasping for air.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:33 PM   #15
Steelboy84
Banned

Member Number: 13983

A nice mix up is in order.................
Steelboy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:07 PM   #16
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,142 Times in 511 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
Yes, absolutely. No huddle in the first possessions and let's put as much pts as possible on the board.
I'm with you on this one!

Not so sure about a no-huddle but definitely a vertical game with an emphasis on scoring quickly and often. Baltimore has itself so worked up over this whole "Armageddon" thing that if the game becomes a slugfest, they have a very good chance of winning.

The Steelers today are not the Steelers of yesteryear and an offense based on finesse and speed is better suited to us now than the old "three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust" mythology. If we allow this game to become a cage match, we lose because we simply don't have the personnel or the swagger to go toe-to-toe in a slug fest. What we DO have are a stable of very good wide receivers and a pair of running backs which are all better suited for more of a West Coast style of play than for what everyone thinks of as "Steeler Football".

I think that we haven't peaked yet in the passing game and if we do, we'll have something that no one can beat. We need to use that passing game to set up the running game and that running game needs to stay outside the "C-gap" against Baltimore.

Defensively, we may be able to win a street fight, but offensively we're outmatched against Baltimore's "D" when it comes to fighting in the trenches, so the smart thing to do would be to let them think it's Armageddon and while they're busy drawing up plans to storm the castle walls, we can be busy throwing balls to Wallace, Ward, Sanders, Brown and Randel El, rack up a ton of points early and then start pulling starters out for next week.
FanSince72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:03 AM   #17
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
I'm with you on this one!

Not so sure about a no-huddle but definitely a vertical game with an emphasis on scoring quickly and often. Baltimore has itself so worked up over this whole "Armageddon" thing that if the game becomes a slugfest, they have a very good chance of winning.

The Steelers today are not the Steelers of yesteryear and an offense based on finesse and speed is better suited to us now than the old "three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust" mythology. If we allow this game to become a cage match, we lose because we simply don't have the personnel or the swagger to go toe-to-toe in a slug fest. What we DO have are a stable of very good wide receivers and a pair of running backs which are all better suited for more of a West Coast style of play than for what everyone thinks of as "Steeler Football".

I think that we haven't peaked yet in the passing game and if we do, we'll have something that no one can beat. We need to use that passing game to set up the running game and that running game needs to stay outside the "C-gap" against Baltimore.

Defensively, we may be able to win a street fight, but offensively we're outmatched against Baltimore's "D" when it comes to fighting in the trenches, so the smart thing to do would be to let them think it's Armageddon and while they're busy drawing up plans to storm the castle walls, we can be busy throwing balls to Wallace, Ward, Sanders, Brown and Randel El, rack up a ton of points early and then start pulling starters out for next week.
+1.
We also have Miller (and Spaeth) that we don't use enough offensively. Miller has great hands. I can be as dangerous as Heap.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote