Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-15-2011, 04:43 AM   #21
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921
Default Re: My God this is painful

im surprised so many anylists are picking Baltimore to win this. personally i think were going to destroy them but alot of people seem to disagree.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:45 AM   #22
Deserei90
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17069

Oh god, I have to try to get some sleep. I have to get up at 8, and go to the store. The anticipation!!! Can someone read me a bed time story? I will greatly appreciate it. LOL
Old 01-15-2011, 04:48 AM   #23
Deserei90
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17069

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
im surprised so many anylists are picking Baltimore to win this. personally i think were going to destroy them but alot of people seem to disagree.
Let them. Personally I like going in as underdogs. Baltimore is getting too much hyped going into this game and The Steelers are getting little to no hype.

Old 01-15-2011, 05:55 AM   #24
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

i was at Buffalo Wild Wings last night and they kept showing Suggs destroying Ben. they were showing how easy he has broke thru our line over the years and all the big hits he had on Ben. i didnt notice how many times he made Ben fumble over the years.

hopefully we have a game plan to stop him because if they give Ben a few seconds he should carve up Baltimores secondary with little effort. im still saying Steelers win this 31-17
Old 01-15-2011, 06:23 AM   #25
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:

me too.
I watched dozens of shows and analysts and i would say there was at least 7 out of 10 across the board picking the Ravens.
For some reason, in the last few weeks, the Ravens have picked up steam in the media as unstoppable and having the greatest, hardest-hitting defense in the game.
--although part of this could be due to the fact they have some guys like Suggs with HUGE flapping mouths who like to talk a lot of junk...when's the last time you heard Harrison say something controversial in the media? --
I think alot of them have forgotten about some guys with the names of Harrison, Woodley and co. who have probably put up an even more impressive defensive season.
The game could go either way, but i'm kinda shocked myself at all this newfound "Raven's love" i'm seeing. A victory will be extremely satisfying. If we play to our abilities today and don't make alot of dumb mistakes, we should actually win.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:40 AM   #26
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
me too.
I watched dozens of shows and analysts and i would say there was at least 7 out of 10 across the board picking the Ravens.
For some reason, in the last few weeks, the Ravens have picked up steam in the media as unstoppable and having the greatest, hardest-hitting defense in the game.
--although part of this could be due to the fact they have some guys like Suggs with HUGE flapping mouths who like to talk a lot of junk...when's the last time you heard Harrison say something controversial in the media? --
I think alot of them have forgotten about some guys with the names of Harrison, Woodley and co. who have probably put up an even more impressive defensive season.
The game could go either way, but i'm kinda shocked myself at all this newfound "Raven's love" i'm seeing. A victory will be extremely satisfying. If we play to our abilities today and don't make alot of dumb mistakes, we should actually win.
i agree. people are already talking about how good the Raven vs Patriot game is going to be. just look at how our defense and offense ranks against the Ravens. were statistically better everywere so how can everyone think the Ravens have a gurentee win. i think the steelers will surprise everyone and manhandle Baltimore today. everyone is talking about how good Reed and Suggs are but after the game it will be Woodley, Harrison and Timmons that everyone is talking about
Old 01-15-2011, 07:47 AM   #27
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,287 Times in 572 Posts

Deep breaths, everybody...

Deep breaths.

The Ravens are definitely on a mission and they definitely have the swagger.

But we're the Pittsburgh Steelers.

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!!!!
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:46 AM   #28
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
i agree. people are already talking about how good the Raven vs Patriot game is going to be. just look at how our defense and offense ranks against the Ravens. were statistically better everywere so how can everyone think the Ravens have a gurentee win. i think the steelers will surprise everyone and manhandle Baltimore today. everyone is talking about how good Reed and Suggs are but after the game it will be Woodley, Harrison and Timmons that everyone is talking about
yep. All this "Suggs, Reed, Lewis" talk is leaving me wondering why no one is talking up Harrison, who had a great year this year. Barely heard a peep about him. Have heard nothing on Woodley. Can't wait for game time.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:53 AM   #29
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,482 Times in 3,331 Posts

Quote:
I confess to being less than shocked that Brian Billick picked the Ravens on NFL Network last night

These games have been close for the last 3 years, but I think a lot of the Ravens love is based on a misunderstanding of the laws of probability and the assumption that since Ben is 6-0 against the Ravens since 2006 he somehow is "due" to lose this weekend
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:11 AM   #30
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

I am not surprised by the analysts. They have always loved baltimore, and the Ratbirds going to KC and winning big seems to (in the minds of the un intelligent) validate them. I watche the K C game and have to say, KC beat themselves in the third quarter, they were close then froze up, afraid to make mistakes and when the mistakes came they compounded on each other. The intentional grounding call then the 3rd and 26 fumble, was the sequence that killed them.
Rick5895 is online now   Reply With Quote