Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2011, 09:44 AM   #11
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,631
Member Number: 11678
Thanks: 54
Thanked 58 Times in 40 Posts
Default Re: How we drafted Troy P

Wow didn't know this.

Pittsburgh should have a Dexter Jackson day, and honoring this guy, lol Without his stupidity we may never have won the last 2 SB's. Never know.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:46 AM   #12
zulater
Team Owner
 
zulater's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,883
Member Number: 5296
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How we drafted Troy P

I forgot all about Dexter Jackson, thank God he double crossed the Steelers. lol

I argued in favor of the trade up the day it happened, and have done so ever since. Believe it or not, at a board I used to frequent, even after Troy had established himself as a big time NFL player there were people there who continued to argue against the trade up. Their thinking being he would have fell to us at 27 anyway. Dumb asses.
__________________
"A man's got to know his limitations."
zulater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:03 PM   #13
lionslicer
Team President
 
lionslicer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2,371
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12850
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How we drafted Troy P

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
I forgot all about Dexter Jackson, thank God he double crossed the Steelers. lol

I argued in favor of the trade up the day it happened, and have done so ever since. Believe it or not, at a board I used to frequent, even after Troy had established himself as a big time NFL player there were people there who continued to argue against the trade up. Their thinking being he would have fell to us at 27 anyway. Dumb asses.
If you look at the draft, teams between 16 and 27 were picking offensive players, except the cards who got a defensive end, but they just signed Dexter Jackson, so Troy would be useless to them.... So at the time it wouldn't be dumb to say the trade up was stupid, but now that we all know Troy's awesomeness, it was the best move ever.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:14 PM   #14
zulater
Team Owner
 
zulater's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,883
Member Number: 5296
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How we drafted Troy P

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
If you look at the draft, teams between 16 and 27 were picking offensive players, except the cards who got a defensive end, but they just signed Dexter Jackson, so Troy would be useless to them.... So at the time it wouldn't be dumb to say the trade up was stupid, but now that we all know Troy's awesomeness, it was the best move ever.
But what about the potential of another team trading up? I forget who it was, but the Steelers had concerns that another team was going to trade up ahead of them to get Troy.
__________________
"A man's got to know his limitations."
zulater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:22 PM   #15
zulater
Team Owner
 
zulater's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,883
Member Number: 5296
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How we drafted Troy P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
Wow didn't know this.

Pittsburgh should have a Dexter Jackson day, and honoring this guy, lol Without his stupidity we may never have won the last 2 SB's. Never know.



I guess you could catergorize Dexter's lie to the Steelers as a good lie.
__________________
"A man's got to know his limitations."
zulater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:27 PM   #16
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter
 
43Hitman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 5,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1251
Thanks: 2,265
Thanked 752 Times in 396 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default Re: How we drafted Troy P

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
But what about the potential of another team trading up? I forget who it was, but the Steelers had concerns that another team was going to trade up ahead of them to get Troy.
Was it Tennessee? I seem to remember something about them wanting him.
__________________


"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts