Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 01-15-2011, 01:47 PM   #11
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,331 Times in 2,900 Posts
Default Re: Bankruptcy doesn't sideline QB Batch

Unfortunately his high income days probably are done after this year - lots of athletes have been burned with real estate investments gone sour - sorry to read about this
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:42 PM   #12
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliStillersFan View Post
No that's only what stupid people say. I'd buy a modest house, and make sure I paid it in full and bank the property taxes for life. Then I'd put myself on a budget to make sure that I never had to work again (unless it was something I enjoyed). Some people dream about taking trips and having boats - my dream is not working. LOL I'd have some fun if I had some extra but ensuring permanent retirement would be first. ;)
It what happens, you're modest, some football players are (i have a friend who lives near Tomlin and he has a pretty modest size house for how much he makes, and another friend lives near chris hoke who also has a modest size house)

But not all of them are like that, have you seen Ben's house? Its huge. Batch has a pretty nice house overlooking homestead, Ward lives right near him, about 750k houses.
Batch also puts a lot money into Pittsburgh, and he isn't making millions, though his salary is like around a mil, after taxes as you see he's making 700k a year, which most is going into his hometown. Plus whatever he has to pay for his house, he probably bought his mom a house and is paying bills for her, maybe another family member or friend etc.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:27 PM   #13
TOOLofSTEEL
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17096

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliStillersFan View Post
How the hell do football players end up going bankrupt? If I had 1 years worth of their salary, I'd never have to work another day in my life.
His business flopped.
TOOLofSTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote