Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-15-2011, 11:04 PM   #1
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Default Lawrence Timmons wants the Pats

Lawrence Timmons, one of the NFL's silent killers, sat down with Bleacher Report after his Steelers team pulled out a 31-24 comeback win and moved on to the AFC Championship game.

One of the most versatile linebackers in the NFL today, Timmons led his Pittsburgh Steelers with nine tackles in their win over Baltimore.

So let's see what he had to say after his team's big playoff win over division rival Baltimore:

B/R: What was your guysí game plan heading into todayís game?

Timmons: We just had a game plan to get a lot of pressure on Flacco and shut down the run game. Keep hitting Ray Rice and Todd Heap because those are their key guys, and they can make you pay. Just get pressure and shut down the run.

That was just our game plan going in, and it worked out.

B/R: How nice was it for you individually to get in on that sack on Baltimoreís final offensive play? Youíve led the team in tackles the whole year but have come up a little short on sacks.

Timmons: I kind of went on a little drought there. I always push myself, and this time, I beat Ray Rice, and I just read his helmet, and I knew heíd go low on me, so I jumped.

I was just glad I could make a play when we needed one.

B/R: The refs were calling a ton of penalties today. What does that do to you guys as players?

Timmons: It definitely hurts you when theyíre against you.

The first drive they had two big penalties on that. It just slows you down. We stayed persistent, and we canít let the refs dictate what we do. We just have to keep playing hard and avoid penalties, especially big ones.

B/R: What was said at the half when you guys were down two scores?

Timmons: We have veterans saying "Iím trying to stay in this thing for the long haul." Coach [Dick] LeBeau said they only had 100 yards the whole half.

The one touchdown the offense gave to him the two touchdowns they had had nothing to do with us. They had to play offense on the 14. We just needed to keep playing hard, and not quit. And we didnít.

B/R: What is it about these games that makes them so intense?

Even during the regular season, this game is played at a playoff level it seems every year. Does familiarity have a lot to do with it?

Timmons: Yeah, itís always a good game because itís the two teams in the NFL that you know are going to be good every year. We have good players and so do they, so you know itís always going to be a tough game.

We know each other so well. It can be an advantage and a disadvantage at the same time. So I think that adds to the rivalry too.

B/R: Is it frustrating to see the offense give up turnovers and points when you guys are on the bench?

Timmons: No, we have to back each other up no matter what. Defense you have to do your job, and offense has to do theirs.

We pick up slack and nobody points the finger at anybody, always.

B/R: What did Coach Tomlin tell you guys after the game?

Timmons: He didnít say too much. Just, "good win, enjoy it and letís get ready for next week."

B/R: So who you want next round, Jets or Patriots?

Timmons: Iíll take the Jets all day. Wait, scratch that I want another shot at the Patriots.

---------------

Timmons and the Steelers will have to wait and watch the Jets-Patriots game tomorrow to know who they will face in the AFC Championship.

The Steelers lost to both teams this season but will be bringing some serious momentum with them after a win like this.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...h-steelers-ilb
SH-Rock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:15 PM   #2
SmashmouthFootball
Starter

Member Number: 12020
Default Re: Lawrence Timmons wants the Pats

*Phew* I thought it would be a lot worse than that...

Regardless, when the Patriots demolish the Jets tomorrow I hope our entire team takes it as a lesson to keep their mouths completely shut this week and not give the Patriots anything to pick on or embarrass us with through the media. Just prepare for the game and bring whatever you have to say to the field on Sunday.
SmashmouthFootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:23 PM   #3
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

The cowering in awe from the Patriots by Steelers fans is getting old.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:27 PM   #4
PhantomJB93
Head Coach

Member Number: 13907

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixburgher View Post
The cowering in awe from the Patriots by Steelers fans is getting old.
While I do have faith we can beat them, can you really blame anyone when Belichick and Brady systematically pick us apart every time we play them? The only win in recent history I can remember was when Brady was hurt and we beat Cassel...
PhantomJB93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:33 PM   #5
pittguy578
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15975

Every Steelers should just say exactly what Tomlin said after the game..
He was asked do you have any thoughts about the Jets/Pats Game?
In typical Tomlin fashion. He said "None"
pittguy578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:36 PM   #6
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,595 Times in 1,971 Posts

good this team is starting to believe

AAAAaAAARGGHHH CAN YOU FEEL IT DUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!!!

[YOUTUBE]XzB90olxHGE[/YOUTUBE]
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:57 PM   #7
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

how can you not want the Jets as a fan? this is a match up driven league.. and for the past decade, we have matched up HORRIBLY with New England.. Tom Brady specifically. the Jets on the other hand, i think we match-up with very well because both teams are so similar. that and the fact that if it's against the Jets, it's a home game for us. so yeah... Go Jets! (for one game only)
Old 01-15-2011, 11:57 PM   #8
CaliStillersFan
Starter

Member Number: 11604

Nothing would be sweeter than going through Foxboro on the way to 7. I would love to silence all those yappy Pats fans. If we beat the Jets, everyone will cry we got the "easy" road. The Pats are "supposedly" the best and they kicked our butts a lot over this past decade. I couldn't imagine a better path to a SB.

CaliStillersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:02 AM   #9
pitt0wns
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15034

I wants the Pats they always had our number in the playoffs so its payback time!
pitt0wns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:02 AM   #10
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

i think we can beat the jets or pats. i would rather play the jets so it will be home and i can see it live but whoever we play were going to make there QB look bad.