Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-16-2011, 12:31 AM   #1
bradyfan12
Water Boy

Member Number: 17722
Default Props to the Steelers, from a Patriots fan

Let me start by saying that I hate the Steelers, but if you didn't hate the Patriots, or any other rival, I would think you aren't a real fan.

Anyway, I wanted to give your team props this week. First, you beat an obnoxious group of loud-mouthed imbeciles whose talk is bigger than their game. I'm hoping the Pats can do the same tomorrow.

But I also wanted to state, from another team's fanbase, that Roethlisberger is clutch as they come. I can't believe the media constantly talks up Peyton Manning when it's obvious that Roethlisberger is the guy you want with the ball at the end of the game. That pass today was absolutely sick, but for the last few seasons, BR has really cut down on his mistakes and is now, in my opinion one of the top 2 QBs in the NFL.

No point in arguing who is better between Roethlisberger and Brady. Here's how it breaks down: neither would really be effective in the other team's system. Roethlisberger cannot pass with consistent accuracy or make the pre-snap decisions that Brady can. On the other hand, Brady would get absolutely killed behind Pittsburgh's offensive line. All of those second chances and "sandlot football" plays would be gone. Brady would have to throw the ball away quite a bit with terrible blocking. Point being that both QBs are terrific in different ways, but the bottom line is, they win the damn game.

Best of luck to the Steelers, especially if the Pats fall tomorrow to the Jets. If the Pats win, I'm sure I will have a tremendous hatred for your team, fanbase, and virtually everything Steeler-like by Monday, but hey, that just means that you guys are good. You don't see a lot of venom on message boards about the Lions or Rams, do you? In all seriousness, I have a lot of respect for your organization; they keep quiet, let their play do the talking, and build through the draft. Although I'm sure a lot of you hardcore fans will grill me for this comment (spygate, etc. etc.), the truth is that the Steelers and Pats are very similar organizations. If the Pats win tomorrow, that will be a combined 11 AFCCG appearances, and a guaranteed 7 Super Bowl appearances for the two franchises - in just the last decade. It's a shame that the Pats-Steelers games haven't come as frequently as some other major rivalries, as that is the only thing holding this back from really being a premier rivalry.

Not sure why I came here, but something about the game today impressed me. I'd never bother to talk with the idiots on Jets forums.
bradyfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:35 AM   #2
scsteeler
Team Captain

Member Number: 8491
Default Re: Props to the Steelers, from a Patriots fan

Nice Post. Nothing Personal but I want the AFC Championship game to be in Pittsburgh. LOL
scsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:38 AM   #3
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438

Classy post, If you win tomorrow come on back this week.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:39 AM   #4
bradyfan12
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsteeler View Post
Nice Post. Nothing Personal but I want the AFC Championship game to be in Pittsburgh. LOL
Hey, that's just being smart. Who wouldn't want Mark Sanchez at home versus Tom Brady on the road?
Old 01-16-2011, 12:45 AM   #5
CaliStillersFan
Starter

Member Number: 11604

Thanks for stopping by, I agree about Brady getting killed behind our offensive line, I know alot of Steelers fans will be cheering for the Jets tomorrow to get another home game, but I have wanted some payback for awhile now - nothing would be sweeter to make Pats feel our how we felt in 2001 and 2004 when we blew it on our field.

I must admit I can't stand Jets or Pats fans, but at least Pats fans have earned the right to talk smack and I respect what your team has done over the past decade, the Jets on the other hand haven't won crap yet their fans have been running their mouths all season long, so please kick the crap out of them tomorrow. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best, and how the Pats finished the season, makes them the team to beat. GL tomorrow, hope it's at least better than that GB/Atlanta game was tonight.

BTW most here are welcoming to other teams fans, as long as their respectful. We just dog the homer idiotic haters. (paging bobby jr)
CaliStillersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:48 AM   #6
btaylor179
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15251

we need em
btaylor179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:57 AM   #7
bradyfan12
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliStillersFan View Post
Thanks for stopping by, I agree about Brady getting killed behind our offensive line, I know alot of Steelers fans will be cheering for the Jets tomorrow to get another home game, but I have wanted some payback for awhile now - nothing would be sweeter to make Pats feel our how we felt in 2001 and 2004 when we blew it on our field.

I must admit I can't stand Jets or Pats fans, but at least Pats fans have earned the right to talk smack and I respect what your team has done over the past decade, the Jets on the other hand haven't won crap yet their fans have been running their mouths all season long, so please kick the crap out of them tomorrow. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best, and how the Pats finished the season, makes them the team to beat. GL tomorrow, hope it's at least better than that GB/Atlanta game was tonight.

BTW most here are welcoming to other teams fans, as long as their respectful. We just dog the homer idiotic haters. (paging bobby jr)
Win-Win situation for you. If the Jets win, you get to play them. If the Pats win, you get a chance at redemption, and the loudmouths go home crying. Seriously, that Atlanta game made me shudder a bit, as I'm sure you were at halftime today. Homefield apparently is not going to win games; an advantage, yes, but definitely not as as important as on-field execution.

You should visit a Jets forum if you want to get a taste of their fan base. True, all fan bases have their dark side, but this is really unbelievable. About 90% of them are truly hoping for major injuries to the Patriots, agreeing with big-talkers like Bart Scott, and praising professional athletes for being classless. It is truly a cess pool; if the Pats lose tomorrow, you'll see what I'm talking about this week.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:12 AM   #8
toughsticks87
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14874

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradyfan12 View Post
Win-Win situation for you. If the Jets win, you get to play them. If the Pats win, you get a chance at redemption, and the loudmouths go home crying. Seriously, that Atlanta game made me shudder a bit, as I'm sure you were at halftime today. Homefield apparently is not going to win games; an advantage, yes, but definitely not as as important as on-field execution.

You should visit a Jets forum if you want to get a taste of their fan base. True, all fan bases have their dark side, but this is really unbelievable. About 90% of them are truly hoping for major injuries to the Patriots, agreeing with big-talkers like Bart Scott, and praising professional athletes for being classless. It is truly a cess pool; if the Pats lose tomorrow, you'll see what I'm talking about this week.
I live in Boston. I hate the Patriots. HATE them and their stupid bandwagon fans. Remember Bledsoe? Parcells? Being the laughing stock of the NFL? The true fans were out then. Then this kid Brady comes along and wins 3 Superbowls. Before you know it, EVERYONE has a Pats jersey. I hated the Patriots because of the tremendous bandwagon they produced. And if you try to objectively talk to them (fans) at all on any level of football, the only word they know is "dynasty!" Even tonight, all of my friends texted me saying "sorry your team is going to lose to NE." Just a bunch of ****y a-holes. The happiest non-Steelers game was Superbowl 42. How glorious. How amazing. I HATE how the Patriots stat pad like there is no tomorrow, running scores up talking trash AFTER they beat a team. Man up, and say that same shit before the game. I'm looking at you Brady.

Now that my rant is done, I must say classy post. Very few, VERY FEW people in NE give the Steelers the respect they deserve. No one in my group of friends believes Big Ben is a top ten QB. All they say is "well, defence may win championships but offense sells tickets!" SO DOES WINNING CHAMPIONSHIPS YOU IGNORANT TURD. All things aside, I want the Jets to cream 'em tomorrow. I want 3 pick sixes, 9 sacks on Brady, Welker to drop 2 touchdown passes, Woodhead to run for negative yardage and Sanchez to have a perfect QB rating. We can all dream, can't we?

Side note, I'm a huge Celtics fan (always have been, no bandwagon fan here). You go to a lot of games at the Garden?
Old 01-16-2011, 01:20 AM   #9
CaliStillersFan
Starter

Member Number: 11604

In defense of the bandwagon fans, there probably wasn't a ton of people wearing Steelers jersey's prior to 1972 either. It's hard to build a big following without some bling-bling.
CaliStillersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:22 AM   #10
injus5injus
Water Boy

Member Number: 17608

I agree with your whole post. I have to say I never considered BR a clutch or even real good QB until this last super bowl he won. He was consistently throwing picks and not protecting the ball. Steelers won their first super bowl in spite of him but he won the second one for them. Steelers have always been carried by their defense and still are the majority of the time, but I have to say every since the last super bowl Ben has been on point with accurate throws. He barely misses the receiver short IMO and when he does miss its away from the S/CB. He has proved he is definitely in the top 5 in terms of what he brings to his team. I would probably take A-rod, Manning or possibly Brady over him but dont get me wrong Bens as CLUTCH as it gets
injus5injus is offline   Reply With Quote