Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-16-2011, 12:36 AM   #1
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119
Default Ben and your QB rankings now

Has Ben's performance changed your rankings of QBs. Give your top 7, where Ben fits and use Tiers.

Here's mine:

Tier 1
1. Tom Brady -Tom Terrific is the best in the NFL right now.

Tier 2
2. Aaron Rogers -Starting to look like Tom but he caves sometimes with pressure
2. Ben Roethlisberger -so money in the clutch. Getting rid of the ball quicker.
2. Drew Brees -Very accurate but not always as clutch as Brady or Ben and has been making some questionable decisions lately
2. Peyton Manning -still one of the best but human
6. Michael Vick -amazing year but occasionally still poor decisions. Not always clutch

Tier 3
7. Phillip Rivers -great QB. He just misses Tier 2 due to his lack of ability to take over games sometimes. Excellent numbers but not always clutch.

Yes...I have a 4 way tie for 2nd in Tier 2. Phillip Rivers puts up great numbers but he is not a guy you fear like the other guys in Tier 2.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:41 AM   #2
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173
Default Re: Ben and your QB rankings now

I'd put Ben ahead of Rodgers honestly. No disrespect to Aaron who actually kinda reminds me of Ben in many ways. But Ben has proven himself as a bigger winner than Rodgers at this point in their careers. You gotta think at conservative guess that Ben is a top 5 QB at this point. Honestly, there's no one I'd rather have with the game on the line. Yeah sometimes it ain't pretty but Ben is a winner and has been since his rookie season.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:43 AM   #3
pittguy578
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15975

Ben has to be in front of the QB's who have one or fewer Super Bowls. People will say the Steelers won in spite of him in 2005..that is a bunch of BS. He may not have played the best in the game, but he played lights out in the playoffs..Steelers went pass first and surprised every team they played and beat the Colts who beat them pretty soundly earlier in the season. Ben just knows how to win.
pittguy578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:47 AM   #4
NoShootouts
Water Boy

Member Number: 17721

This is a really really tough question to answer considering no one else plays the game the way Ben does. Its hard to argue with SteelKnights list but I would have him equal to Rodgers.
NoShootouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:51 AM   #5
bradyfan12
Water Boy

Member Number: 17722

As a Pats fan who has always disliked Big Ben for her off-the-field antics, I think you are selling him short for on-the-field mastery.

Rodgers is unbelievable. If you put him against any quarterback, in terms of just pure quarterbacking, I might even put him over Brady right now. But he really hasn't proven much. He's won two playoff games. Let's see what happens to him when everyone expects him to win week after week, and after defenses have dissected him to death. That's where Brady, Roethlisberger, and Manning come in as proven winners that have played this game a long time and mastered the art of winning football games. Right now Rodgers is cool and up-and-coming. Lots of quarterbacks have been to this stage and never advanced- many have regressed. Let's wait on this one.

1. Brady
2. Roethlisberger
3. Brees
4. Manning
5. Rodgers/Rivers

The point of playing is to win. Does Manning win when it matters? No. 19 games in the playoffs; 10 wins. Does BR? If he wins next week, he's equaled Manning's playoff wins- with only two losses.

Too many Manning excuses. Brees had 22 INTs. Just not good, no matter how you look at it.

As I mentioned in my first post here, comparing Brady and Roethlisberger is useless. Both are perfect for their offenses but not the other's. I'll just put Brady number one since he just played one of the best seasons I've seen.
bradyfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:51 AM   #6
CaliStillersFan
Starter

Member Number: 11604

If you're looking at the career's Ben is in front of Aaron easily (bling vs no bling), but if we're talking this season, Aaron is just playing out of his mind the last 2 weeks, and has an outstanding year. I might even put him number 1 overall, at least until we see what Brady does to the Jets.
CaliStillersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:14 AM   #7
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,523 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradyfan12 View Post

As I mentioned in my first post here, comparing Brady and Roethlisberger is useless. Both are perfect for their offenses but not the other's. I'll just put Brady number one since he just played one of the best seasons I've seen.
and there's where i disagree , if a nobody like matt freakin cassel can thrive in that offense , i'm pretty sure ben can play in belechiks dink and dunk offense. if you look up the stats , cassels 1 year looks almost identical to brady's first 4 years.
could brady thrive in bens offensive environment ? hell no !!! brady folds like a cheap tent when he gets pressured and hit.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by MasterOfPuppets; 01-16-2011 at 06:55 PM.
MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:25 AM   #8
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,056 Times in 557 Posts

Brady's last 6 playoff games is 3-3 and has thrown 11 TDs and 10 INTs. Ill wait to rank everyone after the Super Bowl. However, if Big Ben wins 2 more games, he will be a first ballet hall of famer.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:31 AM   #9
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
and there's where i disagree , if a nobody like matt freakin cassel can thrive in that offense , i'm pretty sure ben can play in belechiks dink and dunk offense. if you look up the stats , cassels 1 year looks almost identical to brady's first 4 years.
could brady thrive in bens offensive environment ? hell no !!! brady folds like a cheap tent when he gets pressured and hit.
Yeah his 24 to 5 touchdown to interception ratio this year has nothing to do with he's a decent quarterback.

He's a system quarterback like Brady, but did the system build Brady or did Brady build the system. Remember, Bellichicks first year with the Patriots and having Bledso at quarterback, he didn't have a good year, team was 5-11, with Brady next season, they won the superbowl. Almost identical offensive players and coaches. Brady was the only big change, he made it work.

Back to the topic.. I really don't know, like I think Rogers is just a better quarterback right now, but Ben shows that he can win games in the playoffs, which is more important than just being a good quarterback (ask peyton manning). Rogers won against the Falcons, but they just didn't show up to play, I'll be interested to see how he plays when his team is down by 4 in the playoffs and he has to drive 80 yards in 2 minutes, touchdown winning the game. Unless he does that, I guess Ben has the right to be above him.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:35 AM   #10
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
Brady's last 6 playoff games is 3-3 and has thrown 11 TDs and 10 INTs. Ill wait to rank everyone after the Super Bowl. However, if Big Ben wins 2 more games, he will be a first ballet hall of famer.
Since the superbowl in 2004, Brady has failed to lead his team to game winning drives in the playoffs when givin the chance. But he's also just choked and played terrible games also. Possibly the Brady magic has worn off.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote