Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 01-16-2011, 10:10 AM   #1
steelers33
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17599
Default How come the Steelers get no respect when they beat Balt?

Seriously, I have been watching postgame analysis on TV and all I keep hearing is the Ravens choked away the game and the refs gave the game to the Steelers. Seriously, Shannon Sharpe is an idiot saying the refs gave the Steelers the game(even though he didn't directly say it is definately what he meant.) When we beat the Ravens in 08 to go to the Super Bowl, it was because they had a rookie quarterback. When the Steelers beat the Ravens in December, it was because of a fluke freak play that never should have happened. Lol I could care less what the Steelers are portrayed in the media, but I don't know why they don't get credit due when they beat the Ravens.
steelers33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:16 AM   #2
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: How come the Steelers get no respect when they beat Balt?

Sharpe is stupid.....if they would have won, there'd be people saying "we gave them the game" (which would actually be true if the 21-7 score stayed true.....thats as close as it came to a game being given away)
We made multiple huge plays in the 2nd half on defense and offense. We WON that game.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:20 AM   #3
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

Well the Ravens did choke. No arguing that. Anytime you have that kind of lead in the 2nd half you better win.

The impressive part about the whole win is the fact that the Ravens really didn't earn anything. We gave them their points. The only thing they did on their own was on ST's.

We gave them 1st down after 1st down on penalties. We turned the ball over twice and gave them 2 TD's. If we didn't step on our own feet we would have destroyed the Ravens. It would have been a blow out.

ESPN will not acknowledge that because they love the Ravens.... and they always have as long as I can remember. ESPN's love affair with the murderer has always been puzzling to me. You would think the Ravens defense and Ray Lewis were the greatest thing the NFL has ever seen if you just listen to ESPN.

Take away the penalties and what our defense did to the Ravens was something special. That was one of Dick Lebeau's best effort EVER. Once again our defense bailed out our offense. Yet Arians will get just as much credit as DL for the win. I thought the offensive game plan was terrible. Why were we running deep routes on almost every pass play? Suggs was taking over the game because Arians served it to him on a platter.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:22 AM   #4
TRH
Living Legend

another thing....any compliment to our team from either Sharpe or Michael Irvin is extremely rare. Those 2 just won't give us the due
Old 01-16-2011, 10:25 AM   #5
Superbowl
Water Boy

Member Number: 17629

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers33 View Post
Seriously, I have been watching postgame analysis on TV and all I keep hearing is the Ravens choked away the game and the refs gave the game to the Steelers. Seriously, Shannon Sharpe is an idiot saying the refs gave the Steelers the game(even though he didn't directly say it is definately what he meant.) When we beat the Ravens in 08 to go to the Super Bowl, it was because they had a rookie quarterback. When the Steelers beat the Ravens in December, it was because of a fluke freak play that never should have happened. Lol I could care less what the Steelers are portrayed in the media, but I don't know why they don't get credit due when they beat the Ravens.
FiRST congrats on your great win which started with your coach not panicking. Standing cool on the sidelines behind and then ahead.

Tons of respect for the Steelers. Ravens gave the game away from being ahead but the Steelers gave away a few points themselves. I don't know why noone was picking up a fumble. Things happen in important games. Whatever Ravens did to give it away, Steelers did too. It was a battle. Great game to watch and must have been awesome to be at the game. The game was won because Steelers played 60 minutes of football and top (Coach/Ben) to bottom (Steeler water boys and gals), and others, never gave up.

I was hoping the Steelers would win, looked like they were sure to lose and when the going got tough the Steelers showed they believed in themselves and each other. You won the game and deserved to win the game. People will always speak crap. Us Pat fans here it from fans down your way but we know it's talk and you should too.

Somewhere early in the game a call was missed on holding, trust me from SB in 07 I know about blown calls but this game was called even. I still hear in the bars about the Seattle game when traveling in the US but respect the Steelers have. That was one great win yesterday. 3rd and 19 was sweet!

Hope the Pats win today so we can see a great team next week.

Last edited by Superbowl; 01-16-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Superbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:26 AM   #6
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
another thing....any compliment to our team from either Sharpe or Michael Irvin is extremely rare. Those 2 just won't give us the due
I don't want any dues from those two slobbering morons. If we were to get any kind of credit or dues from them, we'd probably be doing something wrong.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:33 AM   #7
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,237 Times in 551 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers33 View Post
Shannon Sharpe is just a homer and I guess I can't fault him for that, but you're right he went overboard on the refs thing. (You'll notice though that he didn't go off on any of the bad calls that Baltimore got against us that set them up).

The thing he didn't mention (or didn't want to talk about) was the fact that after being owned by us in the first few series of the third quarter and especially after the air-mailed pass to Clark, Joe Flacco looked like a deer in the headlights for the rest of the second half.

Every time a camera caught a closeup of Flacco, he looked like a guy who was watching his season go up in smoke and he looked flat-out scared.

I think the biggest thing in all of this was the attitude that we showed coming out in the second half; a very scary "Not in OUR house you don't" attitude that even had guys like Ray Ray looking beaten.

To paraphrase Bill Murray in Ghostbusters: "We came, we saw, we kicked their ass!"

Sharpe can whine about whatever he'd like to whine about but he has no argument for that. We looked like a team that walked into the locker room at halftime more pissed-off than beaten and we came out with our sleeves rolled up and we showed the world what a Championship team does when its back is against the wall.

After that game, I couldn't care less who we meet in the AFCC because what I saw in that second half was the stuff of legend and I dare anyone to challenge that kind of drive and determination!

Let's have ol' Shannon talk about THAT. Let's hear him tell everyone how "HIS" team looked like frightened little sparrows who were about to be eaten alive by a relentless pass rush, a determined secondary and an ELITE QUARTERBACK who knows more about rallying a team to victory than Sharpe could ever dream about.

The refs did what refs do but they didn't win that game and beat the Ratbirds into submission... We did that; the Pittsburgh Steelers did that!

So I think Sharpe should just shut up, go buy some more oversized ties and accept the fact that HIS TEAM was owned by the best and was shown a clinic on "How to get it done"!
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:39 AM   #8
TRH
Living Legend

not only the calls that Baltimore got against us....he made NO mention of all the non-calls that we didn't get that should have been called against them. Really poor analysis by Sharpe, almost bitter.

As bad as the officiating was, the "badness" was pretty much split down the middle and i don't think swayed the game definitively in one direction or another
Old 01-16-2011, 10:45 AM   #9
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

How many penalties were called that gave the Ravens a 1st down? How many points did the Ravens score on turnovers? Seems to me the Ravens didn't do anything but accept the gifts given to them. Once we stopped kicking our selves we dominated the game.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:05 AM   #10
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

You think they got no respect from that game, wait until you see the coverage heading into next week. They will be slobbering over Belicheat and Brady and not even mention the Steelers. If the Jets somehow pull off a miracle, we will hear nothing but how the Jets defense is the best ever and Ben doesn't stand a chance against them. I would love to see that deer in the headlights look on Sanchez's face but I am afraid we will see that look on his face today in Foxborough.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote