Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-16-2011, 02:37 PM   #11
grward
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7527
Default Re: (sarcasm) Ravens keep on getting screwed by refs

I have a question about penalties. Someone please tell me why the Effbirds didn't get a personal foul when Ben fumbled the ball. He was clobbered in the head ... clearly clobbered in the head. Where was the flag on that? And if that wasn't a penalty, can someone explain to me why it wasn't?

And I'm sick of that team NEVER taking any responsibility for their losses. They'll NEVER be winners unless they find fault with what they do and correct their OWN mistakes. Eff them birds!
grward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 02:38 PM   #12
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootawnee View Post
Flacco is a Phoney......Good regular Season QB......But he has no fire under his ass to lead in the real battles.....I said this from day one.......They need to get rid of the bum if they want to win a title in our division............Why do you think he left Pitt?......No fire.........

I just read this post on ravens24x7.

Quote:
Bisciotti needs to make a trip to all the ivy league schools with his checkbook...

We need to fund studies to figure out...

HOW THE **** CAN WE BEAT PITTSBURGH?

Because we sure can't figure it out on our own.

and another

Quote:
No, we all know it was a curse!

We need to get a witch doctor on our team so we can reverse curses and then curse the Steelers.

theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 02:53 PM   #13
SteelCityRules
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17383

Great post! ^

Yes, I did see some calls that could have or should have gone against us. Same the other way. Besides Harrison still being held on almost every play & no call, I'm trying not to sound too whiny myself when I say, still, helmet to helmet is apparently usually only called AGAINST the Steelers, not FOR them. Okay, pout done. lol
Old 01-16-2011, 03:09 PM   #14
JackHammer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 5640

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post

Also, In all their games, their players did not make one mistake ... Not one! And their coaches never called a bad play ... Not one! Gosh darn it, if it weren't for those darn refs, they would be in 7 super bowls by now and won them all.
Lol, I hate to ruin the vibe here, but you obviously suffer from selective reading because their fans have been blaming everyone from the front office, to the coaches, to Flacco. So far, on the Baltimore Sun's Ravens forum I've seen Harbaugh called Scrubaugh; Flacco called Joe the Retard and Succo; Ozzie called a crackhead; the list goes on............
JackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:10 PM   #15
steelax04
Head Coach
Supporter

HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Member Number: 12182
My Mood: Yeehaw

And don't forget the no call on the Tom Brady rule the play before the fumble... Suggs went right for Ben's knees.
steelax04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:40 PM   #16
Ravens Den
Banned

Member Number: 17656

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post
According to their fans, the Ravens have been screwed in ALL seven losses to Big Ben including ALL the playoff losses. In fact, they are 100% sure they would have won each and every one of those games if it were not for some refs call.

Post after post on their fan sites point towards this undeniable fact. Even former players like the well spoken and clear enunciating Shannon Sharpe cite this oddity.

I couldn't believe it myself. Wow, all seven! How can one team be so unlucky? They must have ticked someone off in the front office to keep on getting picked on. Or by pure chance, if we assume that one in 10 games are actually decided by a bad call, the odds of this happening to the ravens is one in ten million! How unlucky. Those poor fans. At least they have Baltimore. Thank God they live in such a safe city like Baltimore where the crime rate is soooo low.

Also, In all their games, their players did not make one mistake ... Not one! And their coaches never called a bad play ... Not one! Gosh darn it, if it weren't for those darn refs, they would be in 7 super bowls by now and won them all.

Wow, one in 10 million chance that this could happen to a team and it just happens to be the Ravens. Now why don't the announcers talk more about this rare stat?
i dont know what site your looking out, The Refs didnt help. it was the OFFENSE that gave you the game. im going to leave it at that. But hey its all good, you guys will get your ass handed to you from the pats.
Ravens Den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:45 PM   #17
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHammer View Post
Lol, I hate to ruin the vibe here, but you obviously suffer from selective reading because their fans have been blaming everyone from the front office, to the coaches, to Flacco. So far, on the Baltimore Sun's Ravens forum I've seen Harbaugh called Scrubaugh; Flacco called Joe the Retard and Succo; Ozzie called a crackhead; the list goes on............
I know there are posts about getting rid of Flacco and Harbaugh but the inordinate amount of posts blaming the refs are mind boggling. You should see the game day thread. Every other is a "refs screwed us post".

But I've seen this when we beat the Seahawks and the cardinals as well. However, I don't see it a lot on this board when we lose.

They blame the refs so much I am surprised people still watch football in Baltimore. You know: fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. If they believe with so much heart that the refs will automatically screw them, then why watch...again?!?!

The truth is of course, they are just upset and need someone to blame and Refs are an easy easy target. The mark of a loser team is a fan base that constantly blames the refs.
ETL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:47 PM   #18
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens Den View Post
i dont know what site your looking out, The Refs didnt help. it was the OFFENSE that gave you the game. im going to leave it at that. But hey its all good, you guys will get your ass handed to you from the pats.

It certainly is possible, there's only one way too find out. But given your track record with predictions on this board I like our chances. Enjoy the off-season!
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:52 PM   #19
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens Den View Post
R u fukcing stupid or do you just have a disability that prevents you from reading? You to ANY ravens message board and pick ANY message and you will see something about blaming the refs.

Even your apologists Shannon Sharpe and Chris Berman (so jealous of the Steelers as a Boy I Love Losing Superbowls fan) were whining about the refs.

Sorry dude, deny it all you want but your fan base has a bad habit of whining about the refs. Even your most respected beat writer Ken Van Valkenburg wrote this today in the Sun:

"I'll never, ever be one of those people who buy into this idea that the referees are screwing the Ravens. In fact, I hate that attitude. It reflects one of my least favorite things about Baltimore, this whiny belief that no one wants to see the city succeed, and that the failures of its sports teams are always someone else's fault. The Ravens lost this game because they had an epic meltdown on offense in the third quarter, not because of any one call made by the officials."

Can u read? Especially the part where he wrote "one of my least favorite things about Baltimore"?
Old 01-16-2011, 04:03 PM   #20
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Here's a classic post made by a ravens fan during the 2nd half. Instead of calling out the players for poor play, this is what he's worried about

"Did anyone else see Mike Tomlin wink at the ref's right before the start of the second half (I'm not joking, the cameras clearly caught it)."

Never knew the refs could be bought so easy. Just a wink is all it takes.