Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-16-2011, 06:38 PM   #1
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528
Default Deja Vu - all over again?

Super Bowl 40 - Denver knocks off the best available team in the AFC (Pats) making the path to the SB easier for the Steelers

Super Bowl 43 - Baltimore knocks off the best available team (Titans) making the path to the SB easier for the Steelers

Super Bowl 45? --- Jets knock of the recently ordained and immortalized Patriots making the path a little easier ....
ETL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351
Default Re: Deja Vu - all over again?

Or is it 2001 when we wanted the pats to beat the raiders...That didn't work out.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:10 PM   #3
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205

lol, the Jets could be having the kind of year we had when we won XL... Its Sanchez's second year (just like Ben) and they're a #6 seed having to play and beat #3, #1 and #2 to move on to the Superbowl. Of course we also had to beat the NFC's #1 seed as well once we made it to the Superbowl.
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:14 PM   #4
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

just to keep a little perspective on recent history regarding home playoff games everybody thought the Steelers 'should've' won

1992 ~ seeded #1, Pittsburgh hosts #4 Buffalo a week after their emotional comeback win over the Oilers, yet lose 24-3, facing reserve QB Frank Reich, not Jim Kelly

1994 ~ seeded #1, Pittsburgh hosts the San Diego, spending the week before the game making plans for a Super Bowl video (Ray Seals' idea, as I recall), then lose 17-13 to a poor Charger team

1997 ~ seeded #2, the Steelers play at-home when #1 KC loses in the Divisional Round, but loses to a Denver team that hadn't won a Super Bowl yet, 24-21, when Elway was considered a 'choker' by many

2001 ~ seeded #1, the #2 Cheatriots beat the Steelers 24-17 a week after their game in the snow against the Raiders (aka - the 'tuck' game)

2004 ~ seeded #1, the Steelers get blown-out at Heinz on a frigid evening by New England 41-27 in a game that wasn't-even that close

I don't mean to rain on peoples' parade, but Pittsburgh isn't a lock by any-means, and are just 1/2-way up the hill towards the prize:
it gets steeper from here on-in.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:17 PM   #5
SteelerCountryGirl
Water Boy

Member Number: 17717

It is about time that the Pats got beat down again. It is so nice to see different teams play. I know we have been through many playoffs and there are people who cannot stand us Stillers with 6 superbowl rings and 1 more on the way possibly.

I predict Bears vs Stillers for the bowl.
SteelerCountryGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:32 PM   #6
wootawnee
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4530

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerCountryGirl View Post
It is about time that the Pats got beat down again. It is so nice to see different teams play. I know we have been through many playoffs and there are people who cannot stand us Stillers with 6 superbowl rings and 1 more on the way possibly.

Dam...I wanted to beat the Pats down...Oh well.....
Old 01-16-2011, 07:32 PM   #7
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xSBChamps View Post
just to keep a little perspective on recent history regarding home playoff games everybody thought the Steelers 'should've' won

1992 ~ seeded #1, Pittsburgh hosts #4 Buffalo a week after their emotional comeback win over the Oilers, yet lose 24-3, facing reserve QB Frank Reich, not Jim Kelly

1994 ~ seeded #1, Pittsburgh hosts the San Diego, spending the week before the game making plans for a Super Bowl video (Ray Seals' idea, as I recall), then lose 17-13 to a poor Charger team

1997 ~ seeded #2, the Steelers play at-home when #1 KC loses in the Divisional Round, but loses to a Denver team that hadn't won a Super Bowl yet, 24-21, when Elway was considered a 'choker' by many

2001 ~ seeded #1, the #2 Cheatriots beat the Steelers 24-17 a week after their game in the snow against the Raiders (aka - the 'tuck' game)

2004 ~ seeded #1, the Steelers get blown-out at Heinz on a frigid evening by New England 41-27 in a game that wasn't-even that close

I don't mean to rain on peoples' parade, but Pittsburgh isn't a lock by any-means, and are just 1/2-way up the hill towards the prize:
it gets steeper from here on-in.

There is no way i am not going to be happy about the jets beating the pats. We get a home game and we get Sanchez instead of Brady. I'm sorry but that is the best possible thing that could have happened with this game. We still have to go out and play well but it is better than going to Foxboro - i've said it a million times on this board - lets hope we avoid going to NE
ETL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:42 PM   #8
CargoJon
Starter

Member Number: 4796

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerCountryGirl View Post

I wonder when they're going to quit referring to Brady and Belicheat as a "dynasty". They haven't won a ring in 6 years and we've won 2 since their last one.
CargoJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #9
Steel_Bus_24
Team President

Member Number: 2886

I said it last week too

Do not be Fooled!!!!!

This will be a total war until the end

Ive seen it all year.....Rex Ryan has made a deal with the devil this year......so many funky things have went their way....

They're bringing their A game...including Sanchez.....hes not going to go all Flacco

We can't get caught playing their Trash Talking games......and someone better get a hold of Kemo an remind him

Its going to take a monumental effort in both Mind and Body to beat these guys

Good News....the Steelers are very capable

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:48 PM   #10
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620

They were a so-called dynasty for about 5 years. I don't think they were that good personally. Mostly luck and cheating got them where they were. Brady did a good job with what he had to work with this year, but they were not really a good team like in the past.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote