Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-17-2011, 08:45 AM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Fans Won the Game

Fans Won the Game
Heather's Corner Desk
January 17, 2011 - Heather Ziegler
http://www.theintelligencer.net/page...-the-Game.html

It was an experience of a lifetime to sit in the stands at Heinz Field on Saturday to watch the Pittsburgh Steelers beat the Baltimore Ravens. It was my first time to experience such a game in person and to be part of the crowd of fans unlike any I've witnessed for other sporting events including basketball, hockey and baseball. I

t was an incredible effort on the team's part to come back from a devastating halftime when the Steelers were down by two touchdowns. However, the team and fans came back at halftime re-energized. From the minute the team stepped on the field for the second half and until the last second ticked off the clock, the fans never let up on their support whether it was for the Steelers' awesome defense or the amazing performance-in-a-clutch-situation offense.

We spent more time on our feet than in our seats as the noise level could be heard 60 miles away if you just listened for it! A sea of black and gold flooded that stadium. When the military jets did a fly-over before the game, the crowd went crazy. It was very moving, together with the huge American flag unfurled over the field. On tv you don't get to see all the extra stuff that goes on inside the stadium.

TV doesn't hone in on players on the sidelines dancing and whipping the crowd into a frenzy. You can't smell the sausage and peppers cooking on the grills at the tailgate parties in the parking lots. And after the game, there were no strangers. Everyone was hugging someone. High-fives were exchanged everywhere. And as the wave of humanity exited the stadium, people chanted cheers and literally jumped for joy.

I know it was just a football game in the world of some things more important, but for just one day all was right with the world for Steeler fans and that's a whole lot of people. On to Sunday... Here we go, Steelers, here we go!

(So much for that troll's opinion that Heinz is a morgue. - mesa)
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:46 AM   #2
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed
Default Re: Fans Won the Game

Renegade tunred it up than came the turnovers
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:55 AM   #3
steelerdave1969
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12338

Its great to see a post like that for sure. I'm sure it would be awesome to be in that crowd at Heinz Field.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:02 AM   #4
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

Compare that to the Patriots fans who were clearing the stadium out after the Jets scored the last TD - with like 4:00 minutes on the clock!

Although it would have been a long shot, the Patriots still had a chance to win the game. I don't care how cold it is, if there's time on the clock and you're a real fan, your *** should be in your seat.

Patriot's fans don't deserve to get to watch their team win another championship.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:08 AM   #5
TailgateMel
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 8498

The game was so friggin awesome.. anyone that says "I was glad to be home warm on my couch" doesn't know what they missed. We literally sat down twice in the game during commercials.. we were standing the rest of the time.

Here is my video of the flyover, my phone died right after that, so I didn't get any more video.

[YOUTUBE]3wR8L0uXPpg[/YOUTUBE]

100% Certified Grade-A SteelerChick
TailgateMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:08 AM   #6
SteelWolf62
Water Boy

Member Number: 8500

I have yet to experience a game at Heinz Field but always have surround sound on and it seemed like that 3rd turnover had everyone stoked. Loudest I've ever heard it and no I didn't have it any louder than usual.

There's Santonio. Wave to him!!
SteelWolf62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:09 AM   #7
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,368 Times in 568 Posts

I agree. Heinz Field may have been the loudest yet and that's hard to top Troy's interception in last years Title Game. Even when we seemed down and out, our fans really brought it, and brought it all game long. The atmosphere at Heinz Field and at Steelers games is something that needs to be witnessed. I wish I can spend it with all of you.

After the game, that article is right. There ARE no strangers. I hugged so many people that my arms were cramping. Amazing. Steelers fans are simply AMAZING!
Old 01-17-2011, 10:29 AM   #8
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

I actually could hear the crowd from my house, faintly, but I heard it... But I only live like 3 miles from downtown and can see it from my house lol
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:34 AM   #9
NoFieldFive
Starter

Member Number: 10965

that was my first game there...awesome experience.

was the fly over a little early? the National Anthem was still being played. maybe that was planned but they seemed to be about 10 seconds early on the fly over.
NoFieldFive is offline   Reply With Quote