Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 01-17-2011, 08:14 PM   #91
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Hello Steelers Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsfan115 View Post
i gotta agree this is the toughest playoff schedule ever. face the top 3 franchises this decade all on the road
Sorry, you don't get that one either. The Steelers powered through the 1, 2 and 3 seeds in the AFC on the road in 2005 and then got the #1 seed in the NFC in the Super Bowl. That ain't happening so we got you beat on that one too. Sorry about that.

BTW, Sanchez is going to wish the Patriots would have beat the Jets last week after the Steelers get done with him. It is going to be embarrassing for him. I wouldn't want to be him when Woodley, Harrison, Timmons, Ziggy Hood, and Troy get done with him. His head will be spinning before half time. Count on it. Between him overthrowing his receivers, Edwards and Holmes both dropping critical passes (Holmes drove me crazy doing that when he was here and Edwards is a joke) and the sack attack hounding him all day, Sanchez will be lucky to put any points on the board. I am guessing he might get one TD pass in there. Not scared of him in the least bit. As long as Ben doesn't get strip sacked and lose the ball, I am not worried about anything in this game except the STs. That is the big worry for me. Steelers 27 Jets 13 is my guess on the score.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:19 PM   #92
winningisnewtome
Water Boy

Member Number: 17772

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukesDad88 View Post
The not so tough thing for me is that I used to like the Jets, back in the Mangini days and before. Since Rex Ryan's come aboard, it's a different story.

you know i dont mind rex ryan and heres my reason...

the jets as we all know have been an AWFUL franchise. just bad season after bad season. One headline that will always stay in my mind is a few months after 9/11 the Jets had some devastating loss and the headline inthe post was

"different world, different country, different city...same ol jets"

I liked what Rex has done tho, he is trying to change the perception of this team. He is saying out loud we're good and we're going to beat you etc..

now i know that can be obnoxious to other teams...and to be honest i hate when they talk shit like they did with the patriots. I'm a believer of do your talking on the field.

However, the team has been bad for SOOOOOO long that Rex comes out and will shout "we are the best" so it instill's confidence in his players and the fan base.
winningisnewtome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:34 PM   #93
Pac
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17773

Interesting.. I suspected there might be a whacky homer or 2 but surprised how many of you are dismissing a team that:

A) Just waxed the team that waxed you not too long ago

B) Just BEAT YOU in YOUR CRIB a few weeks ago

I'm not delusional enough to think this will be a cakewalk but I do fully expect another victory. Who exactly is going to score points for you? Wallace will in all likelihood be covered by Revis (not good news guys - sorry), Wards impact will be minimal at best, our safties are playing much better in coverage, and if Ellis plays anything like he did yesterday he'll have another 2 or 3 sacks against your shaky O-line.

I don't expect the Jets to coast but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they do.
Pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:39 PM   #94
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,054 Times in 3,367 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac View Post
Interesting.. I suspected there might be a whacky homer or 2 but surprised how many of you are dismissing a team that:

I'm not delusional enough to think this will be a cakewalk but I do fully expect another victory. Who exactly is going to score points for you? Wallace will in all likelihood be covered by Revis (not good news guys - sorry), Wards impact will be minimal at best, our safties are playing much better in coverage, and if Ellis plays anything like he did yesterday he'll have another 2 or 3 sacks against your shaky O-line.

I don't expect the Jets to coast but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they do.
This guy. Don't believe me? Please suit up 11 db's for this game, that would make my frickin' day.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:42 PM   #95
winningisnewtome
Water Boy

Quote:

bro we waxed nothing...if you remember that game we ran a kickoff back for a td and got a saftey...it was a great victory but you can't expect those things to happen again.

I also remember knocking in our red zone in the closing seconds and giving me indigestion.

as i said before would it surprise me if we lost...no...however it wouldnt surprise me if we won. this jet team can play with anyone on the field. We have also been playing much better.

Please don't trash talk because the steelers are legit and are better then the pats because unlike the pats they have a defense.

However, there isn;t a doubt this game can go either way

GO JETS
Old 01-17-2011, 09:45 PM   #96
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,137 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:

It's cool. We're all fired up. It's silly to think though that fans here wouldn't have confidence going against the Jets.

And yes, we all know that the Jets (barely) beat the Steelers a few weeks ago. Luckily, that doesn't factor in to what will happen on Sunday. If regular season wins/losses determined who wins in the post season, the Jets would be on vacation right now.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:47 PM   #97
Pac
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
This guy. Don't believe me? Please suit up 11 db's for this game, that would make my frickin' day.
He's a good back and had a nice game against us last time. That said I bet the Jets will be willing to concede yards on the ground if it means shitting down their air attack.

Besides... I don't think they'll have to play the soft zones they've had to against Manning and Brady. I understand Ben is tougher than the aforementioned QB's but lets be real. He's not as gifted a passer and no one will be thinking he can light us up through the air... If anything I can see the Jets going back to being a more "blitzy" bunch this week - especially if the weather is bad.

But I agree with your original point.. Rashard is good and can have a very good game if they don't account for him.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:49 PM   #98
Pac
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by winningisnewtome View Post
bro we waxed nothing...
naw man I meant we waxed the Pats yesterday. Everyone who saw it knows it wasn't as close as the final score.

The adjective I'd use to describe the game against Pitt would be more like.... clung.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:51 PM   #99
winningisnewtome
Water Boy

Quote:
naw man I meant we waxed the Pats yesterday. Everyone who saw it knows it wasn't as close as the final score.

The adjective I'd use to describe the game against Pitt would be more like.... clung.
my apology

misread the statement....thought i read waxed you not to long ago lol.

yes clung would be a good adjective there.

I cant wait for this game on SundaY
Old 01-17-2011, 11:59 PM   #100
azJETSfan
Water Boy

Member Number: 17766

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
Man, I know we're going to punch you guys in the big mouth's on Sunday, I just hope we were allowed to use our 6 rings of brass-knuckles to do so!
ma man...you know what...I will give you that 6 rings (but they mean 0 come game time)
...you just may punch us in the mouth (but we are NOT glass jaw) just dont be surprised when you get 2 piece & a biscuit in return
we ARE a bunch full of bravado & confidence, cause unlike your squad...we are ALWAYS overlooked, undervalued & expected to achieve nothing.

in ANY fight, you can not expect NOT to get grilled here or there, the key is (much like you got up off the canvass against the pigeons in the 2nd half) we too are a resilient bunch that will also get up, wipe the blood off with our wrist as we guard are grill & KNUCKLE UP!

the one thing ALL on these boards can agree with...the super bowl winner will be an TEAM!!!

DING DING!