Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-19-2011, 06:47 PM   #191
mcg24
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17631
Default Re: Hello Steelers Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by pherein View Post

I really have no idea where the Jets fans are coming from anymore. Seems they just want to pull a Rex and talk there way into a win. You have your hands full this sunday. Your not the better team walking on the field, and you're not going to be able to talk your way out of this one, we played them, PiTT is solid. Its almost impossible to run against this team. You don't really match up as well as you think.
Some Jets fans don't use the very difficult concept known as "logic."
Old 01-19-2011, 06:53 PM   #192
mcg24
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17631

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeneMachine View Post
I am not a huge believer in stats. There are to many variables to use them to compare two teams when trying to pick a winner. Not to mention the playoffs are different animal. The "experts are saying this will be a 3 point game. Thats what they say when they have no idea. The Jets nation is feeling confident because we have been playing really good ball the past few weeks and are red hot.
"Not to mention the playoffs are different animal."

Huge advantage for the Steelers, we have many of the same guys still on the team that have won the tournament twice.

"The Jets nation is feeling confident because we have been playing really good ball the past few weeks and are red hot."

I understand that but c'mon. You beat a great Patriots team, sure, but the Colts team you beat has just been demolished by injuries, they were lucky they made the playoffs. Not to mention, you are playing the Steelers here, a team with one of the greatest running defenses of all time this year. Stats won't tell you who will win a game, but they will tell you a lot about a team. The stats tell you that you will not run the ball against the Steelers.

Mark Sanchez will HAVE to make plays. More than likely a few big ones. If you are extremely confident he will make these big plays with our defense, and Troy Polamalu back again, so be it, I just wouldn't understand it.

Both teams have a chance, but I certainly wouldn't be confident as a Jets fan. I wasn't confident the Steelers would beat the Ravens last week. I picked them, but I knew the Ravens wanted it real bad, and it showed, they just tired out.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:58 PM   #193
pherein
Water Boy

Member Number: 17268

Quote:
I am not a huge believer in stats. There are to many variables to use them to compare two teams when trying to pick a winner. Not to mention the playoffs are different animal. The "experts are saying this will be a 3 point game. Thats what they say when they have no idea. The Jets nation is feeling confident because we have been playing really good ball the past few weeks and are red hot.
If you don't take into account stats, then your not really interested in talking ball. You might try crop circles or if the pyramids were made by aliens. Walking into an opposing teams forum to simply state , "hey we're going to win" with nothing to back it up is pretty counter productive, dont you think? I really don't think the steeler fans care much about how confident you feel.
pherein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:59 PM   #194
GreeneMachine
Water Boy

Location: Long Island to Hilton Head Island to Tucson to Eau Claire
Member Number: 17770

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcg24 View Post
"Not to mention the playoffs are different animal."

Huge advantage for the Steelers, we have many of the same guys still on the team that have won the tournament twice.

"The Jets nation is feeling confident because we have been playing really good ball the past few weeks and are red hot."

I understand that but c'mon. You beat a great Patriots team, sure, but the Colts team you beat has just been demolished by injuries, they were lucky they made the playoffs. Not to mention, you are playing the Steelers here, a team with one of the greatest running defenses of all time this year. Stats won't tell you who will win a game, but they will tell you a lot about a team. The stats tell you that you will not run the ball against the Steelers.

Mark Sanchez will HAVE to make plays. More than likely a few big ones. If you are extremely confident he will make these big plays with our defense, and Troy Polamalu back again, so be it, I just wouldn't understand it.

Both teams have a chance, but I certainly wouldn't be confident as a Jets fan. I wasn't confident the Steelers would beat the Ravens last week. I picked them, but I knew the Ravens wanted it real bad, and it showed, they just tired out.
For me to come on here and say the Jets will win hands down would make me ignorant. I dont think by any means this will be an easy game or a sure win. I do think we have as much of a chance as the Steelers though. You are correct is saying the Jets will not run all over the Steelers but we will be balanced as we have been most of the year. We will probably be in the 80-90 yard range. We will have to run to keep those monster LBs honest
GreeneMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:04 PM   #195
GreeneMachine
Water Boy

Quote:
If you don't take into account stats, then your not really interested in talking ball. You might try crop circles or if the pyramids were made by aliens. Walking into an opposing teams forum to simply state , "hey we're going to win" with nothing to back it up is pretty counter productive, dont you think? I really don't think the steeler fans care much about how confident you feel.
If you want to use stats go ahead but anyone who really understands the game will say stats are fun to look at but at the end of the day you have to play the game. We did not play against the same teams at the same times ect.... Like I said there are too many variables to use stats to predict a game. If we could we would all be in Vegas winning millions.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:12 PM   #196
pherein
Water Boy

Quote:
If you want to use stats go ahead but anyone who really understands the game will say stats are fun to look at but at the end of the day you have to play the game. We did not play against the same teams at the same times ect.... Like I said there are too many variables to use stats to predict a game. If we could we would all be in Vegas winning millions.
Sanchez at 54.8% completion and Benn at 61.7% is not a useless stat. It means he is way more accurate. Brees shots a 68.7%, it's the only way we squeezed a win out. Your not going to get the same rushing yards because polamalu is playing.
Im not seeing Sanchez out playing the steelers secondary, especially sense polamalu wasn't playing when you played them. Your missing the point. Your acting like your favored, your not.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:17 PM   #197
GreeneMachine
Water Boy

Quote:
Sanchez at 54.8% completion and Benn at 61.7% is not a useless stat. It means he is way more accurate. Brees shots a 68.7%, it's the only way we squeezed a win out.
Im not seeing Sanchez out playing the steelers secondary, especially sense polamalu wasn't playing when you played them. Your missing the point. Your acting like your favored, your not.
I think you may be trying to create an argument that is not there. I am not saying Sanchez is better. I am saying that the 2 complete teams match up well. This will not be a blow out. You keep going back to stats about 2 different QBs who played different teams. Do you think the stats would be identicle if Ben or Sanchez played different teams ( Schedule) this year.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:20 PM   #198
GreeneMachine
Water Boy

Quote:
Sanchez at 54.8% completion and Benn at 61.7% is not a useless stat. It means he is way more accurate. Brees shots a 68.7%, it's the only way we squeezed a win out. Your not going to get the same rushing yards because polamalu is playing.
I also never said we were favored. I said Jets fans are confident.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:25 PM   #199
pherein
Water Boy

Quote:
I think you may be trying to create an argument that is not there. I am not saying Sanchez is better. I am saying that the 2 complete teams match up well. This will not be a blow out. You keep going back to stats about 2 different QBs who played different teams. Do you think the stats would be identicle if Ben or Sanchez played different teams ( Schedule) this year.
If Benn played on the Jets this season he would be a better QB than Sanchez, thats pretty obvious. My argument is with the Jets fans tone as of late.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:28 PM   #200
GreeneMachine
Water Boy

Quote:
If Benn played on the Jets this season he would be a better QB than Sanchez, thats pretty obvious. My argument is with the Jets fans tone as of late.
I am still not arguing that fact. Keep in mind as with any team there are those people looking for trouble.