Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 01-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #51
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
Thanked 1,014 Times in 533 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default Re: Hello Steelers Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
Yo Hitman! Just being my usual smart-ass self.
Haha, that's the only way to be.

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #52
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,148 Times in 863 Posts

Welcome Jets fan.

As soon as we lost to the Jets, I begged and pleaded to see you guys again. My honest opinion is that I really don't think your team could be as good as ours this up-coming Sunday with this much at stake for the Steelers. These physical teams play RIGHT into the Steelers hands. Finesse is one thing, but I don't expect the Jets to be all that whatsoever walking into here and I'm pretty confident then the recent years that we did win the NFL Lombardi Trophy.

Fact of the matter is, is that Sanchez has never seen the defense at its peak, and the defense he will finally go up against, in playoff ball, on the road in front of a frenzied crowd is going to rattle Sanchez into going even more into the shell attitude that will trickle down to the coaching staff. The Colts and the Patriots simply couldn't run the ball, OR stop the run, which is our forte' and how we build on winning football games.

I just think at the end of the day and when it's all said and done, our leadership and been there, done that mentality is going to over-shine a mediocre Jets team, esp on the offensive side of the ball. You're lucky Brady had an off day, or he would of found a way to win simply because the Jets offense is so stagnant and borderline horrible.

Sanchez was overthrowing MANY throws. Those balls won't hit the ground with a roaming Troy Polamalu, GURANTEED.

Welcome, and good luck!
Old 01-17-2011, 05:37 PM   #53
azJETSfan
Water Boy

Member Number: 17766

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsfan115 View Post
lol, every fan base has trolls. especially on the internet. I'm sure you guys have some too.
Thanks for the welcome. Should be an interesting game to watch

Thanks

My breakdown

QB - Advantage Steelers - Sanchez is playing great ball but big ben has 2 rings and has proven to be clutch in big games and is more experianced
O-line - Jets - steelers o-line is banged up and wasn't great to begin with. jets are only down 1 starter and have a top 5 o-line
RBs - Jets Greene and LT make a better duo then moore and mendenhall. also t-rich is still a stud at F
WRs/TEs - Slight advantage jets. This was a really tough one to call and i wouldn't fault anyone for taking the steelers. but BE and holmes are a very string duo and hines ward looks like he's slowing down. wallace is a stud though. cochery is more proven and reliable then sanders as well and while miller is sure handed he doens't have the down-field ability of dustin keller

D-line - Even hampton is a stud NT but the rest of the line is average. same with the jets. pohua has doen well and ellis can be a stud at time.
LBers - Steelers - jets have great LBers but the steelers have the best group in the league. all 4 are studs
CBs - Jets revis and cro are the best set in teh league and the depth is good too
S - Steelers. pala is the best in the game, jets safties are average

Special teams- Jets, jets returners led the league in return average and our punter tied the NFL record for punts inside the 20. Our kicker is sketchy though.

Coaching???? i'd love to lean towards tomlin cause he has a ring, but rex's gameplan the past 2 weeks to confuse to HOFers is amazing. Ben is good but isn't on manning/brady level. This is a tough call so i won't make one lol
I have to agree across the boards on this evaluation. EITHER way...I am REALLY looking forward to this game! I dont see the trash talk being ANYTHING like it was with the GAYtriots...there is a LONG running issue with us & them. None of that with ya squad. SHOULD prove to be a HELLA game though~:sa lute:
azJETSfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:40 PM   #54
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by azJETSfan View Post
I have to agree across the boards on this evaluation. EITHER way...I am REALLY looking forward to this game! I dont see the trash talk being ANYTHING like it was with the GAYtriots...there is a LONG running issue with us & them. None of that with ya squad. SHOULD prove to be a HELLA game though~:sa lute:
I'll tell you one thing, if Sanchez does pull off the upset, going on the road to Indy, to N.E and to Pittsburgh to go through the 3 NFL/AFC power-house's, I will GLADLY tip my hat to the N.Y Jets organization. You guys would deserve it all but there's one big wall of Steel Curtain in your way!
Old 01-17-2011, 05:48 PM   #55
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,472 Times in 3,548 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
I'll tell you one thing, if Sanchez does pull off the upset, going on the road to Indy, to N.E and to Pittsburgh to go through the 3 NFL/AFC power-house's, I will GLADLY tip my hat to the N.Y Jets organization. You guys would deserve it all but there's one big wall of Steel Curtain in your way!
agree. if they pull this off, they deserve to win the sb, their road is the toughest having to face indy, NE, and now the Steelers.

I think their road stops here though
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:55 PM   #56
azJETSfan
Water Boy

Member Number: 17766

I wont sit here & make believe we will beat you down like a red head step child...Nor do I feel we are going to get tapped out either.

I WILL say, I EXPECT a good game & in my eyes, I DO expect to win as you do (thats what fans do) but this is by no means a gimme for EITHER team. I KNOW this will be a great game either way & the AFC WILL rep in the superbowl!!!

lotta bone crushin & he who makes LEAST amount of turn overs shall WIN.

Good luck to both teams & may the better squad win.

Last edited by azJETSfan; 01-17-2011 at 06:13 PM. Reason: add line
azJETSfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:03 PM   #57
Jetsfan115
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17757

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
Oh and I bet your safeties can't do this

they do this
[YOUTUBE]j9RfJwSkMU8[/YOUTUBE]
Old 01-17-2011, 06:06 PM   #58
Jetsfan115
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17757

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
i gotta agree this is the toughest playoff schedule ever. face the top 3 franchises this decade all on the road
Old 01-17-2011, 06:17 PM   #59
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,475 Times in 1,147 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsfan115 View Post
he threw 3 TDs and had 64% completions and a 128 rating and 0 turnovers. what more do you want?

you do remember that we beat you week 15 and sacked big ben quote a bit. don't you? your o-line is weak right now. ben is gonna run for his life all game
3 times is normal for Ben...that is not "quite a bit". Ravens just sacked him 6 times last week, and look at all the good it did them.

You can't use the sack argument with him. No doubt they'll get to him, probably at least 4 times....that doesn't mean jack though unless it's on a 3rd down and they have to punt. Any other down and chances are he'll just complete a first down immediately (or shortly) after.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:21 PM   #60
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

The thing is, that Ben's style of play is going to get him sacked 3-4 times.. esp against a Rex Ryan defense but Ben's style is what I like to call the 'Barry Sanders effect." Sanders was one of the most dominant and explosive backs the NFL has ever seen, but he DID take many runs and yardage off of his career by running backwards to make a play happen.

Ben will get sacked, he will hold onto the ball, but expect him to make even MORE plays downfield with his elusiveness. He will go down, but he will also stand up, switch hands, stiff arm a backer, get out of the pocket and unleash a bitchin' ball for a big gain, one that sticks it right to the defense.