Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 04:37 PM   #11
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
My Mood: Bored
Default Re: Banned for speaking my mind.

I missed it. I didn't even read the thread. But if you were posting your opinion and backing it up, there's no way you should get banned.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:37 PM   #12
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

this is not an appropriate way to go about discussing this, but since you brought it up...

Everybody has a right to speak their own mind on their own opinions on this forums, thats why it was created. Whatever political, sports, or otherwise views that anybody has can be freely expressed within the guidelines of the forums which the owner/admin has set forth in the "laws of the land" announcement that is posted on this forum. When 1 or multiple complaints come to the attention of the management it is our duty to investigate the situation and see if it is deemed to be a legitiment concern or not. while all the members will not always agree with any decisions handed down by SF management, we do our best to be fair and impartial in every instance.

Nobody is being blackballed and everyone has a right to their own opinion, and its not a matter of backing up your thoughts with links and legit information either. At the discretion of SF management the thread in question was flagged and reviewed and after review it was determined to hand down the suspension..based on the thread itself, complaints from some members, and based on communication between SF management and the parties in question.

Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 04-25-2006 at 04:43 PM.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:49 PM   #13
BBC
Team Captain

Member Number: 2109

While I am not a big fan of posters publicly voicing their negative opinions about the site, and feel that this would be better suited as a PM to the Admin or to a Mod, it seems like you have a valid point here from what I have seen.

This is something that the staff should look at, and if they do feel that you were wronged, they should voice an apology to you, and see what they can do to get you back the three days. If they feel that the decision was the right one, than we should all move on, and just welcome you back and look forward to your posts.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:05 PM   #14
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Just add to my original thoughts in my reply in this thread.

This was a private matter, and was kept that way , for the sake of fairness and privacy for all parties involved. SF is a great place to hang out and has become a staple for most of us, on a daily basis. No matter what the subject though, bringing this out in the open is neither fair to management, the parties invovled, and is definately not good for the reputation of SF in general. SF management stands by its decision and it will not be changed. LITP is no longer suspended as the 3 day suspension has already been completed. It would be beneficial to just move on and enjoy SF for what its become so far and what it will become in the future thanks to ALL the great members here.

Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 04-25-2006 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:14 PM   #15
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

I was gonna sit this out, but I gotta chime in.

This was not a banning, it was a temporary suspension...and this had less to do with any one thread than it had to do with an entire body of work.

How do I know this? Because I was issued a warning along with a few other posters (Including the author of this thread) and told in no uncertain terms that I needed to mind my p's and q's and that I was pissing people off. This was all well before the thread in question was even posted. In effect, I was told to try and take it down a notch and not be purposefully confrontational, which I complied with.

Without knowing the whole situation (Which this thread in no way shape or form represents, and I'm not going to attempt to get into), there's an awful lot of sympathy pouring out right now that's misplaced.

This is a private message board (That's why we all had to register), and it's not a Democracy. It's just like being a visitor in someone's house...they don't need ANY reason to kick you out if you aren't abiding by their rules and wishes, and it doesn't matter whether you agree with them or not. In my estimation, the worst course of action after being told to leave "the house" for a few days would be to come right back in and call the owners of the house out, especially when they were gracious enough to let me back in after I clearly angered them enough that they felt they needed to ask me to leave.

Perhaps that's why Matt began his post by saying "This isn't appropriate"
Old 04-25-2006, 05:25 PM   #16
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
this is not an appropriate way to go about discussing this, but since you brought it up...

Everybody has a right to speak their own mind on their own opinions on this forums, thats why it was created. Whatever political, sports, or otherwise views that anybody has can be freely expressed within the guidelines of the forums which the owner/admin has set forth in the "laws of the land" announcement that is posted on this forum. When 1 or multiple complaints come to the attention of the management it is our duty to investigate the situation and see if it is deemed to be a legitiment concern or not. while all the members will not always agree with any decisions handed down by SF management, we do our best to be fair and impartial in every instance.

Nobody is being blackballed and everyone has a right to their own opinion, and its not a matter of backing up your thoughts with links and legit information either. At the discretion of SF management the thread in question was flagged and reviewed and after review it was determined to hand down the suspension..based on the thread itself, complaints from some members, and based on communication between SF management and the parties in question.
You know that I waited 3 or 4 days since the ban was lifted to get a private reply on this subject - you gave me one and and i told you that I was bringing this to a forum.

As I say, I debated keeping quiet about it - but in your words "this kind of thing is going to arise again" - and I as I said - I know that i will be on the wrong end of the decision.

Maybe you can explain what the mods thought was wrong with the thread - all i have got so far is that you thought I was trying to instigate an argument with certain members - and even if i was - what gives them the god given right to post their political opinions where I am not.

The fact that the previous 'warning' has been raised is utterly bogus - that was concerning personal insults -which i went out of my way to avoid on the thread.

I find it weird that people can complain in total secrecy about a post or thread of mine and get me a temporary ban - and I dont even know who they are?

For the record, there was also no discussion with the 'parties in question' - the first I heard of it was a screen on this forum telling me I had been banned for 3 days and would not be allowed to log on.

I look at the post from Suitanim and I can tell he has been waiting for an opportunity like this for a long time - he doesnt like me.....but does the fact that he doesnt like me deserve to get me disciplined?

I doubt it.

Worse things have been written in forums - yet I am the only person I can ever remember being suspended.

Thanks to all those who agree with me - even if you didnt agree with the original post..its appreciated.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:29 PM   #17
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

I have absolutely nothing, NOTHING to do with your suspension. In fact, after I was warned, I avoided you as much as possible.

You brought this all on yourself, so don't try and drag me into this mess you've created for yourself.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:35 PM   #18
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

We are not going to get into a he said, she said debate or arguement here or get into any details of what the parties involved said via communication with each other and the management, its not fair to anyone else. It is not appropriate at all. This forum reserves the right to make any decision it feels necessary for the overall good of SF. Not everyone will agree because we can't please everyone. When memebers complain about another member, the issue is investigated thorougly through alot of communication and research. Temporary suspension and permanant bannings are not done lightly, or out of spite, or just because somebody complained in secret. There's alot more to it than that. Anybody who's been around forums for any length of time knows this.

PM's and emails were sent, warnings were issued, details were discussed, everyone was made equally aware of previous problems that had arose and based on these previous issues discussed, the warnings were sent and then the suspension levied for this instance, when it was determined that you did not comply with the agreement as the others have.

Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 04-25-2006 at 06:18 PM.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:45 PM   #19
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

My eight year old does'nt act this childish!

Your bloviating has been a very good source of humor for me, but I guess others don't see it that way. You just can't go around saying whatever you want and expect no repercussions.

I'll say it right here in the open. I think you should absolutely be !!!!!!

If for nothing else then coming off of your temp ban and acting this way. Treating this site (which has given you almost 2k in posts) with no respect!!!
Old 04-25-2006, 06:39 PM   #20
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,312 Times in 1,831 Posts

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Closed Thread