Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 05:44 PM   #21
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992
Default Re: Banned for speaking my mind.

wow. i kind of enjoy the heating discussions and dont remember reading anything worth a ban. except maybe some stuff I MYSELF have posted and have apologized for.
just my 2 cents.
but this is a great site and the moderators do an excellent job.

(so how was that in staddling all sides, worthy of Kerry, huh??)
Old 04-25-2006, 05:49 PM   #22
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1504

Aiight since everyone be chimin in on this I'll put my voice out too. This is America and we have freedom of speech so we are allowed to have opinions and voices for them. We are also on a privately established forum (no government money pays to keep this forum open and online) and therefore whoever established it can play the "its my house I can kick you out whenever I want" card. I can understand both sides of this that in one sense you have to be careful how you word things on a forum like this because it is easy to misinterpret somethin when it is just words on a screen rather than an actual voice statin an opinion. That's one reason why I over do the "I mean no disrespect" line in many of my argumental posts. If I disagree wit a person I will argue my point but I in no way think less of that person for who they are (unless I state so). All of this is a fine line and it does not surprise me that the issue that caused the ban was over politics. My personal belief is to stay out of political discussion because (A) I don't know enough about them to argue a case (B) I don't understand how it all works well enough to get the arguments goin back and forth (C) I don't want to ask in the middle of an argument for explanation and look like a dumb*ass.

In this case, there are rules instated on this forum to keep it from becomin pandemonium and to keep us civil to a certain degree. The are there as weak guidelines (I say weak/loose because they are not specific in order to prevent certain types of discussion but rather to prevent excessive behavior). This is the locker room where we are supposed to come here to view any opinion. In my mind I will actually side wit LITP on this one and say that even though I never read the thread in question and even if I might not agree wit his political views (I don't know what they are and I'm not askin) it is the fact that we are in an open discussion area and as long as civility (I admit to that bein a subjective term) is kept it should be allowed to be kept open. If anyone disagrees wit him ok so what. No one is ever gonna convince the whole world to be on your side. If you have an argument against him put it out there and prepare to defend yourself. But don't play the "he hurt my feelings" card. It cause drama like this to happen and no one ends up happy.

LITP I wondered where you had been these past few days. Welcome back and I hope you stay for a long while. Peace.

BuFu

"Who said they was all tough? They ain't so tough! Smashmouth football baby! Pittsburgh style!" -Jerome Bettis #36 the BUS in 21-9 victory over Chicago Bears in 2005
Old 04-25-2006, 06:01 PM   #23
3 to be 4
Team Owner

so wheres Brady12?
Old 04-25-2006, 06:09 PM   #24
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,099 Times in 3,458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
so wheres Brady12?
he was permamently banned.

(pardon the bad joke to everyone involved)
Old 04-25-2006, 06:11 PM   #25
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

I too know nothing about this nor do I want to. On the Mods behalf I will say, Yes, this is America and if anyone does not like the way things are run around here, go out and start your own site.........after all this is America. Dig deeply into your pockets every month to pay to keep the site you have created going, just like the Mods at SF do to keep their site running when the members of SF do not come through each month. You can even have YOUR guidelines & rules similar to what SF has and every other Steeler club has.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:14 PM   #26
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
he was permamently banned.

(pardon the bad joke to everyone involved)

reeeaaaallly?????????? why?

see what happens when i relocate,start a new job, and have a parent die??
Old 04-25-2006, 06:21 PM   #27
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,099 Times in 3,458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
reeeaaaallly?????????? why?

see what happens when i relocate,start a new job, and have a parent die??
it was for this thread: http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5358

and his "tom brady is the man" sig

actually he was a good poster. his last post was 3-6-06 "kirby puckett dies" poor fella, i hope that wasnt his favorite ball player.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:24 PM   #28
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,658 Times in 1,581 Posts

Quote:

actually he was a good poster. his last post was 3-6-06 "kirby puckett dies" poor fella, i hope that wasnt his favorite ball player.
google fights were banned the year after c0ck fighting......

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 04-25-2006, 06:25 PM   #29
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

You know, the thread is still up. If you know (as you are about to) that me, LITP and a couple other people were admonished to post no threads that would antagonize or bait any of the other people who were warned, at the RISK OF BANNING, then you read this thread:

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=6532

You'll see that he clearly was warned, and, in spite of this warning, almost immediately posted up a thread that was filled with errors and inaccuracies, poorly researched, and had no goal other than to stir shit up.

Again, it's no different than being a guest in someone's house. If the owner tells you to turn your stereo down, you turn it down. In this case, the guest turned the stereo up, was asked to leave, was allowed to RETURN and had the incredbile audacity to question, and right out in the open (inappropriately), the owner of the house about what goes on in his own home.

What shocks me is that people are taking sides in an issue that doesn't have any sides.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:26 PM   #30
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1504

Quote:

How did that thread get him banned? I'll admit that game or whatever was a lil ridiculous but how did that lead to banning? Also where has drizze99 been?

BuFu

"Who said they was all tough? They ain't so tough! Smashmouth football baby! Pittsburgh style!" -Jerome Bettis #36 the BUS in 21-9 victory over Chicago Bears in 2005
Closed Thread