Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2011, 12:27 AM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,499
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,601
Thanked 6,675 Times in 2,896 Posts
Default Did Jets shoot their wad vs. the Patriots?

im especially curious to hear what our new jets members feel on the matter.

that game was their superbowl. they must feel like the 2007 NY giants right now. i am sure they are emotionally spent from the 2nd biggest win in their franchise history.

can anyone here imagine the steelers having to play a game a week after an emotional superbowl win?

it would be tough.

rex ryan can no longer play the "its personal" card. the guarantees from pre-season and hard knocks will only get you so far.

will they have anything left in the tank?

i think they will be flat and overwhemed by the magnitude of Hienz field and its crowd in that atmosphere. it will be much different from the cheese and whine crowd, they saw in foxboro.
__________________
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:34 AM   #2
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter
 
MACH1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Potataho
Posts: 14,037
Member Number: 3236
Thanks: 1,572
Thanked 4,666 Times in 1,756 Posts
Default Re: Did Jets shoot their wad on the Patriots?

Beating the pats* was their money shot.
__________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:39 AM   #3
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod
 
Fire Arians's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 10,038
Member Number: 16570
Thanks: 1,650
Thanked 6,033 Times in 2,579 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Did Jets shoot their wad on the Patriots?

they shot their wad in that container tom brady was drinking from
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:55 AM   #4
azJETSfan
Water Boy
 
azJETSfan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Devils Crotch AZ
Posts: 44
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17766
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Did Jets shoot their wad vs. the Patriots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
im especially curious to hear what our new jets members feel on the matter.

that game was their superbowl. they must feel like the 2007 NY giants right now. i am sure they are emotionally spent from the 2nd biggest win in their franchise history.

can anyone here imagine the steelers having to play a game a week after an emotional superbowl win?

it would be tough.

rex ryan can no longer play the "its personal" card. the guarantees from pre-season and hard knocks will only get you so far.

will they have anything left in the tank?

i think they will be flat and overwhemed by the magnitude of Hienz field and its crowd in that atmosphere. it will be much different from the cheese and whine crowd, they saw in foxboro.
in all honesty...there is no "its personal" for us...we have not played each other enough to have built that

yes, it was emotional for us with the gaytriots, they deserved ALL the ire they received ... but we are resilient. win lose or draw, I can GUARANTEE, we will GIVE as much as we GET on the field !

As far as I know...none of the guests (meaning us Jets fans) have been over the top or disrespectful & I expect that we will remain that way.

as 1 other Jets fan put it," we wouldnt be surprised if we lose, nor would we be surprised if we won"
Like you, we HOPE to win, that expectation of victory is what makes us ALL fans no matter the banner you fly. That commonality is what has us here chatting you all up about an up comin contest that will prove more nail biting, hard hitting & eventful than the Super Bowl itself !

(can I get an AMEN!?)
__________________
azJETSfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:12 AM   #5
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,499
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,601
Thanked 6,675 Times in 2,896 Posts
Default Re: Did Jets shoot their wad vs. the Patriots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azJETSfan View Post
As far as I know...none of the guests (meaning us Jets fans) have been over the top or disrespectful & I expect that we will remain that way.
nah, you jetsfans have been a great bunch so far. get 5-6 more like you, and you will exceed the nice swarm of tampa bay bucs fans we had earlier in the year.

kicking the shit out of the pats was a great win for you guys, and i rooted for them all the way (not cause i was afraid to face the patriots, but to see them lose in the most humiliating and embarrassing fashion is always best for me).

with that being said, do you have any concerns your team will be emotionally spent? it IS a legitimate concern.

this game is built on emotion and physicality. rex ryan encouraged that and cranked it up a notch. bill belichick dialed it down and practically shut it off.
__________________
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:16 AM   #6
Wallace108
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Member Number:
Default Re: Did Jets shoot their wad vs. the Patriots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
do you have any concerns your team will be emotionally spent? it IS a legitimate concern.
I think it's a real possibility. I was surprised at all the respect the Jets were showing the Steelers today. Just as the Steelers thrive on being the underdogs and being overlooked, I think the Jets thrive on being co.cky and boisterous. Psyching themselves up the way they did for the Colts and Pats* had to have taken something out of them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:19 AM   #7
azJETSfan
Water Boy
 
azJETSfan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Devils Crotch AZ
Posts: 44
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17766
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Did Jets shoot their wad vs. the Patriots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
nah, you jetsfans have been a great bunch so far. get 5-6 more like you, and you will exceed the nice swarm of tampa bay bucs fans we had earlier in the year.

kicking the shit out of the pats was a great win for you guys, and i rooted for them all the way (not cause i was afraid to face the patriots, but to see them lose in the most humiliating and embarrassing fashion is always best for me).

with that being said, do you have any concerns your team will be emotionally spent? it IS a legitimate concern.

this game is built on emotion and physicality. rex ryan encouraged that and cranked it up a notch. bill belichick dialed it down and practically shut it off.
I will be very frank, I dont think they will be emotionally spent, but I am very worried about the game. in my eyes, it can go either way there is a better chance your QB will have a great game than mine (speaking odds & experience) The environment is not as big cause we were just there (but the win has 0 to do with this Sunday)

I do see Revis on your number 1 with occasional over the top help (cause I think one of your posters made a valid point Wallace is prolly fast than Revis)

Troy is my biggest concern...as he is for everyone in the league Im sure (Def top 10 ALL TIME safety in my eyes & the FREAK IS STILL YOUNG!)

So, before I totally go off the point, no, I dont think they spent all they had emotionally on the gaytriots. Theirs was an ANGER driven game. Sundays match up will be more a chess match & execution.

(hope that answers your question)
__________________
azJETSfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:29 AM   #8
azJETSfan
Water Boy
 
azJETSfan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Devils Crotch AZ
Posts: 44
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17766
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Did Jets shoot their wad vs. the Patriots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
I think it's a real possibility. I was surprised at all the respect the Jets were showing the Steelers today. Just as the Steelers thrive on being the underdogs and being overlooked, I think the Jets thrive on being co.cky and boisterous. Psyching themselves up the way they did for the Colts and Pats* had to have taken something out of them.
good point, but my take is
1. Colts ... we played em tight & TOUGH for 28 minutes. Unfortunately for us...the game is 60 minutes (lol, I know...its obvious) so with them, we had to avenge our loss & 2nd half break down
2. Gaytriots... exactly like you with the pigeons, they are our arch enemy (fins are a CLOSE 2nd) so the hate & disdain has been there for many YEARS (in fact as long as I can remember) Sunday was a SMALL measure of vindication for us & a turn of tides for this rivalry.
3. Steelers Jets have no bad blood. Mutual respect & with such, I expect a great game filled with Football & not antics
__________________
azJETSfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:32 AM   #9
dcbng
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: in the middle of deadskins land
Posts: 51
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17655
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Did Jets shoot their wad vs. the Patriots?

the jets will be up for this game, it's the AFCCG, if that alone does not get you pumped, then just hang up your jock in the locker room before putting on your dress.
dcbng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:33 AM   #10
JackHammer
Assistant Coach
 
JackHammer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Steel Valley
Posts: 1,017
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5640
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Did Jets shoot their wad vs. the Patriots?

Yeah, I remember making a thread about the same thing and it got moved out of the Steelers Forum..............
JackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts