Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-18-2011, 12:40 AM   #1
wutchy
Banned

Member Number: 17595
Default The TomlinSON factor

The jets paid Ladanien Tomlinson a lot of money this year, and used him sparingly because they wanted him fresh as they moved deep into the playoffs.

His role increased last week, and figures to increase even more this week.

He has never given the Steeelers problems in the past, but he could this time because we're going to have to use a lot of nickel coverage. No getting around that.

I can see Tomlinson having opportunities coming out of the backfield on play action dump offs. Him and Keller should find themselves in the same parts of the field.

I suspect that the Steelers will play a lot of cover one robber defense, and blitz LB's up the middle, and drop the OLB's into zones.

Cover one robber will take away the flats, swing and screen pass from the jets. And it should be able to take away the Tomlinson factor out of the backfield where they will look to toss him quick short passes over the middle.
That means that Keller will be covered with by a dropping LB

The only way tomlinson could beat us is if he does it running through the line. If he hits a hole, he could go a long way unless Troy - the robber- can take him one on one in the open field.

Troy is going to have to make some open field tackles to get the jets offense off the field and take away the Tomlinson factor.

Clark is going to have to play cover one and make the play if a Wr beats one of our corners on a quick slant and breaks a tackle.

That means that if Tomlinson isn't getting opportunities for big plays, the jets will be trying to hit Holmes and Cotchery deep , and often.

Thats something we haven't seen too much of this year. The Steeler DB's like to keep it all in front of them. They'll have to be on the lookout for double moves and pump fakes. Rod Woodson would be a helpful coach this week for the corners.

I'd bet money that the jets come out of the gate running play action passes to Tomlinson right behind the linebackers. Tomlinson vs, Troy.
Does Tomlinson still have it.? We don't know, because the jets haven't tipped their hand all season. We'll see this week-end.

Ryan got LT just for this game and the super bowl.
wutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:56 AM   #2
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,454 Times in 2,742 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: The TomlinSON factor

tomlinson is still good, but he aint great like 5 years ago, and we always put a lid on him during those years. if they beat us, it's gonna be by their special teams
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:00 AM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,159 Times in 3,479 Posts

well last week vs the ravens we used the "Turd Burgular" defense and it worked out just fine.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:55 AM   #4
Jetsfan115
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17757

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutchy View Post
The jets paid Ladanien Tomlinson a lot of money this year, and used him sparingly because they wanted him fresh as they moved deep into the playoffs.

His role increased last week, and figures to increase even more this week.

He has never given the Steeelers problems in the past, but he could this time because we're going to have to use a lot of nickel coverage. No getting around that.

I can see Tomlinson having opportunities coming out of the backfield on play action dump offs. Him and Keller should find themselves in the same parts of the field.

I suspect that the Steelers will play a lot of cover one robber defense, and blitz LB's up the middle, and drop the OLB's into zones.

Cover one robber will take away the flats, swing and screen pass from the jets. And it should be able to take away the Tomlinson factor out of the backfield where they will look to toss him quick short passes over the middle.
That means that Keller will be covered with by a dropping LB

The only way tomlinson could beat us is if he does it running through the line. If he hits a hole, he could go a long way unless Troy - the robber- can take him one on one in the open field.

Troy is going to have to make some open field tackles to get the jets offense off the field and take away the Tomlinson factor.

Clark is going to have to play cover one and make the play if a Wr beats one of our corners on a quick slant and breaks a tackle.

That means that if Tomlinson isn't getting opportunities for big plays, the jets will be trying to hit Holmes and Cotchery deep , and often.

Thats something we haven't seen too much of this year. The Steeler DB's like to keep it all in front of them. They'll have to be on the lookout for double moves and pump fakes. Rod Woodson would be a helpful coach this week for the corners.

I'd bet money that the jets come out of the gate running play action passes to Tomlinson right behind the linebackers. Tomlinson vs, Troy.
Does Tomlinson still have it.? We don't know, because the jets haven't tipped their hand all season. We'll see this week-end.

Ryan got LT just for this game and the super bowl.
your wrong on so many levels

1) we paid him chump change. he came here for a ring
2) he had more carries then any of our other RBs this year
3) shonn greene is who we wanted fresh for the playoffs
4) LT had his lowest amount of carries for any game he's played in (he didn't play week 17 cause we rested our starters)
5) cochery isn't a deep threat, he's our slot WR. holmes and BE are our deep threats
6) don't forget about brad smith (if he plays ..hopefully) and the wildcat. he averages 8 yards a carry out of teh wildcat
Old 01-18-2011, 09:40 AM   #5
caseyviator
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsfan115 View Post
your wrong on so many levels

1) we paid him chump change. he came here for a ring
2) he had more carries then any of our other RBs this year
3) shonn greene is who we wanted fresh for the playoffs
4) LT had his lowest amount of carries for any game he's played in (he didn't play week 17 cause we rested our starters)
5) cochery isn't a deep threat, he's our slot WR. holmes and BE are our deep threats
6) don't forget about brad smith (if he plays ..hopefully) and the wildcat. he averages 8 yards a carry out of teh wildcat
hahahah wow u owned him that was pretty funny cause ofcourse ur rite n this guy was talkin like he really knew sumthin sumthin pro fotball defense which i thought was funny...then u slam him with the facts

cool jets fan
caseyviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:42 AM   #6
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,454 Times in 2,742 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

i heard ladanian is tomlin's son
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:09 AM   #7
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

I was gonna say..They rode LT pretty good at the beginning of the season because he was so effective. He did start wearing down. He was on my FFL team.