Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-25-2006, 07:04 PM   #1
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302
Default Wondering everyone elses thoughts

Recently there have been a couple fatal bear attacks. After each of these atacks bears were hunted down and killed, not even knowing if it were the right bear. Within hours the bears were shot and killed.
A human can kill and maybe go to prison, and possibly get out or off?? Is this fair?

I am not an animal rights activist, actually the opposite, I do hunt, for food. And I am in favor of eye for an eye. But these people went into these forest knowing the risk, and the bear was just protecting its home, or cubs or whatever, it didnt know any better. A human does know right from wrong.

It made me think because Unfortunatley I have a former friend that just killed two 19 year old college students, while driving drunk. I understand that this happens often, but this was his 12 DUI charge. Our justice system sucks, if he were put away along time ago, these two young people would be alive today. They know he did it, I`m all for death now.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:14 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,175 Times in 2,657 Posts
Default Re: Wondering everyone elses thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
Recently there have been a couple fatal bear attacks. After each of these atacks bears were hunted down and killed, not even knowing if it were the right bear. Within hours the bears were shot and killed.
A human can kill and maybe go to prison, and possibly get out or off?? Is this fair?

I am not an animal rights activist, actually the opposite, I do hunt, for food. And I am in favor of eye for an eye. But these people went into these forest knowing the risk, and the bear was just protecting its home, or cubs or whatever, it didnt know any better. A human does know right from wrong.

It made me think because Unfortunatley I have a former friend that just killed two 19 year old college students, while driving drunk. I understand that this happens often, but this was his 12 DUI charge. Our justice system sucks, if he were put away along time ago, these two young people would be alive today. They know he did it, I`m all for death now.
usually in a bear vs. human fight i am rooting for the bear. humans are pretty stupid and bears pretty much do what bears do. even if i was eaten by a bear or shark, i wouldnt want that animal killed to retrieve my body. maybe collect the poop and put it in an urn or something.

im like you. im all for hunting (other than for the sheer sake of killing) but when you go stepping onto someone elses turf and you get killed.......

if i got shot roaming around compton, i dont think the authorities would hunt down, and shoot kill the killer.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:16 PM   #3
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

I can't kill any animal. I just found a baby squirrel in my mom's backyard, and I had to drive it to a rehab center instead of just letting it go as my mom's suggested.

Animals just do what they do, and they don't know any better. But people are capable of doing evil. Need proof? Ever see a bear with 11 DUI's get drunk, drive and kill a couple kids?

I'll rescue a baby squirrel, but I'd have no problem shooting this guy with 12 DUI's in the head.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:26 PM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,175 Times in 2,657 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim

I'll rescue a baby squirrel, but I'd have no problem shooting this guy with 12 DUI's in the head.
absolutely. i cant count how many baby birds have fallen out of their nest, ive tried to rescue. i rehabilitated a baby cottontail rabbit i found last year (until it died). ive had better luck with stray abandonned kittens.

yet ive met plenty of people who i wouldnt walk across the street to piss on if they were on fire.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:11 PM   #5
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

i'll cap me a bear or two i don't give a damn lol, bears are useless anyway and ppl gonna start tearing down their homes to make more buildings and shit sooner or later so i guess just get it over with early lol
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:38 PM   #6
SteelerDan43
Banned
Supporter

Location: From Pittsburgh, currently going to school in Rochester
Member Number: 811

Its just a rash reaction much like what happens when sharks attack. People want the culprit animal dead, they could care less if its the actual attacker or not. should they be reprimanded? yes. arrested? no. unless its an endangered animal
SteelerDan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:46 PM   #7
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

[QUOTE=clevestinks]Recently there have been a couple fatal bear attacks. After each of these atacks bears were hunted down and killed, not even knowing if it were the right bear. Within hours the bears were shot and killed.
QUOTE]

it WAS the right bear. Our intelligence, at the time, had reason to believe the bear was a threat to our national security. Should we have waited until the bear mauled us first before we acted? Are you saying we'd be better off if the bear was still there??
Have you forgotten what happened to those campers?
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:47 PM   #8
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

They are wild animals. It's instinct. So you killed the animal that kill an individual. What exactly do you accomplish? I have no problem hunting game that needs to be controlled, but I do have a problem with morons that feel they need to get revenge on "that there bear that attacked Billy Bob" simply because it reacted on instinct. It's idiotic.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:36 PM   #9
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

I seem to remember watching a Bear get run over by a Bus last year, and I thought it was hilarious.
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:21 AM   #10
pucho58
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1737

I thought any wild animals that killed a human must be destroy because it will know that people are easy prey. As for the death pentalty, I think scumbags shouldn't die.Let them spend the rest of their lives in jail. I feel that way because my cousin was murder by her husband in cold blood. Here is the link http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=34815 He loves his freedom so death is too good for him.
pucho58 is offline   Reply With Quote