Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 04-26-2006, 06:57 PM   #1
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591
Default Suit's Official 2006 Mock Draft

The good news? I don't have to work Saturday. The bad news? My great uncle passed away yesterday, so I will be out of state for the funeral and such for the next couple of days, hence the mock 2 days early.

A couple notes. I culled this from ESPN the mag, ESPN' Draft Specials, CBS Sportsline, Fox Sports, Sporting News, and a few other online sources, then moved players around a little to fit need based on my own evaluations. I'm not considering trades (and I think there will be at least a couple) and will admit that my own mock will probably start falling apart as early as pick #2 Saturday. I also only used one either/or scenario, and that was for Jax TE (I believe that's the position they will target, but I have no idea how they will value Pope/Lewis).

Here goes:

1.Texans- Reggie Bush
2. Saints-Mario Williams
3. Titans- Matt Leinart(Norm Chow wins out and he gets his former player)
4. NY Jets- D’Brickashaw Ferguson (They take Croyle in RD 2 for a QB)
5 Packers- AJ Hawk(I’d not be surprised if Williams and hawk flip-flop0
6 49ers- Vernon Davis
7 Raiders- Vince Young
8 Buffalo-Haloti Ngata
9 Detroit Michael Huff (I was tempted to plug a WR in here)
10 Arizona- Jay Cutler
11 St. Louis Tye Hill
12 Cle Broderick Bunkley
13 Baltirats Jimmy Williams
14 Philly Winston Justice
15 Denver Chad Jackson
16 Miami Jonathon Joseph
17 Minny Chad Greenway
18 Dallas Donte Whitner
19 SD Santonio Holmes
20 KC Ashton Yobouty
21 Pats D’Angelo Williams
22 SF Antonio Cromartie
23 TB Eric Winston
24 Cincy Nick Mangold
25 NY Giants Bobby Carpenter
26 Chicago Sinorice Moss
27 Carolina LenDale White
28 Jax Leonard Pope or Mercedes Lewis
29 NYJ Lawrence Maroney
30 Indy Joseph Addai
31 Seattle Duece Litui
32 Steelers Ko Simpson
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:26 PM   #2
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302
Default Re: Suit's Official 2006 Mock Draft

Packers and Hawk, I really thought that maybe Green Bay would trade down just a tad and get Favre some help for his last year!
Old 04-26-2006, 07:32 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,825 Times in 2,091 Posts

nice.

10- denny green may be more in a win now mode than a build for the future mode. defense? cutler is probably the best pick for the longterm future (especially with a new stadium) does green want to draft the qb for his possible successor?
18- whitners moving up the boards and is definitely the best pick here for their needs. but you have j. jones + b. parcells. parcells would love a c. banks type lb to work alongside d. ware. jones has to be in love with the freakish nature of m. lawson. cooler heads probably prevail and they realize roy williams cant play ss and fs all by himself
19- i dont see how sd could pass on him at this point despite their needs at cb
20- despite their needs at wr i see them making the right move and addressing needs at cb. maybe next round moss.
25- not necessarilly a need but it is t. lewis and b. carpenter probably should be in the top 25 on most teams boards. good insurance, and they could bring him along slowly if needed. probably one of the top 3 players available here.
26- makes up for not landing el. signing f.a. cb makes this more likely. probably wise to not reach for a te at this point. defense still isnt out of the question.
29- jets are bummed mangold isnt there but "settling" for maroney isnt too bad for a 2nd 1st round pick
32- if whitner is still there, i think the steelers have a tough time passing him up. i compare it to last year and how the steelers probably wouldve taken matt jones had heath miller not been there. he could be a beast on special teams and help displace the loss of keisel moving into a starting role and likely less reps on special teams.

like m. jones, i think lawson is gone too, by this point, in which case a safety like simpson makes the most sense. or a trade out of the position.

4 players i think the steelers cant pass on if they fall to them (in this order):

l. white
b.carpenter
n. mangold
m. lawson

players like greenway, holmes, hill, whitner, will not fall to us. if its not white, the steelers should pass on any rb that falls to us in the 1st round.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:49 PM   #4
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Actually, the one "lock" I have in this draft is Donte Whitner to Dallas. I've heard it over and over, and from several different sources.

#20 is a reach for me, and it's my only "Homer" pick out of the whle thing. KC needs a CB, and I think they jump on the OSU bandwagon, but I could be way off here. Still, they addressed run defense last year, then promptly got trounced in pass defense. Problem for KC is they are aging on offense (especially the OL), so they may end up getting the D they need to win jst in tikme for their offense to slow down.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:57 PM   #5
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

i guess i wouldn't mind ko simpson now, after some of the stuff i read on him, the negatives i read ain't to bad, just saying he's older then most prospects (will be 23 year old rookie in 06), only played 2 years of college ball, and doesn't have elite speed but they say that a lot

but i like his strengths:
Has good size and a solid frame...Very productive and a standout throughout his two year career...Always around the action and has a nose for the ball...Is equally effective as a ballhawk in coverage and in supporting the run...Physical and a good tackler...Good ball skills...Has great instincts...Improving and has upside

so i'll get over them drafting a saftey quick lol, good mock mayne
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 08:23 PM   #6
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
Actually, the one "lock" I have in this draft is Donte Whitner to Dallas. I've heard it over and over, and from several different sources.

#20 is a reach for me, and it's my only "Homer" pick out of the whle thing. KC needs a CB, and I think they jump on the OSU bandwagon, but I could be way off here. Still, they addressed run defense last year, then promptly got trounced in pass defense. Problem for KC is they are aging on offense (especially the OL), so they may end up getting the D they need to win jst in tikme for their offense to slow down.
cant agree more with the k.c. take. other than l.j. they have an old (but extremely effective and top )offensive line. and an old (but extremely effective) qb who has put up great numbers with a sub-par wr corps. gonzales isnt young either.

yobouty isnt necessarily a homer pick. as deep and coveted as the db's are this year he very well could be the best cb on the board when they pick. they may be drafting more out of need than other teams though, and could pass on talent and potential at another position, yet still get the same along with an immediate starter in yobouty.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:00 PM   #7
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Correction: My mock will start falling apart at pick NUMBER ONE!

LOL
Old 04-29-2006, 12:03 PM   #8
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

You still get an A for effort suit
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 12:06 PM   #9
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
Correction: My mock will start falling apart at pick NUMBER ONE!

LOL
after pick 10 it could all shake back into line.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:10 PM   #10
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Is it just me, or is this draft rolling along at almost light speed (Comparitively speaking, of course).