Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-19-2011, 09:58 PM   #1
ricksteelers55
Team Captain

Member Number: 3104
Default Message for those who thinks that Santonio will help Jets D to prepare against our O

Yeah Santonio knows our D and could help the Jets D this week,but dont forget one thing,Whisenhunt knew our D too in the Superbowl it didnt change the fact that we won the game even though he had one of the best set of receivers and one of the best QBs of the NFL.

Overall I think it will be a matter of who plays the best between Roethlisberger and Sanchez.
ricksteelers55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:05 PM   #2
SteelerEmpire
Team President

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 1,479 Times in 675 Posts
Default Re: Message for those who thinks that Santonio will help Jets D to prepare against ou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksteelers55 View Post
Yeah Santonio knows our D and could help the Jets D this week,but dont forget one thing,Whisenhunt knew our D too in the Superbowl it didnt change the fact that we won the game even though he had one of the best set of receivers and one of the best QBs of the NFL.

Overall I think it will be a matter of who plays the best between Roethlisberger and Sanchez.
The Wiz didn't smoke as many "blunts" as Holmes either... Holmes can only tell them what that drug will allow him to remember...

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:08 PM   #3
mcg24
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17631
Default Re: Message for those who thinks that Santonio will help Jets D to prepare against ou

I think this idea is getting blown way the hell out of proportion. Santonio is not going to do anything for them off the field. If it were a head coach or a QB, I would be a little concerned, but a WR? Really? And one as intelligent (or not so intelligent I guess I should say) as Santonio? Give me a break, this guy doesn't even remember what week they played the Steelers in let alone our offensive plays from last year.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:09 PM   #4
Pac
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17773

This one is a bit overrated... Rex knows as much about your D if not more than Santonio does. Where Holmes may assist is pointing out some of the defensive players individual tendencies rather than providing insight into the scheme.
Pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:20 PM   #5
toughsticks87
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14874

I will forever love Santanio, but I don't think he can provide anything that film will already give away.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:34 PM   #6
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

This idea is old, teams always try to use a player from another team to get the edge. Giants played the Colts earlier this season, Giants had colts backup quarterback who knew the signs as well as Peyton and was working with the defense in the film room.... Colts scored like 4 touchdowns.. So obviously it doesn't help to have a player who played for the team you're facing
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:50 AM   #7
scsteeler
Team Captain

Member Number: 8491

And no matter how much holmes tells the team will never be able to soak it all in and practice a true game plan and also do you think Tomlin and Lebeau not realize that Santonio could give a few tips to the Team and have planned for this.
scsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote