Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Classifieds

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 01-18-2011, 05:23 PM   #1
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk
Default Ticket Price Question

Does anybody know what the cheapest seats are for the AFC Championship at face value? Of all the resale tickets, the cheapest I can find are $240. I remember last week tickets could be found around $150 but went down as the week went on and weren't being sold at much above face value.

I guess what Im asking is, is there any chance of finding cheaper tickets from more generous people who aren't trying to make a profit (I remember the day of last Saturday there were a lot on Ticket Exchange under $120) or are all these $250 tickets actually priced around what the original asking price was (are the Championship tickets really almost twice as much as Divisional round ones?)?
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:17 PM   #2
UMBC79
Water Boy

Member Number: 17769
Default Re: Ticket Price Question

The cheapest tickets are now $245.00 each on the Steelers site. However as I recall when the Steelers hosted the AFC Championship game against Baltimore a couple of seasons ago, the asking price actually went down as the game got closer. (That may have had to do with the weather forecast, that was a bitter cold night in Pittsburgh).
UMBC79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:39 PM   #3
PhantomJB93
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMBC79 View Post
The cheapest tickets are now $245.00 each on the Steelers site. However as I recall when the Steelers hosted the AFC Championship game against Baltimore a couple of seasons ago, the asking price actually went down as the game got closer. (That may have had to do with the weather forecast, that was a bitter cold night in Pittsburgh).
Alright ya that's actually what happened last week, tickets early on were starting at like $150-$170 and by late Friday night/Saturday morning they were going as cheap as $115.

I know it's the AFC freakin Championship but I'm really hoping these tix dip down a bit in price, $250 apiece is just too much for me right now, no matter how much I love my Steelers. If they somehow dip below $200 I might go for one but I guess Ill wait it out until around Saturday night and hope for the best.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:45 PM   #4
TailgateMel
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 8498

Lowest face i think was like $120-$140. Best bet is last minute, if it is gonna be crazy cold you might be able to find some wafflers and get something closer to $200.

100% Certified Grade-A SteelerChick
TailgateMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:52 PM   #5
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,329 Times in 2,900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
Does anybody know what the cheapest seats are for the AFC Championship at face value? Of all the resale tickets, the cheapest I can find are $240. I remember last week tickets could be found around $150 but went down as the week went on and weren't being sold at much above face value.

I guess what Im asking is, is there any chance of finding cheaper tickets from more generous people who aren't trying to make a profit (I remember the day of last Saturday there were a lot on Ticket Exchange under $120) or are all these $250 tickets actually priced around what the original asking price was (are the Championship tickets really almost twice as much as Divisional round ones?)?
You can live dangerously and hope scalpers want to unload around 6 p.m. on Sunday - I doubt you get face value online this week - even the Steelers have only had 10 home games (an insane number - by way of comparison in Atlanta that number is zero) to go to the Super Bowl

StubHub is offering $237 tonight

http://www.stubhub.com/pittsburgh-st...-2011-1020353/

It's the AFC championship - folks want to be there

Could be worse - you could be a Bears fan

Bears vs. Packers: The hottest ticket in Chicago sports history, brokers say

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,1653441.story
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:58 PM   #6
PhantomJB93
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
You can live dangerously and hope scalpers want to unload around 6 p.m. on Sunday - I doubt you get face value online this week - even the Steelers have only had 10 home games (an insane number - by way of comparison in Atlanta that number is zero) to go to the Super Bowl

StubHub is offering $237 tonight

http://www.stubhub.com/pittsburgh-st...-2011-1020353/

It's the AFC championship - folks want to be there

Could be worse - you could be a Bears fan

Bears vs. Packers: The hottest ticket in Chicago sports history, brokers say

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,1653441.story
oh boy that's rough lol

But ya I know there's no chance of getting face value but I was just holding out hope for something relatively CLOSE to face value, like instead of 200% the original price like what they're going for now. I know that may be unrealistic but you never know
Old 01-18-2011, 07:26 PM   #7
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

With the high ticket prices , the hotels have gone up. I was thinking about coming fro St.Thomas, Ontario, Canada for the game, and staying in a downtown hotel. Most are anywhere from250 -350 per night. I was just going to come and soak up the atmosphere at a bar near the stadium and if I was lucky grab a couple of tickets after kick off. Guess I will sit and watch at home. LOL>
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:33 PM   #8
Bibeen
Water Boy

Member Number: 17765

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailgateMel View Post
Lowest face i think was like $120-$140. Best bet is last minute, if it is gonna be crazy cold you might be able to find some wafflers and get something closer to $200.
I guess, at this price, isnt a good positon to watch the game, right? ^^
Bibeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:54 PM   #9
TailgateMel
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 8498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick5895 View Post
With the high ticket prices , the hotels have gone up. I was thinking about coming fro St.Thomas, Ontario, Canada for the game, and staying in a downtown hotel. Most are anywhere from250 -350 per night. I was just going to come and soak up the atmosphere at a bar near the stadium and if I was lucky grab a couple of tickets after kick off. Guess I will sit and watch at home. LOL>
Dont get a downtown hotel, get one a few miles out and get a cab, it would be cheaper.

100% Certified Grade-A SteelerChick
TailgateMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:03 AM   #10
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailgateMel View Post
Dont get a downtown hotel, get one a few miles out and get a cab, it would be cheaper.
When I come into to the Burgh for games I usually stay in Greentree, just figured to stay at the Hilton or whatever it's called now and walk in. Done the cab thing and shuttle from hotels in past. That is fine for regular season games but after a win Snday would be neet to stay down and party some after the game.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote