Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-26-2006, 08:04 PM   #1
Palmers Knee

Member Number:
Default Bengals Fan Point of View

On Palmer...
No one, especially Steelers fans know that Palmer's knee is "way worse" than expected. I think the fact that they didn't overspend to bring in Martin or Harrington shows they feel pretty confident about him being back on time, much like what they've been saying for months now.

On Kitna...
The stories about Chad getting into that fight with Hue Jackson were "fabricated" in Marvin's words. And after all of that took place, he backed Chad and said publicly that the leak will not be with the team next year. Just recently I heard that Kitna was that "leak", so no matter how good of a back-up he was, Marvin won't keep those guys around. And seeing how the Bengals just extended Chad's contract through 2011, I think it's safe to say that that story was indeed "fabricated", if not at the very least "imbellished".

On Steelers Fans...
I'm not on here to be a prick or stir the pot, I just like to hear other teams opinions, regardless of how "blow hardish" they can be at times. But anyone who thinks the Bengals success last year was a fluke, doesn't know football. It's fine to have your Steeler Pride and all, but don't embarass yourself by saying "the Bengals suck". That's just plain stupid. They have arguably the best offense in the NFL now that Edge is in Arizona, and the majority of their defense is young, the same defense that played all of last year without either of their starting safties. So if you want to bash the Bengals, go right ahead. But also realize they beat you at home and lead you at half in the playoffs, something no other team managed to do. Infact, you could argue that the Bengals game was the 2nd toughest playoff game you had, and that was without Palmer.

So here's to an exciting season and hopefully two great games betweeen Cincy & Pittsburgh. I hope for competition sake, Carson is healthy for both games. Do you really want to beat the Bengals without Palmer?
Old 04-26-2006, 09:01 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,125 Times in 2,632 Posts
Default Re: Bengals Fan Point of View

the steelers beat the bengals twice at home and have pretty much owned them for the past 15 years. bengals got a good offense. a broken thumbed ben proved he could keep up right off injury. ignoring the steelers offense is easy in light of their defense. bengals are good but not the best.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:17 PM   #3
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmers Knee
It's fine to have your Steeler Pride and all, but don't embarass yourself by saying "the Bengals suck".
How in the world could a Steeler fan embarrass themselves on Steeler fan forums by saying "the Bungholes suck"?

Say it loud and say it proud... THE BENGALS SUCK!!

Now about Palmer... Didn't we kill you guys at home in the first game last season while you had a healthy Palmer? We also lost one to you guys with a healthy Palmer. So... ehh who knows... The Bengals aren't the push overs they used to be, but they're still the Bengals. They'll find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:23 PM   #4
Palmers Knee

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
the steelers beat the bengals twice at home and have pretty much owned them for the past 15 years. bengals got a good offense. a broken thumbed ben proved he could keep up right off injury. ignoring the steelers offense is easy in light of their defense. bengals are good but not the best.
I never questioned the Steelers offense, and I don't. I didn't even say the Bengals were better. I just have to laugh when people say they "suck". What happened in the past is just that, the past. We didn't have Marvin 15 years ago. It's a good rivalry and should be that way for a long time with our young quarterbacks. I look forward to it.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:28 PM   #5
Palmers Knee

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PisnNapalm
How in the world could a Steeler fan embarrass themselves on Steeler fan forums by saying "the Bungholes suck"?

Say it loud and say it proud... THE BENGALS SUCK!!

Now about Palmer... Didn't we kill you guys at home in the first game last season while you had a healthy Palmer? We also lost one to you guys with a healthy Palmer. So... ehh who knows... The Bengals aren't the push overs they used to be, but they're still the Bengals. They'll find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
I don't care where you are, if you truely think the Bengals suck, you're embarassing yourself. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory is a thing of the past. Not on Marvin's watch. That week 17 game is going to be a monster, I can't wait. Good luck. Really, I'm not saying that sarcastically, I mean it. I think these are two of the top 3 or 4 teams in the AFC when healthy, so it should be a great rivaly for a long time.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:47 PM   #6
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Honestly, I'm pretty even handed and not jingoistic at all; I like Marvin's attitude, I like Palmer, and having a good team in Cincy just makes the season even better; no one likes setting aside Sunday afternoon for a blowout.

But it's pretty stupid to start a paragraph with "I don't want to stir the pot...." and then go on to chastise Steelers fans in their own forum for saying the Bengals suck. What do you expect? You're going to get all types here. It's the internet.

I'd love to exchange info about the Steelers and the Bengals, and what might go on behind the scenes and who might get drafted, or traded, etc; but ignore the trash talking. Filter it out. It's internet noise. Shouting at it is like shouting at the background radiation of the universe. Steelers fans are like Bengals fans. They come in all types and colors (except those goofy stripes). When we win, we gloat. Just like you guys do. When we lose, we get pissed. Just like you guys do. Ain't nothin' special goin' on down your part of the river, friend. We're the same. It's a mirror.

As far as who's better? Well, that's why they play the games instead of tracking arguments in internet fan forums.

And thanks for the first 2/3 of your post, it was a very insightful look into what's going on in Cincy.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:58 PM   #7
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Personally, I give credit where credit is due. I don't like Marvin Lewis, I don't like TJ or CJ, I think the majority of Bengal fans are completely pathetic and sorry excuses for football fans, but I don't think the Bengals suck, they are a good football team. At the same time I don't feel that they were better than us last season and I don't think they will be better than us this upcoming season. I'll start to give that team credit when they actually win a Super Bowl. Division titles don't count.

Of course, I'm not trying "to be a prick or stir the pot". Just my view and opinion.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 04-26-2006 at 10:03 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:05 PM   #8
Palmers Knee

Member Number:

I hear ya. I'd be a fool to sit here and say the Bengals are the better team. It's got to be the best in-conference matchup, as far as talent goes. Screw the NFC East and all the hype they get. I didn't see anyone from that division in the Super Bowl, and we can all agree the NFC as a whole is junk. Anyone from the AFC playoffs could have represented the NFC in the Super Bowl, it's like the JV. Seeing teams like Minnesota and St. Louis last year actually in the mix made me sick.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:16 PM   #9
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

I agree with that.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:06 AM   #10
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Just relax alittle... everybody knows the bengals are an up and coming team..

The bungals suck chat is just a way to shout out to the world that we hate the bengals... and since they hate us, its all good.

Carry on
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote