Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-27-2006, 12:38 AM   #11
SteelShooter
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2156
Lightbulb Re: Bengals Fan Point of View

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
Personally, I give credit where credit is due. I don't like Marvin Lewis, I don't like TJ or CJ, I think the majority of Bengal fans are completely pathetic and sorry excuses for football fans, but I don't think the Bengals suck, they are a good football team. At the same time I don't feel that they were better than us last season and I don't think they will be better than us this upcoming season. I'll start to give that team credit when they actually win a Super Bowl. Division titles don't count.

Of course, I'm not trying "to be a prick or stir the pot". Just my view and opinion.

And to add to the above quote:

Think about the first game last year, Carson was healthy and we won by how much? The second game, we had injuries and personnel coming off of injuries, you only won by 7. In the playoffs, granted, it was an interesting game the first 2.5 quarters. Aafterwards , we won by how much?
Bro, I can respect, very much, you wishing to post your diatribe. But, to come on here, in "our house" and to post what you posted and NOT think you would catch flak........Bro, you may have some issues that need to be addressed. Google up a decent, relatively inexpensive, counselor. After we sweep this season and retake the Division, it just may be a little too much in the state you are in.
SteelShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:14 AM   #12
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645
Default Re: Bengals Fan Point of View

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmers Knee
On Palmer...
No one, especially Steelers fans know that Palmer's knee is "way worse"

So here's to an exciting season and hopefully two great games betweeen Cincy & Pittsburgh. I hope for competition sake, Carson is healthy for both games. Do you really want to beat the Bengals without Palmer?
Look dude! You can't go to the Carson Palmer card with me because I've been a huge USC fan since 1983. Yes that includes Paul Hackett, Larry Smith, John Robinson II, and Ted Tollner - freaking Paul Hackett!!!!!!!! Are you f--king kidding me!!! Actually Tollner could of had success if the school wasn't floating in previous recruiting violations.

The mere fact that Pete Carroll is the white knight that nobody wanted or even care to know is beside the point - just worth bringing up - just like Willie's Super Bowl record run.

So Palmer was well known to me before everyone in Cincy realized that he is a happily married guy and won't be caught in any drug ring high on whatever this decade. Be happy.

But just sanitize how the game plans evolved in each of the games last year. The Steeler engine took control of that playoff game in the third quarter and it didn't matter who was playing QB that day.

We trashed the Colts and the Broncos on their turf. Are you really trying to sell the "You are lucky Carson Palmer was injured" to me? Now the Bengals have a real schedule to play this year. Want respect. Earn it.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 05:09 AM   #13
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

/me looks around and can't wait to begin packing for his road trip. Steelers Fan Blitz is this weekend. I'm gonna get to see the Lombardi trophy first hand!

I'm amped up. My Black and Gold blood is flowing. And a Bengal fan tells me to be embarrassed by saying the Bungholes suck?!?!

Screw that!

BENGALS SUCK!
BENGALS SUCK!
BENGALS SUCK!
BENGALS SUCK!
BENGALS SUCK!
BENGALS SUCK!
BENGALS SUCK!
BENGALS SUCK!
BENGALS SUCK!
BENGALS SUCK!

Now of course I'm not an idiot... I know they have a potent team, but... I can still say they suck.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:17 AM   #14
MAN-O-STEEL
Water Boy

Member Number: 2085

Palmer might be back physically but what about mentally? Sometimes the injury goes beyond the physical. If Carson comes back and stands in the pocket without getting "happy feet", more power to him. I'm not saying he will or he won't, but it is something to look at. Nobody can guarantee what he will do. Not me, not you, nobody. It will be interesting to see though.

The bengals are an up and coming team. the only problem I have with most bengal fans is that one winning season in 15 years and you fans think you are already there!
Old 04-27-2006, 06:53 AM   #15
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Hoosh-yer-mama?
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 07:04 AM   #16
pucho58
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1737

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
Personally, I give credit where credit is due. I don't like Marvin Lewis, I don't like TJ or CJ, I think the majority of Bengal fans are completely pathetic and sorry excuses for football fans, but I don't think the Bengals suck, they are a good football team. At the same time I don't feel that they were better than us last season and I don't think they will be better than us this upcoming season. I'll start to give that team credit when they actually win a Super Bowl. Division titles don't count.

Of course, I'm not trying "to be a prick or stir the pot". Just my view and opinion.
but untill then they suck
pucho58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:45 AM   #17
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmers Knee
On Palmer...
No one, especially Steelers fans know that Palmer's knee is "way worse" than expected.

On Steelers Fans...
But anyone who thinks the Bengals success last year was a fluke, doesn't know football. It's fine to have your Steeler Pride Do you really want to beat the Bengals without Palmer?
First off, I wouldnt say last season was a fluke, the bengals have been improving. Palmers knee speculation is all based on doctors statements that everybody has read. I hope Palmer is healthy, he seems like a stand up guy, and a damn good qb.
But don`t bitch about us, and what we say about the bengals here. Last year I went on the official bengals forum, and every other thread was " Ben is Gay" "Ben is Over rated" " Ben SUcks" At least our smack has merit behind it, we can back up most of it here. You wont see a Palmer is gay thread, Steelers fans bring up the real smack, The Smack with the Stats!
Old 04-27-2006, 08:47 AM   #18
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Hey, another Cincy guy that interprets Palmer being 25% recovered from an injury that requires a minimum of 40 weeks recovery as working out to a total recovery time of 30 weeks.

Math is hard for Bengals fans, I guess.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:16 AM   #19
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2268

I for one dont think the bunguls suck I think they blow!!! sorry to take a differnt point of veiw on this from the rest of my STEELER brothers and sisters. You all may now carry on with the We Dey speech to the bunguls fan.

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
ARKIESTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:55 AM   #20
steelerdude
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca
Honestly, I'm pretty even handed and not jingoistic at all; I like Marvin's attitude, I like Palmer, and having a good team in Cincy just makes the season even better; no one likes setting aside Sunday afternoon for a blowout.

But it's pretty stupid to start a paragraph with "I don't want to stir the pot...." and then go on to chastise Steelers fans in their own forum for saying the Bengals suck. What do you expect? You're going to get all types here. It's the internet.

I'd love to exchange info about the Steelers and the Bengals, and what might go on behind the scenes and who might get drafted, or traded, etc; but ignore the trash talking. Filter it out. It's internet noise. Shouting at it is like shouting at the background radiation of the universe. Steelers fans are like Bengals fans. They come in all types and colors (except those goofy stripes). When we win, we gloat. Just like you guys do. When we lose, we get pissed. Just like you guys do. Ain't nothin' special goin' on down your part of the river, friend. We're the same. It's a mirror.

As far as who's better? Well, that's why they play the games instead of tracking arguments in internet fan forums.

And thanks for the first 2/3 of your post, it was a very insightful look into what's going on in Cincy.

Tom

Well said Mosca.