Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 04-27-2006, 09:58 AM   #21
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302
Default Re: Bengals Fan Point of View

This isnt encouraging news, and this is from a Bengals site:

News: Carson Palmer continues to perform light throwing at jogging at the Bengals training complex.
Impact: So far, so good with his rehab. That said, Palmer underwent nearly the same surgery that Daunte Culpepper did, except two months later. Some Dolphins observers fear Culpepper will miss a big chunk of the season.

That isnt a STeelers fan talking!
Old 04-27-2006, 10:00 AM   #22
Palmers Knee

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku_Dirtt
We trashed the Colts and the Broncos on their turf. Are you really trying to sell the "You are lucky Carson Palmer was injured" to me? Now the Bengals have a real schedule to play this year. Want respect. Earn it.
I see you used quotes there, but I never said that. What I said was "do you really want to beat the Bengals if Carson isn't healthy?" Wouldn't you rather beat us with Carson at 100%, so that people won't have any excuses. I sure as hell wouldn't take much satisfaction out of beating the Steelers without Roethlisberger.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:02 AM   #23
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmers Knee
I see you used quotes there, but I never said that. What I said was "do you really want to beat the Bengals if Carson isn't healthy?" Wouldn't you rather beat us with Carson at 100%, so that people won't have any excuses. I sure as hell wouldn't take much satisfaction out of beating the Steelers without Roethlisberger.
I said I hope Palmer is 100% healthy, but, BUT its only a 16 game season and a win is a win. We missed Ben for almost 5 whole games, and he played gingerly two of the fist ones back from surgery, we won the Super Bowl, good teams overcome! Bottom line
Old 04-27-2006, 10:03 AM   #24
Palmers Knee

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
But don`t bitch about us, and what we say about the bengals here.
Testy, testy, testy. I didn't bitch. I said anyone who thinks the bengals suck is an embarassment to themselves. Spin that anyway you like it, but 99% of the population outside of the steel city would agree with me.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:06 AM   #25
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2268

Quote:

Not trying to be an ass but I for one hope we beat you with carson without carson or if you go get Johnny Carson. The team you have on the field the day of the game is your team. We lost with Tommy but he damn well was a STEELER when we lost the bunguls are not carson palmer they are a team and until you guys let that sink in we will own you!!

Get Some

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
ARKIESTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:09 AM   #26
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2268

Quote:
Testy, testy, testy. I didn't bitch. I said anyone who thinks the bengals suck is an embarassment to themselves. Spin that anyway you like it, but 99% of the population outside of the steel city would agree with me.

I dont live in the steel city and I think you all are a joke with a bunch of spoiled loud mouths and an o-line that my grandfather could sack your qb thru, oh and by the way I know the bunguls suck you sucked for the past 15 years what new with that

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
ARKIESTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:11 AM   #27
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
First the a thread about the bengals ought to be under the NFL Threads, second it seems to me that if you keep using phrases like Stupid, and Embarassement then you are trying to stir the pot. We all know how good cinci is, probably the fifth best in the AFC, and you can`t argue with STeelers fans, when someone here says the bengals suck, its only means they suck compared to the Steelers, not the entire NFL, so don`t go getting your panties in a bunch. We know your better than most NFL teams but compared to the reigning Super Bowl Champs, not there yet
Old 04-27-2006, 10:13 AM   #28
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,825 Times in 2,091 Posts

lost in the fact that carsons 1st and only competed pass, in his first and only playoff game
(you know, the 60 yd bomb where his knee was injured) wasnt even a touchdown. matt hasselbeck completed alot of nice passes the 1st half of the sb. peyton completed some nice passes the 1st game we played them last year.

steelers adjust and they recover. carson is not immune to this.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:14 AM   #29
Palmers Knee

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelShooter
Think about the first game last year, Carson was healthy and we won by how much? The second game, we had injuries and personnel coming off of injuries, you only won by 7. In the playoffs, granted, it was an interesting game the first 2.5 quarters. Aafterwards , we won by how much?
Bro, I can respect, very much, you wishing to post your diatribe. But, to come on here, in "our house" and to post what you posted and NOT think you would catch flak........Bro, you may have some issues that need to be addressed. Google up a decent, relatively inexpensive, counselor. After we sweep this season and retake the Division, it just may be a little too much in the state you are in.
When did I say I didn't think I'd catch flak? And what was so bad about what I said? So because I think people saying "the bengals suck" are idiots, I have issues that need to be addressed? That ads to my point, I guess you're one of "them". I know, it's fun to talk smack to the Bengals fan, but come on. "the bengals suck"? If you believe that, you are indeed an idiot. Now I'm sure you don't really think that, and I don't really care either way. It's your life, but it's going to sting when those sucky bengals take a W from you week 17 and clinch the division. Now that is some worthy smack, certainly better than "the steelers suck". Bring something worth reading, or don't bring it at all.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:25 AM   #30
Palmers Knee

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku_Dirtt
Look dude! You can't go to the Carson Palmer card with me because I've been a huge USC fan since 1983.
That's wonderful, congratulations! But how does that make you able to tell if his knee is healthy or not? And why should that factor into your wanting him to be healthy when you play against him. I think you just felt like saying "I was a USC fan". That's neat.