Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2006, 11:13 PM   #1
CantStop85
Living Legend
 
CantStop85's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 3,140
Gender: Male
Member Number: 486
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 7 Posts
Default SI's Best Non-First Round Picks by Round

2nd Round: Brian Dawkins
3rd Round: Terrell Owens
4th Round: Rudi Johnson
5th Round: Rodney Harrison
6th Round: Tom Brady
7th Round: Donald Driver
Undrafted: Antonio Gates

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.1.html
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 11:18 PM   #2
3 to be 4
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: a delightful Kansas City Suburb
Posts: 2,642
Gender: Male
Member Number: 992
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: SI's Best Non-First Round Picks by Round

pffft. id take Joe Montana over Owens i would think
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 11:23 PM   #3
Ohio Steeler
Head Coach
Supporter
 
Ohio Steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Westerville, Ohio now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
Posts: 1,821
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2142
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: SI's Best Non-First Round Picks by Round

Tom Brady is the name that sticks out for me
__________________
Ohio Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 11:35 PM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 40,725
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,440
Thanked 11,099 Times in 4,593 Posts
Default Re: SI's Best Non-First Round Picks by Round

sorry. other than joe montanna i'll just take the steelers draft class of '74.

4 rings and 4 hall of famers.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 11:36 PM   #5
SteelerDan43
Banned
Supporter
 
SteelerDan43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: From Pittsburgh, currently going to school in Rochester
Posts: 1,157
Gender: Male
Member Number: 811
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: SI's Best Non-First Round Picks by Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
2nd Round: Brian Dawkins
3rd Round: Terrell Owens
4th Round: Rudi Johnson
5th Round: Rodney Harrison
6th Round: Tom Brady
7th Round: Donald Driver
Undrafted: Antonio Gates

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.1.html

Im assuming they are meaning recently because there is no way they are going to say Rudi Johnson is a better player than Stallworth nor is Harrison a better pick than Webster
SteelerDan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 11:40 PM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 40,725
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,440
Thanked 11,099 Times in 4,593 Posts
Default Re: SI's Best Non-First Round Picks by Round

"The 1974 draft delivered wide receiver Lynn Swann (first round), linebacker Jack Lambert (second), wide receiver John Stallworth (fourth) and center Mike Webster (fifth). All became Hall of Famers and helped make the Steelers the "Team of the Seventies."
from todays USA TODAY
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 11:45 PM   #7
3 to be 4
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: a delightful Kansas City Suburb
Posts: 2,642
Gender: Male
Member Number: 992
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: SI's Best Non-First Round Picks by Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
"The 1974 draft delivered wide receiver Lynn Swann (first round), linebacker Jack Lambert (second), wide receiver John Stallworth (fourth) and center Mike Webster (fifth). All became Hall of Famers and helped make the Steelers the "Team of the Seventies."
from todays USA TODAY

yeah, but they totally ****ed it up in the third round!!
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 11:47 PM   #8
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 40,725
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,440
Thanked 11,099 Times in 4,593 Posts
Default Re: SI's Best Non-First Round Picks by Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
yeah, but they totally ****ed it up in the third round!!
lol. definitely the black eye of the franchise.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 11:53 PM   #9
3 to be 4
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: a delightful Kansas City Suburb
Posts: 2,642
Gender: Male
Member Number: 992
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: SI's Best Non-First Round Picks by Round

on the flip side, was their ever a draft worse than Bobby Griers total screw up in 1997 for the Patriots? i dont think one player selected panned out. Grier may have been the worst GM ever. the Patriots slide from SB team in 1996 to 5-11 in Belichicks first year in 2000 was a direct result of horrible drafting for 3 years. Kevin Faulk, Tebucky Jones,Robert Edwards, and Damien Woody were the only players who ever did ANYTHING out of the draft over 3 years. Greg Spires played well for Tampa later. Grier got 4 picks for Bill Parcells and drafted Sedrick Shaw, Tony Simmons, Andy Katzenmoyer,and Damon Denson. Pete Carroll did a fine job in NE but got done in by a lousy GM.
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 12:06 AM   #10
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 40,725
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,440
Thanked 11,099 Times in 4,593 Posts
Default Re: SI's Best Non-First Round Picks by Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
on the flip side, was their ever a draft worse than Bobby Griers total screw up in 1997 for the Patriots? i dont think one player selected panned out. Grier may have been the worst GM ever. the Patriots slide from SB team in 1996 to 5-11 in Belichicks first year in 2000 was a direct result of horrible drafting for 3 years. Kevin Faulk, Tebucky Jones,Robert Edwards, and Damien Woody were the only players who ever did ANYTHING out of the draft over 3 years. Greg Spires played well for Tampa later. Grier got 4 picks for Bill Parcells and drafted Sedrick Shaw, Tony Simmons, Andy Katzenmoyer,and Damon Denson. Pete Carroll did a fine job in NE but got done in by a lousy GM.
good point. just hearing the name andy katzenmoyer reminds me how bad they were those few years. (1-15 season notwithstanding)
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts