Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-20-2011, 08:51 AM   #1
Jetsfan115
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17757
Default Ike Taylor talking trash

The NFL has been reminding all players to be respectful in their comments toward each other. But Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor may not have received the memo.

Taylor said he’s still friends with ex-teammate Santonio Holmes, but that when Holmes is in a Jets uniform on Sunday, Taylor plans to put a hurting on him.

“I’m going to try to be as disrespectful as possible once we get between those white lines,” Taylor told the New York Post. “Friendship doesn’t enter into it then.”

Taylor also indicated that if he hurts Holmes in the process of being disrespectful, he won’t feel bad about it.

“I’m not going to hesitate to lay him out,” Taylor said. “No question at all. You know why? Because he ain’t going to hesitate to crack on me if he gets a chance.”

With those comments, Taylor ensured that the officials will be watching extra closely if he does get his chance to lay Holmes out.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...l-lay-him-out/
Old 01-20-2011, 08:58 AM   #2
sarahpalinhater
Banned

Member Number: 17609
Default Re: Ike Taylor talking trash

How exactly is that " Trash talk " Maybe going back to school would help you. He's saying exactly what ALL
DB's sat, including Revis who said the same thing. Tke also said that he likes Holmes, and respects him. But, once the game starts, there are no friends. And he is right.
sarahpalinhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:01 AM   #3
SeinfeldNut
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17822

I think the league should back off a little, so he is talking trash a little bit, big deal. These are professionals, they know how to handle themselves when it comes to this sort of stuff.

Class, Integrity, Character
SeinfeldNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:04 AM   #4
Jetsfan115
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17757

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahpalinhater View Post
How exactly is that " Trash talk " Maybe going back to school would help you. He's saying exactly what ALL
DB's sat, including Revis who said the same thing. Tke also said that he likes Holmes, and respects him. But, once the game starts, there are no friends. And he is right.

Taylor also indicated that if he hurts Holmes in the process of being disrespectful, he won’t feel bad about it.

“I’m not going to hesitate to lay him out,” Taylor said

saying that your gonna be disrespectful to another player and if you hurt him in the process sin't talking trash? don't get me wrong I like some trash talk and fire from my players so i'm not trashing taylor for it. Just saying he was talking trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeinfeldNut View Post
I think the league should back off a little, so he is talking trash a little bit, big deal. These are professionals, they know how to handle themselves when it comes to this sort of stuff.
I agree. but Goodell is a nazi on a power trip
Old 01-20-2011, 09:07 AM   #5
SeinfeldNut
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsfan115 View Post

“I’m not going to hesitate to lay him out,” Taylor said

saying that your gonna be disrespectful to another player and if you hurt him in the process sin't talking trash? don't get me wrong I like some trash talk and fire from my players so i'm not trashing taylor for it. Just saying he was talking trash

I agree. but Goodell is a nazi on a power trip
Yeah, he likes to wheel his power whenever on many different fronts when it comes to the NFL.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:08 AM   #6
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts

Nice try.

But if you read the WHOLE story, you'll see that these guys really are good friends and Taylor's just messin' with 'Tone's head just as any two friends would do.

I don't read anything into this other than that.

PITTSBURGH — Pain is in the forecast for Santonio Holmes on Sunday.

So says Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor, who told The Post yesterday that he won’t hesitate to “lay out” his close friend in the AFC title game against the Jets if the right situation presents itself.

Taylor and Holmes, the former Steeler, are offseason workout partners and as tight as brothers, but Taylor said that friendship will be put on hold for three hours this weekend at Heinz Field.

Taylor’s chilling message: If that means hurting Holmes, then so be it.

SOME FRIEND!
Ike Taylor, who works out with Santonio Holmes in the offseason, said he won’t hesitate to do bodily harm to the Jets WR.

“I love him and that’s my boy, but when we get between those white lines, it’s a whole different deal,” Taylor said in an interview with The Post after practice.

“I’m going to try to be as disrespectful as possible once we get between those white lines,” the veteran Pittsburgh starter said. “Friendship doesn’t enter into it then.”

What must put Holmes and the Jets on notice is that the Steelers’ hard-hitting defense is known to back up hints of bodily harm.

Taylor, who was fined $10,000 by the NFL during the preseason for striking Giants wideout Hakeem Nicks in the head, is just one of several Pittsburgh defenders familiar with the league’s disciplinary department in recent years.

Linebacker James Harrison, in fact, is such a noted headhunter that the NFL has fined him four separate times this season alone for a total of $100,000, putting him on the verge of a suspension.

Taylor’s comments also probably won’t go over well with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in the wake of his recent efforts to cut down on unnecessarily violent hits.

But Taylor, who is among the team leaders in tackles and defies the usual cornerback reputation by being physical against the run, defiantly said he plans to offer his buddy no quarter.

Friendship only goes so far, it seems, when a chance to go to the Super Bowl is on the line.

“I’m not going to hesitate to lay him out,” Taylor said. “No question at all. You know why? Because he ain’t going to hesitate to crack on me if he gets a chance.”

Taylor, who became tight with Holmes during the wideout’s four seasons in Pittsburgh, will have to be careful carrying out that vow because hits on “defenseless receivers” are the league’s biggest point of emphasis this year.

The prospect of hearing from Goodell seemed to dawn on Taylor the longer he spoke. That might be what eventually prompted Taylor to say he might “come to a mutual agreement” with Holmes to hold up ever so slightly should either player get the chance at a kill shot.

“That’s a possibility,” Taylor said, smiling.

But on the whole, Taylor doesn’t sound like someone planning to let up on the player whose locker was practically next to his own for so many years.

Taylor also works out with Holmes in the offseason at Disney’s Wide World of Sports in Orlando, but the outspoken Steeler said he and Holmes don’t talk football during the season.

“I talked to ‘Tone’ [on Tuesday], but it was what we always talk about — ‘What you doing?’ Playing PlayStation, what you doing? ‘Playing PlayStation.’ No [on-field] matchups or anything like that. We just rap.”

It will stay that way until Sunday, when Holmes will morph into the green-and-white enemy for Taylor.

“It all changes between those white lines,” Taylor said.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...orts+Report%29
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:12 AM   #7
SeinfeldNut
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
Nice try.

But if you read the WHOLE story, you'll see that these guys really are good friends and Taylor's just messin' with 'Tone's head just as any two friends would do.

I don't read anything into this other than that.

PITTSBURGH — Pain is in the forecast for Santonio Holmes on Sunday.

So says Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor, who told The Post yesterday that he won’t hesitate to “lay out” his close friend in the AFC title game against the Jets if the right situation presents itself.

Taylor and Holmes, the former Steeler, are offseason workout partners and as tight as brothers, but Taylor said that friendship will be put on hold for three hours this weekend at Heinz Field.

Taylor’s chilling message: If that means hurting Holmes, then so be it.

SOME FRIEND!
Ike Taylor, who works out with Santonio Holmes in the offseason, said he won’t hesitate to do bodily harm to the Jets WR.

“I love him and that’s my boy, but when we get between those white lines, it’s a whole different deal,” Taylor said in an interview with The Post after practice.

“I’m going to try to be as disrespectful as possible once we get between those white lines,” the veteran Pittsburgh starter said. “Friendship doesn’t enter into it then.”

What must put Holmes and the Jets on notice is that the Steelers’ hard-hitting defense is known to back up hints of bodily harm.

Taylor, who was fined $10,000 by the NFL during the preseason for striking Giants wideout Hakeem Nicks in the head, is just one of several Pittsburgh defenders familiar with the league’s disciplinary department in recent years.

Linebacker James Harrison, in fact, is such a noted headhunter that the NFL has fined him four separate times this season alone for a total of $100,000, putting him on the verge of a suspension.

Taylor’s comments also probably won’t go over well with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in the wake of his recent efforts to cut down on unnecessarily violent hits.

But Taylor, who is among the team leaders in tackles and defies the usual cornerback reputation by being physical against the run, defiantly said he plans to offer his buddy no quarter.

Friendship only goes so far, it seems, when a chance to go to the Super Bowl is on the line.

Taylor, who became tight with Holmes during the wideout’s four seasons in Pittsburgh, will have to be careful carrying out that vow because hits on “defenseless receivers” are the league’s biggest point of emphasis this year.

The prospect of hearing from Goodell seemed to dawn on Taylor the longer he spoke. That might be what eventually prompted Taylor to say he might “come to a mutual agreement” with Holmes to hold up ever so slightly should either player get the chance at a kill shot.

“That’s a possibility,” Taylor said, smiling.

But on the whole, Taylor doesn’t sound like someone planning to let up on the player whose locker was practically next to his own for so many years.

Taylor also works out with Holmes in the offseason at Disney’s Wide World of Sports in Orlando, but the outspoken Steeler said he and Holmes don’t talk football during the season.

“I talked to ‘Tone’ [on Tuesday], but it was what we always talk about — ‘What you doing?’ Playing PlayStation, what you doing? ‘Playing PlayStation.’ No [on-field] matchups or anything like that. We just rap.”

It will stay that way until Sunday, when Holmes will morph into the green-and-white enemy for Taylor.

“It all changes between those white lines,” Taylor said.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...orts+Report%29
Yeah, just some banter between two friends, and it will come down to as always, what happens in the actual game.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:18 AM   #8
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860

Stupid post!Im sure Holmes got a good laugh out of these comments,especially if he was blazed at the time he heard it!!!
Old 01-20-2011, 09:20 AM   #9
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659

Yeah that's some trash talking all right. Below is a list of guys Ike Taylor has "layed out" with his rough play over the course of his career:
More than anything, Ike is sending a message that it is business first. Somehow I think Holmes understands this. Hell, sometimes you play harder when your competition is a brother.
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:27 AM   #10
SeinfeldNut
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklandrules View Post
Yeah that's some trash talking all right. Below is a list of guys Ike Taylor has "layed out" with his rough play over the course of his career:
More than anything, Ike is sending a message that it is business first. Somehow I think Holmes understands this. Hell, sometimes you play harder when your competition is a brother.
Exactly both that they will not let their friendship get in the way of their ultimate goal of winning the game on Sunday. Once again the media taking some comments and blowing them out of proportion.