Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-20-2011, 02:22 PM   #21
isunormalil
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16153
Default Re: I just called sirius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsfan115 View Post
he's a 2nd year QB who only started 16 games in college. and he's improved in every category from his rookie year. ok and he's made the championship game in his 1st 2 seasons.

He doesn't have gaudy numbers but he's been as clutch as they come

Dude, get over youself. You have Revis, and yes he is a stud. Sanchez is average at best. You can sit here and tell us the Jets are ALL PRO at every position...but we know that's not the case.
isunormalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:25 PM   #22
Foreign Alphabet
Water Boy

Member Number: 17778

Sanchez in general is an average qb, but he is clutch. He makes the big plays when he needs to and performs under pressure, and thats why he is more special than all the other average qbs.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:26 PM   #23
isunormalil
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkFlea View Post
Ben was our #3 QB going into his rookie season (behind Maddox and Batch). It wasn't until week 2 when Maddox got hurt against the Ravens did he get put in. Ben wasn't even planned to play at all that season. Sanchez was named the Jets starter from the beginning of his rookie season.

Which one got the better reps in the off season???

Ben was drafted in 2004 - Holmes in 2006.

Cutler has been there twice with the Broncos and now the Bears. He is far from being a top QB.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:51 PM   #24
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119

Quote:
i don't think any jet fan considered him a top 10 QB at this point. i think by year 3-4 he'll be top 10. right now i'd say top 15 though.
Nah

1.Brady

Tied for 2nd -each unique skills
A. Manning
B. Ben
C. Brees
D. Rogers

6. Vick
7. Rivers
8. Romo
9. Eli Manning
10. Matty Ice
11. Josh Freeman -watch him shoot up next year
12. Sam Bradford -he'll be shooting up with some talent

13-15 take your pick
A. Joe Flacco
B. Matt Cassell
C. Matt Schaub

16-19 take your pick
A. Kyle Orton
B. David Garrard
C.Vince Young
D. Donavan McNaab

I'm not going to rank 20 and higher.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:52 PM   #25
Jetsfan115
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17757

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWSTEELERFAN View Post
The difference is Sanchez is over rated... Ben threw the ball down the field and completed a much higher pct (and was more efficient).

2005 Pittsburgh Steelers pct 62.7 yards 2,385 ypp 8.9 td/int 17/ 9 98 rating
2004 Pittsburgh Steelers pct 66.4 yatds 2,621 ypp 8.9 td/int 17/ 11 98 rating

2010 New York Jets pct 54.8 yards 3,291 ypp 6.5 td/int 17/ 13 rating 75
2009 New York Jets pct 53.8 yards 2,444 ypp 6.7 td/int 12/ 20 rating 63
the numbers don't rpove you ruight at all. in bens 2nd season he completed a high% and played an extra game then sanchez, yet still threw for almost 1000 yards less.

and once again i'm not saying he's better then ben (cause clearly he isn't) but i'm saying people don't wacth games and just look at numbers and don't know the whole story. here's one for you. how many game winning drives in the 4thq or OT did ben have his 2nd season? maybe 1 or 2? Sanchez has 7 including one in the playoffs against indy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
HE didn't make it to the championship, the rest of his team did.

It's the kordell stewart effect. Strong defense, strong running game, shitty qb. you can still get far, until you get to an AFC Championship game, then you're ****ed.

Hell, is it unfair to compare sanchez to kordell stewart? I think so. Kordell's stats are actually better, I shouldn't disrespect him like that
same could be said for bens 1st SB win. the Defense and run game won it for him.

this is bens stat line form the SB
21 02/05 SEA W 21-10 1 1 9 21 42.9 123 5.9 0 2 1 8 22.6 7 25 3.6 1 -- --

that has to be the worst ever QB rating for a SB winning QB. completed 9 of 21? 43% completions? 123 yards? 0TDs to 2 INTs? and they still won 21-10 on defense and a run game. sanchez has never played that poorly in a playoff game (and he's been in 5 of them)
Old 01-20-2011, 02:56 PM   #26
isunormalil
Draft Prospect

Quote:
the numbers don't rpove you ruight at all. in bens 2nd season he completed a high% and played an extra game then sanchez, yet still threw for almost 1000 yards less.

and once again i'm not saying he's better then ben (cause clearly he isn't) but i'm saying people don't wacth games and just look at numbers and don't know the whole story. here's one for you. how many game winning drives in the 4thq or OT did ben have his 2nd season? maybe 1 or 2? Sanchez has 7 including one in the playoffs against indy

same could be said for bens 1st SB win. the Defense and run game won it for him.

this is bens stat line form the SB
21 02/05 SEA W 21-10 1 1 9 21 42.9 123 5.9 0 2 1 8 22.6 7 25 3.6 1 -- --

that has to be the worst ever QB rating for a SB winning QB. completed 9 of 21? 43% completions? 123 yards? 0TDs to 2 INTs? and they still won 21-10 on defense and a run game. sanchez has never played that poorly in a playoff game (and he's been in 5 of them)

Ben played four less games this year...and those were games that Batch performed well. Ben had 3200 yards, 17 TDs, and 5 INts. Much better numbers than Mark Joe Montana Sanchez.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:57 PM   #27
Jetsfan115
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob420 View Post
Ben's first 2 years

Plaxico

2004 Pitt
2005 NYG

Holmes

2006 Pitt

Sanchez was competing for reps this off season?
not this offseason but his rookie one yes he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
You're kidding with this list right? Rodgers and Rivers haven't won shit in this league.
wins aren't the measure of 1 player in a team sport. marino never won a SB but is a top 3 QB all time, trent dilfer and brad johnson won SBs and they were mediocre QBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
sanchez made it to the afc championship 2 straight years so i dont buy into he is overrated. if you want to say he didnt get his team there then you can say the same about ben in alot of games
thanks. and once again i said sanchez at this point is a decent QB with great potential. but he's also proven to be very clucth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkFlea View Post
Ben was our #3 QB going into his rookie season (behind Maddox and Batch). It wasn't until week 2 when Maddox got hurt against the Ravens did he get put in. Ben wasn't even planned to play at all that season. Sanchez was named the Jets starter from the beginning of his rookie season.

Which one got the better reps in the off season???

Ben was drafted in 2004 - Holmes in 2006.
my mistake. he had plaxico and ward. and plax was so good he made eli look like a good QB. then he shot himself and eli has been average since

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
Ben only played 3 years as starter in college and one in high school. Then he got drafted.

And what offseason are you talking about with Ben? His first one? He wasn't drafted to be the starter here, so he wasn't taking snaps as the starter. That was Maddox. Ben was actually drafted to be the #3 QB, but Batch went down in preseason and Maddox was injured during week 2. So during training camp, he was taking #3 QB snaps.

Holmes wasn't drafted until '06. And he wasn't exactly a phenom right off the bat. He had Ward, Burress, Randle El, Morey and Mays. Until this year, Ward was the only one that was still around.
my mistake. i forgot about tommy madox.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:00 PM   #28
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119

Sanchez is ranked 29/31 in completion percentage. For QB rating he is 27/31. Being young is no excuse. Josh Freeman (same class) is ranked sixth. Even rookie Bradford beat him. When you get beat by Jason Campbell, Alex Smith and Ryan FitzpatricK, you should lay low.

Overall this cat has 29TDs and 33 Ints.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:02 PM   #29
Jetsfan115
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by isunormalil View Post
Dude, get over youself. You have Revis, and yes he is a stud. Sanchez is average at best. You can sit here and tell us the Jets are ALL PRO at every position...but we know that's not the case.
when did i say that? i've never said were all pro at every position. i love how people make stuff up and then pretend like you said it. how about actually quoting something i say then making a response to said quote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreign Alphabet View Post
Sanchez in general is an average qb, but he is clutch. He makes the big plays when he needs to and performs under pressure, and thats why he is more special than all the other average qbs.
exactly what i said and how most jet fans feel about him

Quote:
Originally Posted by isunormalil View Post
Cutler has been there twice with the Broncos and now the Bears. He is far from being a top QB.
been where? this is cutlers 1st year in the playoffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKnight View Post
Nah

1.Brady

Tied for 2nd -each unique skills
A. Manning
B. Ben
C. Brees
D. Rogers

6. Vick
7. Rivers
8. Romo
9. Eli Manning
10. Matty Ice
11. Josh Freeman -watch him shoot up next year
12. Sam Bradford -he'll be shooting up with some talent

13-15 take your pick
A. Joe Flacco
B. Matt Cassell
C. Matt Schaub

16-19 take your pick
A. Kyle Orton
B. David Garrard
C.Vince Young
D. Donavan McNaab

I'm not going to rank 20 and higher.
that list is horrible. your a huge homer. ben is not even close to peyton mannings level.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:03 PM   #30
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
. how many game winning drives in the 4thq or OT did ben have his 2nd season? maybe 1 or 2? Sanchez has 7 including one in the playoffs against indy

Okay junior since you won't check your facts before running your mouth I thought I share something with you.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...layer=RoetBe00

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote