Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 01-20-2011, 07:53 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Peter Kings WEEKEND PICKOFF

NFL Championship Sunday
http://si.printthis.clickability.com...s%2Findex.html
Greenbay 17, Chicago 16
Sunday, Jan. 23

3 p.m. ET (FOX) NFC CHAMPIONSHIP: No. 6 Green Bay Packers at No. 2 Chicago Bears

You were expecting an air show? Doubt it. In September at Soldier Field, Chicago beat Green Bay 20-17. Three weeks ago at Lambeau, Green Bay won, 10-3. Two games, four offensive touchdowns. (Devin Hester scored on a punt return in the first game.)

The biggest factor here could well be pressure on the quarterback. Can Green Bay tackles Chad Clifton and rookie Bryan Bulaga be stout enough (and quick enough to shut down the edge) against Chicago ends Julius Peppers and Israel Idonije to give Aaron Rodgers time to make plays? Can the eternally shaky Bear front hold out Clay Matthews outside and B.J. Raji and Desmond Bishop inside so Jay Cutler can prosper? Chicago offensive line coach Mike Tice knows he has to tighten things up this week after his group allowed six Pack sacks on Jan. 2, and I expect offensive coordinator Mike Martz to call many more quick timing routes for Jay Cutler. That will put pressure on the Packers linebackers to clog the short and intermediate lanes, which I think they're well-equipped to do.

I think the Bears will try to run more than the 18 and 20 carries they had in the previous two meetings with Green Bay, in part because they know they can be efficient at it, and in part because the weather might require it. But that's where James Starks comes in. He has to give Green Bay the breathing room it needs to not be over-reliant on Aaron Rodgers. Remember, the Bears know how to play Rodgers. They held him to two touchdown throws in eight quarters, and I don't expect it to be much different Sunday afternoon. Starks has as much a chance to be the Green Bay hero in this one as Rodgers, and if it's Rodgers, I think it'll be by throwing to the tight ends and short possession stuff to Donald Driver. I say it comes down to a two-minute-warning game in a championship game for the ages.

6:30 p.m. ET (CBS) AFC CHAMPIONSHIP: No. 6 New York Jets at No. 2 Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers 23, Jets 17

Odd game when the Jets won 22-17 in December. Pittsburgh was missing Troy Polamalu and Heath Miller (though if Polamalu is as invisible in this game as he was last week against the Ravens, his presence won't matter); the biggest play of the day was a safety by Jason Taylor that made the Steelers have to score a touchdown rather than a field goal when they stalled as time ran out at the New York 10-yard line. The Jets had the best rushing day against Pittsburgh of any team in football this season -- 27 carries, 106 yards -- which tells how incredibly well the Steelers played the run all year. Imagine the best game any team had running the ball against Pittsburgh ... and the Jets averaged 3.9 yards per carry doing it. You can be sure Dick LeBeau has harped on not letting the Jets be able to run it to extend offensive drives in this game. The Steelers would be happy to put this game solely on Mark Sanchez's shoulders, and that's what they'll try to do.

I'll tell you who the rematch sets up perfectly for: Ben Roethlisberger. Though he's never said it, I've always thought Roethlisberger has felt dissed by those who: a.) didn't vote him MVP of the Super Bowl two years ago; and b.) don't include him in the Brady-Manning-Brees discussion of the best quarterbacks currently playing, despite his two Super Bowl wins at such a young age. I think this game comes down to Ben Roethlisberger making enough plays to his young triumverate of speed receivers -- Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders. It says here Sanders is who everyone will be talking about come late Sunday night. The Jets will take away one or two of the wideouts (throwing Hines Ward into the mix) but not all of them, and I think Sanders, more and more becoming one of Big Ben's faves, will break away late to be the difference.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1Bd9UPShF
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:21 PM   #2
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516
Default Re: Peter Kings WEEKEND PICKOFF

Nice call Pete!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:57 PM   #3
Merchant
Team Captain

Member Number: 15019

Didn't King predict a Packers/Steelers Super Bowl before the season started? This guy could end up looking like a genius.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:16 PM   #4
chitownpit
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16129

Yea, just finshed watching AFC playbook and breaking down how we
use 5 wideouts to negate the great corners they have, i just think with
Heath and Hines and Sanders taking the middle of the field is too much
for any defense in this leauge to deal with right now. Ben is locked in and
playing at a tremendous level right now . Would like to see a lot more
of the 'muddle huddle' Ben has done a terrific job calling his own plays
this year. This also puts tons of pressure on them to call there own defensive
plays on the field. Also we have looked great running out of the 5 wide set with
him calling the plays. Sanders should have another great playoff game.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:54 PM   #5
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119

Yeah...let's just use 4 WR and see how good Wilson and the 4th CB is or Wilson and one of the safeties.

I too have liked the bond Ben is developing with Sanders.

I'm still annoyed with Peter for running his mouth:
1. On Tomlin's challenge -which was the right thing to do
2. Dissing Mendy
Old 01-21-2011, 12:09 AM   #6
MikeHaullace
Starter

Member Number: 16733
Cool Re: Peter Kings WEEKEND PICKOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownpit View Post
Yea, just finshed watching AFC playbook and breaking down how we
use 5 wideouts to negate the great corners they have, i just think with
Heath and Hines and Sanders taking the middle of the field is too much
for any defense in this leauge to deal with right now. Ben is locked in and
playing at a tremendous level right now . Would like to see a lot more
of the 'muddle huddle' Ben has done a terrific job calling his own plays
this year. This also puts tons of pressure on them to call there own defensive
plays on the field. Also we have looked great running out of the 5 wide set with
him calling the plays. Sanders should have another great playoff game.
This is exactly what I am hoping for come Sunday.

Start this game off like they did against Indy in '06. I just can't, no matter how hard I try, convince myself that the Jets' interior defense can cover any combination of 3 inside. I think every single pass play, you should have either Wallace, Brown, or Sanders going deep. And rotate that, in a static order.

Stupid Madden. I feel like wutchymuhcallit.
MikeHaullace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:15 AM   #7
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
My Mood: Cool

Miller is going to murder them over the middle. They can't handle stacked receivers and Revis the Bevis has trouble in zone. They were showing in playbook tonight how exposed Revis was when forced to play zone.

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:02 AM   #8
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Am I the only one who thinks Rashard is going to have a great game?
Old 01-21-2011, 09:03 AM   #9
caseyviator
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17468

i love this stuff bottom line we have to many reciever for their dbs and lbs....we match up better so we should win'

37-23 a technical blowout is what i call this....i like this term a techNICAL blOWOUT!!!

BEN PLAYS GREAT
HUGE RUNNIN DAY FROM MENDY AND MOORE N redmAN
150 YDS RUNNIN BETWEEN THEM

375 YD RECIEVING BETWEEN THE RECIEVERS

BIG D 2 INTS 1 FUMBLE RECOVERY
5 SACKS TODAY

1 DEFENSIVE TD FOR TROY

JETS CAN RUN CANT PASS JUST RUN N HIDE FROM ALL THE BULLETS FLYIN
THEY DO GET A SPECIAL TEAMS TD AND ONE TD FROM A TURNOVER WE GIVE THEM IN OUR END OF THE FIELD

I BROKE THIS GAME DOWN LAST WEEK AGAINST THE RAVENS AND I SAID STEELERS WOULD WIN
30-13 CLOSE SO HOPE IM AS CLOSE THIS WEEK

GO GO suPER STeelers
37-23
ive never since watchin the steelers since 76 when i was 10 have ever had such a good feelin about winnin a game this week.. funnY TO,, LAST WEek i felt almosT AS POSITIVE WE WERE GONNA WIN AS i do this week.
caseyviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:33 AM   #10
grward
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7527

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyviator View Post
i love this stuff bottom line we have to many reciever for their dbs and lbs....we match up better so we should win'

37-23 a technical blowout is what i call this....i like this term a techNICAL blOWOUT!!!

BEN PLAYS GREAT
HUGE RUNNIN DAY FROM MENDY AND MOORE N redmAN
150 YDS RUNNIN BETWEEN THEM

375 YD RECIEVING BETWEEN THE RECIEVERS

BIG D 2 INTS 1 FUMBLE RECOVERY
5 SACKS TODAY

1 DEFENSIVE TD FOR TROY

JETS CAN RUN CANT PASS JUST RUN N HIDE FROM ALL THE BULLETS FLYIN
THEY DO GET A SPECIAL TEAMS TD AND ONE TD FROM A TURNOVER WE GIVE THEM IN OUR END OF THE FIELD

I BROKE THIS GAME DOWN LAST WEEK AGAINST THE RAVENS AND I SAID STEELERS WOULD WIN
30-13 CLOSE SO HOPE IM AS CLOSE THIS WEEK

GO GO suPER STeelers
37-23
ive never since watchin the steelers since 76 when i was 10 have ever had such a good feelin about winnin a game this week.. funnY TO,, LAST WEek i felt almosT AS POSITIVE WE WERE GONNA WIN AS i do this week.
I love your excitement and positive attitude. When I read stuff like this I get more psyched than I already am!!

But what's up with your shift key? Is it broken? LOL! It seems to come and go quite a bit!
grward is offline   Reply With Quote