Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 01-21-2011, 02:38 PM   #21
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 2,383 Times in 1,050 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Free Agency -Steelers

Quote:
and you think the Ravens wouldnt match it ? Ngata will sign his new contract in the range of 6 years 80 mil with at least 30 mil guaranteed.
i can pay half of that
fer522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:43 PM   #22
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119

Quote:
Originally Posted by fer522 View Post
there gonna become free agents
should we sign them and add 1 or 2 more bodies
or should we let them go so we can bring in maybe 4 or 5 guys
and try to re do almost the whole line
I want Essex back for sure. I like his versatility and ability to play RG, RT and LT.

J. Scott and W. Colon, I'm not so sure. If it means our run game suffers with Colon, I'd say pass and try to develop someone who can take over for Adams in 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcg24 View Post
I think we are probably going to draft a tackle in the first round, so that should seal up another O line spot for a long time to come. Maybe sign another lineman and sign a kicker as well. I'd like to see us draft a corner in the second round so we don't have to go to free agency on that one.
I'm not so sure about that. With the 30-32nd pick, all the good tackles may be gone. We may be able to get a quality guard but tackle, ...I'm not so sure. When people get desperate and they start elevating tackles, it can get messy. Look at Vlad Ducasse. He sucks...yet he was rated high. The best ones always go in the top 20. After that there is a drop off.

I'm glad we didn't take Bulaga. He struggled somewhat.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:55 PM   #23
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Sign Mankins OG from the Patriots.
I like it. Place Mankins at LG then draft Mike Pouncey to play RG. That would be a strong middle.

It would weaken the Pats at the same time. Great call.
Can you believe Kemo made more than Mankins?
Old 01-21-2011, 05:00 PM   #24
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKnight View Post
I like it. Place Mankins at LG then draft Mike Pouncey to play RG. That would be a strong middle.

It would weaken the Pats at the same time. Great call.
Can you believe Kemo made more than Mankins?
The Steelers should have offered a #2 pick for him when he was holding out. I mentioned that in an earlier post.

We have to many holes to fill via the draft. I know that sounds silly being we are in the AFCC. I think this is about as far as we can ride some of these guys as far as age goes.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:52 PM   #25
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
The Steelers should have offered a #2 pick for him when he was holding out. I mentioned that in an earlier post.

We have to many holes to fill via the draft. I know that sounds silly being we are in the AFCC. I think this is about as far as we can ride some of these guys as far as age goes.
This is why I want to fill the holes on the O line and secondary quickly while we have all these guys. I want to make a run this year and for 2 more years whie we still have all the guys and Ike, Keisel, Harrison, etc. are still young enough to make the run.

Some people are talking about developing guys 3-4 years away. Sure. We should always have guys on the back burner, but this team is primed right now to make 3 runs if we can fill some gaps. This is why i wanted nmandi. He's expensive...yes...but we could possibly add 2 more SBs with him to get to 9 (if we can win this year). I'll even take old Champ Bailey if he can give us 2 years of solid play.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:55 AM   #26
SteelKnight
Team President

Still a break from Jets talk.

I really would like if we did get Mankins. Can you imagine. I would feel bad for Kemo but who cares.

Starks-Mankins-Pouncey-Pouncey-Adams

Solid line.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:57 AM   #27
SteelKnight
Team President

Maybe J Joseph is not a possibility.

Bengals LCB Johnathan Joseph, an impending free agent, made it clear that he have would no problem being slapped with the franchise tag in 2011.

"I'd sign it the first day," he said. "Hopefully we can get a deal done before then." The Bengals are expected to experience a lot of roster turnover in 2011 with so many free agents to address. Joseph, the most valuable of the lot, is the rare player who wants to stay with the inept franchise on the heels of another disastrous season.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:58 AM   #28
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Thanked 2,881 Times in 1,124 Posts

Well I don't know if we'll be able to draft Pouncey. If go to the Super Bowl, and hopefully win, we'll be 32nd pick and by that time I believe he'll be gone. But then again, teams my pass him up because of his comments of Steelers winning the Super Bowl. Or maybe he'll play "bad" in the senior bowl.
SH-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:34 AM   #29
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH-Rock View Post
Well I don't know if we'll be able to draft Pouncey. If go to the Super Bowl, and hopefully win, we'll be 32nd pick and by that time I believe he'll be gone. But then again, teams my pass him up because of his comments of Steelers winning the Super Bowl. Or maybe he'll play "bad" in the senior bowl.
Yeah...I think he may be gone too. Some are saying second round because he struggled at center but I don't think so. I think his brothers name (success) and same genes will boost him up. He can play guard. I just hope Baltimore doesn't pick him to piss us off.

It will be interesting to see where Mayock ranks him tomorrow (today). He will release his top 5 at each position.

I'd like him because I think his brother can bring him up to speed quickly and they would inspire each other.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:23 AM   #30
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Mankins and Ngata will both be signed to huge contracts by there teams. there is no way either will hit the market. it would be nice to land Joseph but i dont see Cinni letting him go either. we really need a corner and another guard so we can make a run at the super bowl in 2012