Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 01-22-2011, 03:27 PM   #21
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315
Default Re: Jets fans stomp and dis-respect Terrible Towel: IN PITTSBURGH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
Mark Brunell already took care of that lol.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/191220...010211213.html
I missed that one.....OH its game on now!!!!!!!!

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:25 PM   #22
TurkJetFan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17812

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeinfeldNut View Post
I remember vividly when we LenDale White and some of the other Titans did that when the Steelers played them in Tennessee a few years back, and boy did the bad karma of doing that come back to bite that team in the rear end, they go 13-3 and bow out in the first round, losing to the Ravens at home. That Jets fan just unleashed some bad karma that will come around to hurt the Jets.
keep dreaming
TurkJetFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:33 PM   #23
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860
My Mood: Blah

Is there a way we can get this info to the players,twitter?Guess it doesnt matter,the curse come spiritually now.Im sure they will announce Copes B-day in the stadium before the game...CANT WAIT!!!
Old 01-22-2011, 07:00 PM   #24
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,023 Times in 3,356 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
Say no more. With Myron Cope's birthday coming up on Sunday, and since they are aware of the curse of the Terrible Towel, I now feel even BETTER about our chances this Sunday. Never, EVER dig your own grave. The ghosts of the Terrible Towel and soul of Myron Cope may taunt these morons forever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=vDa1f8iaQcQ

GAME
ON
those fans are ****ed. not only will their teams lose but they will fail to achieve an erection for the rest of their life, which is probably worse
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:01 PM   #25
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,137 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
keep dreaming
I know it sounds like a silly superstition (and it most likely is), but with the history it has...why the hell would any teams opposing player tempt fate like that?

Quote:
Before a 1994 playoff game against the Steelers' long-time rival Cleveland Browns, Steelers defensive tackle Brentson Buckner accidentally dropped a Towel that he was waving during the player introductions. Browns running back Earnest Byner stepped on the Towel yelling, "We don't care about your towel. We're going to beat you this time." This act "provok[ed] other Steelers and Browns to mingle. Not affectionately."[40] The Steelers won the game 29–9.[40] (Pittsburgh throttled the Browns in the playoffs this year as well..they moved the next year to Baltimore and have made the playoffs once since then...losing to the Steelers.)

During a December 4, 2005 game at Heinz Field, T. J. Houshmandzadeh of the Cincinnati Bengals wiped his feet on a Towel after he scored a touchdown.[41] Although the Bengals managed a 7-point victory in that regular season game, the Steelers came back to defeat them 31–17 in the playoffs, on their way to a victory in Super Bowl XL.[42]

Before the September 29, 2008 Steelers game at Heinz Field, Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Derrick Mason stomped on a Terrible Towel. The Ravens then went on to lose all three of their 2008 season games against the Steelers, including the 2008 AFC Championship Game.[43]

On October 8, 2008, the Steelers played the Jacksonville Jaguars at Jacksonville Municipal Stadium. At that point of their season, the Jaguars were 2-2-0, and feeling very hopeful for the season following a defeat at home of their division rival Colts. The game was very close going into the second half, and the Steelers were still stinging from a Mathis interception and runback for a touchdown. Shorty after the start of the third quarter, Jaguars mascot Jaxson DeVille stood alongside some cheerleaders, and produced a Terrible Towel, which he used to rub his armpits and buttocks.

Shortly after that, the Steelers ran away with the game and the Jaguars lost 26-21. The Jaguars went on to lose eight of their remaining eleven games in the season.[citation needed]

On December 21, 2008, LenDale White and Keith Bulluck of the Tennessee Titans stepped on a Terrible Towel after the Titans's 31–14 victory. Pittsburgh's Larry Foote responded, "They deserved to do that, they whooped us, they deserve to celebrate and, hopefully, we'll see them again."[44] While Hines Ward said, "[T. J. Houshmandzadeh] did kind of the same thing and you see where they went."[44] Tennessee was the top seed in the playoffs, however following the incident the Titans proceeded to lose eight consecutive games, including an '08 divisional playoff game (their first game following the 'incident'), their '09 Week 1 game against the Steelers, 13-10. After the Titan's 8th consecutive loss, Titans coach Jeff Fisher expressed regret for his team's behavior towards the Towel, and a number of Titans players autographed a Terrible Towel and mailed it to a Pittsburgh charity. The Titans won their next 5 games.

On January 27, 2009, at a public sendoff in Phoenix for the Arizona Cardinals before they faced the Steelers in Super Bowl XLIII, Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon produced a towel and called the Cardinals mascot, Big Red to the stage, where he used the towel to wipe his armpits. Gordon then blew his nose on the towel.[41] The Cardinals then proceeded to lose the Super Bowl to the Steelers, 27-23.

On October 11, 2009 the Pittsburgh Steelers played the Detroit Lions at Ford Field. Nearing the end of the fourth quarter the Steelers were up by 8 points and the Lions were marching down the field. At this time the Lions mascot Roary The Lion, stepped on, bit and ripped apart a Terrible Towel. Following this the Lions suffered three straight sacks to put them in a long fourth and twenty-eight situation. The Lions did not convert and the Steelers won the game 28-20.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrible_Towel
Old 01-22-2011, 07:26 PM   #26
mcg24
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17631

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
keep dreaming
Keep trolling.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:26 PM   #27
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
Is there a way we can get this info to the players,twitter?Guess it doesnt matter,the curse come spiritually now.Im sure they will announce Copes B-day in the stadium before the game...CANT WAIT!!!
Im sure they allready know....

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:35 PM   #28
Steelboy84
Banned

Member Number: 13983

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcg24 View Post
Keep trolling.
Steelboy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:31 PM   #29
Nevermore
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14524

I hate the F-ing towel, and the Steelers, but I do know you don't F with that stupid towel. I don't know why, but it is just not a good idea. That and my buddy who is a Steelers fan who lives in Washington State. He breaks out a 6 pack of IC Lite and starts drinking it and everything starts going well for his damn team.

I hate it, but you don't tempt that thing. It's science.

Go Jets (despite your now cursed team).
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:42 PM   #30
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
I hate the F-ing towel, and the Steelers, but I do know you don't F with that stupid towel. I don't know why, but it is just not a good idea. That and my buddy who is a Steelers fan who lives in Washington State. He breaks out a 6 pack of IC Lite and starts drinking it and everything starts going well for his damn team.

I hate it, but you don't tempt that thing. It's science.

Go Jets (despite your now cursed team).

Damn right. Great post.
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote