Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-22-2011, 12:39 AM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,288 Times in 3,522 Posts
Default we are completely in the Jets heads and under their skin

...without saying or doing anything.

are they headed for a complete meltdown?

rex ryan did good all week running no smack or talking shit, but you knew he couldnt resist the urge. he now wants to play the steelers 6 trophys too? way to diminish the steelers accomplishments rex. he does realize he may have a tough enough time dealing with the players who helped win 2 of them, right?

hines ward is in cromartie and revis heads. the rest of the team is ready to knock him out.

jason taylor is complaining about the turf and how it is gonna hurt the speed rushers. he is already advising his teammates about the slop and how to adjust.

good luck to nick folk.

also good luck to the california kid who will be making the start in the coldest weather he has ever played in.

nobody needs to remind the jets or even mention how their running backs will not be able to run.

and last but not least (and i love this part the best) we are going to completely erase their best player- who is also their only great player, from the game with a single player of our own.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:03 AM   #2
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921
Default Re: we are completely in the Jets heads and under their skin

the field shouldnt be bad. the high temp all weekend is around 17 so the ground has been frozen for a while and shouldnt come apart. i think it will be mostly a running game and obviously the steelers will win that because nobody can run on us. Sanchez is going to choke the second he takes his coat off
Old 01-22-2011, 06:34 AM   #3
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
...without saying or doing anything.

are they headed for a complete meltdown?

rex ryan did good all week running no smack or talking shit, but you knew he couldnt resist the urge. he now wants to play the steelers 6 trophys too? way to diminish the steelers accomplishments rex. he does realize he may have a tough enough time dealing with the players who helped win 2 of them, right?

hines ward is in cromartie and revis heads. the rest of the team is ready to knock him out.

jason taylor is complaining about the turf and how it is gonna hurt the speed rushers. he is already advising his teammates about the slop and how to adjust.

good luck to nick folk.

also good luck to the california kid who will be making the start in the coldest weather he has ever played in.

nobody needs to remind the jets or even mention how their running backs will not be able to run.

and last but not least (and i love this part the best) we are going to completely erase their best player- who is also their only great player, from the game with a single player of our own.
Not sure how you can say this...Only because they beat us not so long ago.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:21 AM   #4
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

we better be, 'cause I'm sure "D" LeBeau has some nice vengeful defensive plays in his book to make up for our previous loss.
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:23 AM   #5
SacknificentStew56
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16658

I hope they don't let Sanchez get another naked bootleg on us. I'm sure Silverback will contain the outside in the redzone this game. That's if they make it to the redzone.
SacknificentStew56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:18 AM   #6
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

Thats why Troy will be there... hopefully they don't get that close to the goal line.

Is sanchez a glove passer like Ben? If not I think Daddy Rex will be rubbing Sanchez hands and his feet tomorrow.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:21 AM   #7
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacknificentStew56 View Post
I hope they don't let Sanchez get another naked bootleg on us. I'm sure Silverback will contain the outside in the redzone this game. That's if they make it to the redzone.
After that game James took full responsibilty for his mistake, daid he should have had the contain.
I hope they try it, because that will be the end of Sanchez, then bring on Brunell!!

Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:48 AM   #8
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,280 Times in 569 Posts

Since Ryan and the Jets are obviously resisting the urge to talk smack, they seem to have somehow gotten ESPN to do it for them.

I haven't actually done any counting, but I'll bet that they've played Bart Scott's "Can't Wait" rant at least a hundred times by now. In fact, Jim Rome has openly stated that it's his mission in life to play that clip as often as possible.

It does have a sort of "Get me home" ring to it and it's something the Jets have definitely latched on to. So while the Jets themselves are keeping things generally quiet, the media are definitely taking up the slack.

The one thing I DO like about all of this is that the media are pulling for the Jets so much that it almost makes us seem like underdogs and that's fine with me.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:17 AM   #9
jfaulkNY
Water Boy

Member Number: 17861

i dont think either team is in each others heads. i doubt the jets are scared of the steelers, and i doubt the steelers are woried about the jets.

if any player on the jets is afraid i wouldnt want them on my team. rex hasnt talked any smack this week. he has basically been blowing the steelers all week. he wants to be like the steelers. he is jealous of them/
jfaulkNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:20 AM   #10
bigchuck
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16933

i thought the bart scott clip was funny, definatly mid 90s wwf, the first thing i thought of was a macho man shoot interview
bigchuck is offline   Reply With Quote