Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-22-2011, 12:46 PM   #21
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
Default Re: we are completely in the Jets heads and under their skin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
they werent whining about our turf, 6 trophies, or hines ward not so long ago.
You're right, actually they didn't say a word that week. Its pretty obvious that they are distracted this time though.

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:27 PM   #22
matrix1avp
Water Boy

Member Number: 17862
Talking Re: we are completely in the Jets heads and under their skin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xSBChamps View Post
"You think you're real smart. But you're not smart; you're dumb. Very dumb...

But you've met your match in me."
Every Steelers fan in the Burgh was rooting for the Jets. I had countless Steeler fans patting me on the back and saying "Good Luck." I appreciate the sentiment, but I know where it comes from.

Winning in Foxboro is a lot harder than winning in Heinz Field. Even if it is the playoffs.

I hope they break open the glass cases at Heinz and put the 6 trophies on the field and see if they can block better than your tackles / It will be a great game. I will be at Heinz Field with an entourage of Jets fans leading the charge / and yes I am smart very smart
matrix1avp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:52 PM   #23
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix1avp View Post
"Nobody runs on us." - right? I hear that 4,000 times every Sunday in Pittsburgh.

The Jets ran for a whole lot more than your average last time (>100).
Yes, you managed a whole 3.2 YPC and 106 yards by committee on a run-first offense.....and scored 1 offensive TD, calling that pedestrian even would be a joke. 14 of your 22 points came off of flukey stuff (QB gadget play, kick return) that you cannot count on to consistently win you games.

Quote:
This time, it's going to be worse when Sanchez opens up the passing game on your injured secondary.
You are joking, right? WHen Sanchize "opens up the passing game", interceptions soon follow. He is without a doubt, THE WORST QB in the NFL. He has an elite corps of WRs that make him look better than he is, and even still, he has like a 53% completion percentage this season. His passes are always almost on the ground, or two feet over the receiver's heads (that is, in the rare instances when he actually throws it to somebody other than one of his checkdowns).

Quote:
Jets fans all ready no / The Patriots were the best team in the NFL up to 4:30 Sunday afternoon. CAN'T WAIT
The Jets were lucky to catch the Patriots after a first round bye, just as the Ravens were lucky to pull Pittsburgh after a first round bye (only we took care of business, unlike NE). That week off is NOT an advantage in my book. Never has been. We barely scraped by the Chargers in 2008 after our first round bye. Matter of factly, we were the only home team to win the divisional weekend.

The Steelers are a differnt team with a different QB than the two statues your guys just beat. The Patriots are an otherwise 8-8 team with a really badass QB, their defense stinks, their offenss stinks without Brady. The Colts this year were about one injury away from being an 8-8 team. The Steelers were missing Heath Miller and Troy Polamalu last time we played.

The Jets are gonna have to be able to climb Mount Everest walking backwards tomorrow to win at Heinz. The Steelers are well rested, charged up after a HUGE win last week, and have their marquee playmakers back in the lineup.

Old 01-22-2011, 04:00 PM   #24
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:

Winning in Foxboro is a lot harder than winning in Heinz Field. Even if it is the playoffs.

No, not really, not according to the numbers.

The Patriots are 0-3 in their last three postseason games at home(dating back as far as 2007), the Steelers are 2-1 at home with an overall 4-1 postseason record and a Superbowl victory since that same timeframe....

Also, the matchups of your team verses the Pats are much better. The Pats do NOT have an elite defense that is capable of taking away your running game and forcing Checkdown Sanchez to give the game away to the other team with his ugly-azz passes. They have a timing-based offense that is can be disrupted using bump coverage and rushing the passer (exactly what your guys did, and exactly what the D coordinators of both your team, our team, and the Bears knew they had to do to win against them in if we saw them in the postseason).

The Steelers' only weakness is their secondary (but sorry, Sanchize is not the QB to expose that at all), and Oline (Suggs had a career game last week against us, and we still won). Your team lacks the needed weapons to exploit either of those.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:06 PM   #25
Steelboy84
Banned

Member Number: 13983

Is it Sunday yet?
Steelboy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:10 PM   #26
Foreign Alphabet
Water Boy

Member Number: 17778

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelboy84 View Post
Is it Sunday yet?
Haha right? The week started out all right, now the stupid threads and posts (coughriddleofsteelcough)

The game is going to be good, and its going to be smashmouth, and i'm ready for all this talk to stop!
Old 01-22-2011, 04:55 PM   #27
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
I will be at Heinz Field with an entourage of Jets fans leading the charge
'entourage'?

all 6 of you???

Old 01-22-2011, 05:18 PM   #28
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,154 Times in 2,409 Posts

Quote:
I will be at Heinz Field with an entourage of Jets fans leading the charge / and yes I am smart very smart
Matrix1avp and friends as they prepare to depart for Heinz

Last edited by Atlanta Dan; 01-22-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:23 PM   #29
TurkJetFan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17812

what gives you in impression your in anyones head? your post did nothing to back up that point..

sorry..but your not
TurkJetFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:38 PM   #30
tfcarlson
Water Boy

Member Number: 17865

nothing makes me happier than to see and underachieving team like the JETS show their weak state leading up to the big game. the more talk that comes out of their locker room, the better. Mark Sanchez has the weight of his entitled teammates on his shoulders. i'm ready to see if he buckles under the pressure or not.

p.s. check out this infographic (definitely the most visually straightforward i've seen) illustrating the strengths and weaknesses of the playoff teams in 2011. a must see:

http://infojocks.tumblr.com/post/258...hics-this-week
tfcarlson is offline   Reply With Quote