Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2011, 10:47 AM   #31
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie
 
SteelCityMom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the land of The Crazies
Posts: 7,687
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16666
Thanks: 2,756
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Obama: Go, Jets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfan58 View Post
So your saying it is ok for some people to be politically offended but not others? And how is that decision made? Because I have found some very offensive names and avatars that are political in nature throughout this site.

Also I disagree strongly that this is not Steeler related news. The NFL channel deemed it news worthy. You are honestly saying that the President is picking the jets to win over the Steelers is not Steeler worthy news?

So let me get this clear your are saying that if I start a tread and a few people make out of line comments then you have the right to move or delete my post based on random responses even though the initial post was valid and well within the context and rules of the discussion? That's Censorship plain and simple.
My god...talk about taking it too far.

I've already explained to you twice why it was moved, if you don't like it, that's not my problem. It has nothing to do with being politically offended...it has to do with where the thread discussion is going to go, and it's going to be nothing but political bashing. I don't care what anyone's political affiliation is (which is also why I don't care about political names or avatars), but nobody wants their political and football discussions mixed together.

You are not being censored. Get over yourself.
__________________
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause and effect, but actually from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey...stuff.


http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:50 AM   #32
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter
 
43Hitman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 5,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1251
Thanks: 2,278
Thanked 752 Times in 396 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default Re: Obama: Go, Jets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfan58 View Post
So your saying it is ok for some people to be politically offended but not others? And how is that decision made? Because I have found some very offensive names and avatars that are political in nature throughout this site.

Also I disagree strongly that this is not Steeler related news. The NFL channel deemed it news worthy. You are honestly saying that the President is picking the jets to win over the Steelers is not Steeler worthy news?

So let me get this clear your are saying that if I start a tread and a few people make out of line comments then you have the right to move or delete my post based on random responses even though the initial post was valid and well within the context and rules of the discussion? That's Censorship plain and simple.

lolu
__________________


"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:55 AM   #33
Steelerfan58
Water Boy
 
Steelerfan58's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 27
Member Number: 7300
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Obama: Go, Jets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
My god...talk about taking it too far.

I've already explained to you twice why it was moved, if you don't like it, that's not my problem. It has nothing to do with being politically offended...it has to do with where the thread discussion is going to go, and it's going to be nothing but political bashing. I don't care what anyone's political affiliation is (which is also why I don't care about political names or avatars), but nobody wants their politics and football mixed together.

You are not being censored. Get over yourself.
And that why when I come here to read I do not wish to see names like IHATESARAPALIN Or avatars with Omama or Bush on them when I am in the Steeler forum. I am there to read up on the latest news not be stressed by political agenda's. How can you not see its the same thing? If your going to mod then be fare and mod the forum fairly for all users that is all I am asking.
__________________
If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler!
Steelerfan58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:01 AM   #34
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie
 
SteelCityMom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the land of The Crazies
Posts: 7,687
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16666
Thanks: 2,756
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Obama: Go, Jets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfan58 View Post
And that why when I come here to read I do not wish to see names like IHATESARAPALIN Or avatars with Omama or Bush on them when I am in the Steeler forum I am there to read up on the latest news not be stressed by political agenda's. How can you not see its the same thing? If your going to mod then be fare and mod the forum fairly for all users that is all I am saying.
Because those user names and avatars aren't derogatory in any way. If you're offended by them that's not my problem. Maybe you just need to grow a thicker skin. Besides, those people don't bring their political agendas into their actual posts. They post about football in the appropriate places and about politics in the appropriate places.

AGAIN...I moved the thread because in a very short time it stopped having anything at all to do with the Steelers or even the Jets for that matter and became about politics...and I guarantee it would keep heading in that direction.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYONE BEING OFFENDED.

That's why it's not the same thing. If it bothers you that much, go somewhere else, because I'm not moving it back.
__________________
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause and effect, but actually from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey...stuff.


http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:03 AM   #35
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter
 
43Hitman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 5,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1251
Thanks: 2,278
Thanked 752 Times in 396 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default Re: Obama: Go, Jets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfan58 View Post
And that why when I come here to read I do not wish to see names like IHATESARAPALIN Or avatars with Omama or Bush on them when I am in the Steeler forum. I am there to read up on the latest news not be stressed by political agenda's. How can you not see its the same thing? If your going to mod then be fare and mod the forum fairly for all users that is all I am asking.
What, you bitching about being censored(when your not I might add) while asking to censor other members.

You do know that this is a privately owned board and as a Mod, SCM can censor anything she wants. Although she isn't, she and the other mods very well could. I really don't understand what your problem is, I mean its not like the thread got deleted, it just got moved to a more appropriate place. And judging your reaction, she was right.

so again, lolu
__________________


"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:15 AM   #36
Steelerfan58
Water Boy
 
Steelerfan58's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 27
Member Number: 7300
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Obama: Go, Jets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
What, you bitching about being censored(when your not I might add) while asking to censor other members.

You do know that this is a privately owned board and as a Mod, SCM can censor anything she wants. Although she isn't, she and the other mods very well could. I really don't understand what your problem is, I mean its not like the thread got deleted, it just got moved to a more appropriate place. And judging your reaction, she was right.

so again, lolu
1st off I am not bitching I am discussing, secondly why are you getting so involved in a discussion between myself and the mod? I think she is more than capable to debate this on the merits without your involvement. Oh and now I see how you have such a high post count in this site and others. LOL counts as a full post that just don't seem fare.
__________________
If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler!
Steelerfan58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:38 AM   #37
sarahpalinhater
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 458
Member Number: 17609
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Obama: Go, Jets!

People please,,,who cares who a politician roots for ? I mean they are ALL Self-serving. Whether it's a Dem like Obama, or a conservative weenie like Bush.
It's not gonna make a difference on how our steelers approach the game, is it ?




Who Obama roots for tomorrow, well....I don't care!



Here we go Steelers.....Here we GO!!!!
sarahpalinhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:41 AM   #38
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter
 
43Hitman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 5,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1251
Thanks: 2,278
Thanked 752 Times in 396 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default Re: Obama: Go, Jets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfan58 View Post
So I am guessing you were equally offended by the many post declaring Obama is a Steeler fan? and you called for those post to be moved as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfan58 View Post
1st off I am not bitching I am discussing, secondly why are you getting so involved in a discussion between myself and the mod? I think she is more than capable to debate this on the merits without your involvement. Oh and now I see how you have such a high post count in this site and others. LOL counts as a full post that just don't seem fare.
You engaged me pal, then went on a crying fest about being censored. So I figured it would be fun to see you get all lathered up.
__________________


"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:54 AM   #39
Steelerfan58
Water Boy
 
Steelerfan58's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 27
Member Number: 7300
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Obama: Go, Jets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
You engaged me pal, then went on a crying fest about being censored. So I figured it would be fun to see you get all lathered up.
I am not your Dude or your Pal, and you were the one that started crying about the post and most likely ran off to get a mod. And as far as getting "lathered up" if light hearted chatting in a sports forum gets you "lathered up" then you have some issues going on there, this is relaxing.
__________________
If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler!
Steelerfan58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:03 PM   #40
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie
 
SteelCityMom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the land of The Crazies
Posts: 7,687
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16666
Thanks: 2,756
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Obama: Go, Jets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfan58 View Post
I am not your Dude or your Pal, and you were the one that started crying about the post and most likely ran off to get a mod. And as far as getting "lathered up" if light hearted chatting in a sports forum gets you "lathered up" then you have some issues going on there, this is relaxing.
Nobody "ran off to get a mod". I try to read all the threads here.
__________________
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause and effect, but actually from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey...stuff.


http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts