Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 01-22-2011, 11:49 AM   #1
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351
Default Packers -Bears

Sorta like Sanchez i dont trust Cutler...That being said if he plays lights out they win. Bears 20 Packers 17 just a feeling
Old 01-22-2011, 01:58 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,790 Times in 3,689 Posts
Default Re: Packers -Bears

the jets lost to both these teams in the regular season.

brian urlacher is probably the finest new mexico born and bred professional athelete, and can be cosnidered a state hero.

considering i am a former UNM lobo, i am naturally a huge fan (and woulda been regardless which team drafted him).

but since my worse half's family is from indiana and huge chicago sportsfans and our daughter is named after walter payton, it makes it all that much easier to root for the bears.

i like the packers as well, especially with dom capers, kevin green and darren perry on the coaching staff.

with all that being said, the steelers are the only ones capable of giving them a game.

nobody wants to see green bay shut out the jets 9-0 again.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:24 PM   #3
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Cutler doesn't stand a chance against the Packers defense.

This game will come down to Rogers. If he pulls a clutch win in the game, he'll prove he's worthy of being called one of the best in the game, if he doesn't, he'll be another play off choke quarterback like Marino, Manning, and 2005-2010 Brady.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:25 PM   #4
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

Pulling for the Bears, but expect the Packers to win.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:36 PM   #5
TOOLofSTEEL
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17096

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Sorta like Sanchez i dont trust Cutler...
TOOLofSTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:53 PM   #6
warddj86
Starter

Member Number: 4235

From a "which team would the Steelers have an easier time defeating in SB XLV" standpoint, I'm cheering for Chicago. From a competitive and exciting Sb standpoint, Go Green Bay.

Packers 31,
Bears 21
warddj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:57 PM   #7
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,854 Times in 2,898 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

packers were my nfc pick for the superbowl when the playoffs started, so i gotta stick with em. rodgers vs roethlisberger in the sb would be epic
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:34 PM   #8
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplatypus View Post
Pulling for the Bears, but expect the Packers to win.

what this says.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:36 PM   #9
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,954 Times in 3,511 Posts

My preseason Super Bowl pick was Packers-Ravens

Glad that will not be happening but sticking with Green Bay to represent the NFC
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:30 PM   #10
mcg24
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17631

I think the Bears win this football game. The Packers played a very overrated Atlanta team. Come on, let's be honest they really have no defense. And yes, I know it was all the way back in week 1, but we did beat them without Ben.

Before that, they played a very questionable Eagles team as well, and if it wouldn't have been for Akers blowing two field goals, Philly would have taken that one. Michael Vick certainly didn't look 100%, and although the Eagles have McCoy, they refuse to actually work on a running game.

After these two opponents people are ready to declare a victory for the Packers on Sunday? I don't think so.

Of course, it's not like the Bears road to get here was any harder, they had to play the Seahawks. The friggen Seahawks. But if I'm a Packer fan, I'm not going to be doing the "Bears still suck" chant before the game starts. The Bears know the Packers, and I really believe they are the only team that can beat them in the NFC.

Their Special Team games do NOT match up well. The Bears could possibly win this game on special teams alone. Gould may be the most reliable kicker in the NFL, and Devin Hester has already scored on the Packers this year, he may very well do it again.

The team's offenses clearly do not cancel out, Green Bay has the clear advantage in this one. There is one problem with this however...the field. The field is a mess, we've been hearing this for days now. This will NOT help the explosive players on the GB offense like Greg Jennings and James Jones. Granted it will not help Hester or Knox either, but if Jennings and Jones can be pretty much accounted for all game, GB is going to have a very difficult time putting up a W.

I like the defense of the Packers in this game over the Bears, but I think the Bears are going to perform better. After watching what Williams and his buddies have done the past couple weeks, I think Cutler knows what he has to do this weekend. If he can stop the turnovers, the Bears will win. And I think he is going to rise up and do this. He had a big confidence builder last week (although he probably should have thrown 1-2 picks)which will help him get on his feet. Also, you could make the argument that a messy Soldier Field benefits the Bears D more than the Packers, as the Packers seem to have more explosive playmakers on D (Williams, Woodson, Collins, Matthews). So we'll see. I think the Packers are the more talented team, but the Bears just match up with them magnificently .