Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-22-2011, 05:34 PM   #11
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Deadspin - Why No One Remembers The Mark Sanchez Rape Case.

Not to be rude or anything...but you guys, are well, guys. And there's a few things here that sound very ignorant.

1. Have you ever heard of a condom? Pulling out? A lot of times rapists will do this for the very reason that they prevent their DNA from being collected (unless the girl fights back and gets the attackers skin under her nails). There doesn't have to be DNA for there to be rape.

2. I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that none of you were ever raped or sexually assaulted (yes I know it's possible, but from the context of speech here...it's very unlikely). To assume that it's just an easy step for all women to go to the hospital or call the cops, or even tell friends and family members after they are raped is 100% false. Many women feel ashamed, dirty, self loathing and a myriad of other emotions that you'll probably never understand after such an attack occurs. Sometimes it's just not that cut and dry. Is it something they should do? Absolutely. Is it that easy? Never. It's very easy for people to be looking at a situation they've never been in, or never dealt with and provide all the easy answers for it, but until you've been faced with that situation, it's impossible to understand why some do what they do.

3. Rape is one of the hardest crimes to prove...even with DNA evidence. Almost every woman on the face of the Earth knows this. So do most men. Both sexes sometimes use that knowledge to their advantage.

4. I've never once been comfortable calling Ben 100% innocent. I don't know what happened that night. There are a ton of variable to consider. He is a very rich, high profile man which makes him an easy target...but doesn't mean it's impossible for him to do the things he was accused of. I much prefer not judging it either way. Most sensible people do the same thing. None of us have all the facts, and none of us should act like we do.

5. I've joked about Sanchez' case with a few Jets members here who've brought up the Big Ben thing. While I do think it's fair that they know what their QB is accused of when they bring up ours, it's not fair the manner I presented it in. In hindsight, I handled it badly...but the temptation of throwing back the ridicule we've taken here for quite a while now was too much. The reality of it is, both guys were accused of something very serious. There's a chance one or both of them did it. There's a chance neither of them did it. We might never know. If we ever find out though, it'll most likely be in a horrible way (another charge that will likely stick).

I'll leave it at that. I just had to say my piece on this because I don't think it's fair to assume that every woman will handle being raped or sexually assaulted in a cut and dry manner. There were just too many broad statements for me.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:48 PM   #12
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Ok...I thought about this for a few minutes as well and decided moving this to the Locker Room (because of the nature of the discussion) was probably best.

Please don't hate me Dan. I swear I'm not power tripping.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
Old 01-22-2011, 06:06 PM   #13
1st&Goal
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8802

Excellent post, SCMom.

Lets shift gears here for a second. Has anyone ever checked his (Sanchez's) green card? If not him, I suspect there was an illegal border crossing somewhere along the line in his family.
1st&Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:56 PM   #14
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,436 Times in 3,317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
Ok...I thought about this for a few minutes as well and decided moving this to the Locker Room (because of the nature of the discussion) was probably best.

Please don't hate me Dan. I swear I'm not power tripping.
As you recall, i was banned by the previous regime - I know power tripping when I see it and moving this to the Locker Room is certainly not that
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:05 PM   #15
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
As you recall, i was banned by the previous regime - I know power tripping when I see it and moving this to the Locker Room is certainly not that
Thanks lol. And I'm not even sure it should stay here, because it is relevant news, given how Ben's case has been handled by the media...I just wasn't sure and went with my gut at the time.

If Tony or Pete think it belongs in the Steelers section, I'm ok with that too.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:07 PM   #16
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 2,077 Times in 941 Posts
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Lets shift gears here for a second. Has anyone ever checked his (Sanchez's) green card? If not him, I suspect there was an illegal border crossing somewhere along the line in his family
really foo? if you have nothing relevant to say than shut the f**k up
i guess you must be a Native American
i know steelers fan are not racist towards any race
and no i dont like Sanchez, even though i am Mexican i've
been a steelers fan since i was 7or 8 years old
your comment or joke was just not funny to me
im proud to be Mexican and im definitely proud to be a STEELER
fer522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:09 PM   #17
1st&Goal
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fer522 View Post
really foo? if you have nothing relevant to say than shut the f**k up
i guess you must be a Native American
i know steelers fan are not racist towards any race
and no i dont like Sanchez, even though i am Mexican i've
been a steelers fan since i was 7or 8 years old
your comment or joke was just not funny to me
im proud to be Mexican and im definitely proud to be a STEELER
Please......Lighten up........And I'm not racist. Far from it. My comment was meant to be a slight on illegal immigration, not nationality. I don't give damn where you come from, as long as you're in this country legally. I do, however, have problem with illegal immigration. So don't direct your anger at me, I'm a citizen of the USA and the Steeler nation.

So tell me, are you a Mexican living in Mexico? Or a Mexican living legally in the US? Or an American of Mexican heritage? If you are an American of Mexican heritage, THEN YOU'RE AN AMERICAN, NOT A MEXICAN.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:08 PM   #18
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!

i'm 100% MEXICAN
living in 1 of the most beautiful countries in the world (71913)
and you know this is a steelers fever.com, right? we talk sports
not peoples legal status

go steelers
Old 01-22-2011, 10:18 PM   #19
fer522
ACERERO

i forgive you bro

im here to make friends, friend

go steelers
Old 01-22-2011, 10:19 PM   #20
1st&Goal
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fer522 View Post
i'm 100% MEXICAN
living in 1 of the most beautiful countries in the world (71913)
and you know this is a steelers fever.com, right? we talk sports
not peoples legal status

go steelers
My friend, you do indeed live in a beautiful country with awesome people. I've been to Mexico many times, and I have met some very nice people there. I regret if I offended you i any way, that was not my intention, but lets hate Sanchez together anyway, shall we?