Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 01-23-2011, 09:43 PM   #1
steelers33
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17599
Default Okay I live in Wisconsin....

Alright guys give me some good ideas for trash talk the next two weeks in Cheese country. Also, don't use the Steelers are the most succesfull football franchise in history they still count NFL championships(not Super Bowls here) so the Packers have 12 championships technically. It is going to be pretty crazy up here, so knowing Im vastly outnumbered I have to be armed with some good trash talk. So okay guys give me some ideas!
steelers33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:46 PM   #2
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,077 Times in 568 Posts
Default Re: Okay I live in Wisconsin....

Packers are good fans. Keep it tongue and cheek.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:46 PM   #3
Corey_J
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16584

I also live in Wi, Madison BTW ! I will talk shit to anyone who disrespects the steeler nation. **** them !
Old 01-23-2011, 09:51 PM   #4
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

Im' another fan in Madison, Wi. What a great game today.

All I know is our experience should help. The Packers won their SB when they beat Chicago. We know what has to be done.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:37 AM   #5
dez09231
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11142

Packers fans are good people. Why bother with the trash talk? IF you are approached with such, just point out that the Packers won 12 titles with what. . . 16 teams wearing leather helmets on a 90 yard field, with no African Americans allowed to play, with no facemasks, etc. etc. . . . and even if it isn't all 100% percent true, you can say it comically enough to make everyone around you laugh. Just act like an alpha male, everything else will fall into place.
dez09231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:44 AM   #6
zsheik22
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9466

Wisconsin has the nicest people of any state I've been to so far. So happy and friendly.
zsheik22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:46 AM   #7
arodisgod
Water Boy

Member Number: 17904

yes thats right we have 12, just because their were only 16 teams dont mean they dont count, it was still football. anyways dont trash talk, u will make yourself look stupid, especially if you lose. also the packers did not think of the chicago game as there super bowl, they werent as excited as i thought they would be, looked very serious, they know what the super bowl means to the fans and franchise.
arodisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:09 AM   #8
dez09231
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arodisgod View Post
yes thats right we have 12, just because their were only 16 teams dont mean they dont count, it was still football. anyways dont trash talk, u will make yourself look stupid, especially if you lose. also the packers did not think of the chicago game as there super bowl, they werent as excited as i thought they would be, looked very serious, they know what the super bowl means to the fans and franchise.

The only people who reference that brand of "football" are fans of teams who haven't done anything since that brand was relevant.

The game is totally different. It's nowhere near what it is today.

To say that a title won in World War 2 is as relevant as a title won today is roughly equivalent to comparing the strengths and weaknesses of the Ottaman Empire to ours; it isn't pertinent outside of a few cities no one cares about.

I'm sure those on the Lions and Browns boards would oblige you with regaling tales of 35 yard hail marys and 7 men on the field, though.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:16 AM   #9
arodisgod
Water Boy

Member Number: 17904

haven done anything since that era? dont be mad because the steelers where the lions of the league until the 70s, they couldnt win any in that era. and if they did this conversation would be different wouldnt it lol. also the game is vastly different than back in the 60s 70s and 80s. so we should just erase those championship games just because. Yeah sounds kinda stupid dont it. championships are championships and thats all there is too it.

pre super bowl

packers 9
steelers 0

super bowl era

packers 3 (soon to be 4)
steelers 4 (do the cardinals and seahawks count lol)
arodisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:22 AM   #10
dez09231
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arodisgod View Post
haven done anything since that era? dont be mad because the steelers where the lions of the league until the 70s, they couldnt win any in that era. and if they did this conversation would be different wouldnt it lol. also the game is vastly different than back in the 60s 70s and 80s. so we should just erase those championship games just because. Yeah sounds kinda stupid dont it. championships are championships and thats all there is too it.

pre super bowl

packers 9
steelers 0

super bowl era

packers 3 (soon to be 4)
steelers 4 (do the cardinals and seahawks count lol)

Super Bowls are Super Bowls; winning in an era where racism and 10 teams existed is not equivalent. Sorry. Playing 10 games in an all racist league consisting of vastly differently rules is not the same as playing with the best athletes in the U.S. spread across cities from coast to coast. . . no matter how many times you hit F5 before your first period.

Hate to break it to you.

EDIT: Before you edit your posts after mine, you should probably learn how many Super Bowls we have, junior. 4? Really? Lol, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Sigh. . .