Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-23-2011, 10:41 PM   #11
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775
Default Re: Packers 2&1/2 Favorites

I would put them as 7 point favorites at this point. Steelers are in tough against that offense, receiving corps and that Dom Capers D. They won't be able to keep pace with the unbelievably talented Aaron Rodgers. Their only strategy is to own the clock and keep them off the field and somehow protect Ben against the marauding Bloodline dude.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:42 PM   #12
SteelHaven
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17811

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
The line will move but I dont' see it going in Pittsburgh's favor. GB is healthy and they've got fresh legs at RB and very few injuries across the board. The Steelers are beat up and that'll continue to be the story line...besides the NFL wants another cinderella 6th seed, especially against the Steelers.
2 weeks may or may not be enough time to heal but we have a chance to heal up as of now.
SteelHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:44 PM   #13
SeinfeldNut
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17822

This will be a hard game to win. Aaron Rodgers though he did not play great today, did enough to win the game. Starks is capable of making big plays on the ground and the WRS, Driver, Jennings and Nelson all have great hands and can break off a big play. Their defense is also very stout, makes you earn yards against them, just like our defense. Should be a tight game throughout, I think we find a way to beat them at end.

Class, Integrity, Character
SeinfeldNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:45 PM   #14
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
The line will move but I dont' see it going in Pittsburgh's favor. GB is healthy and they've got fresh legs at RB and very few injuries across the board. The Steelers are beat up and that'll continue to be the story line...besides the NFL wants another cinderella 6th seed, especially against the Steelers.

The line is not about the NFL. It's about Vegas and those who bet against them. It's all about the $.

Vegas usually picks the winner. Their accuracy is pretty scary. I really think this game is even. We'll see.

I can honestly say I don't think the Steelers should be huge favorites. We'll need an amazing effort by our defense. If the Packers score early they'll take away our running game. It will be Troy's job to contain Rogers. It will be our front 7's job to get pressure on Rogers. He gets rid of the ball as quick as any QB in the league. Dom Capers knows what it takes to beat our defense. Both QBs are great. I really think this is a coin flip.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:45 PM   #15
SteelerEmpire
Team President

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 1,472 Times in 673 Posts

2 1/2 favorites... this is so those who professionally bet will make more money when they bet on the Steelers... that's just a fact...!

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:47 PM   #16
sarahpalinhater
Banned

Member Number: 17609

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
I would put them as 7 point favorites at this point. Steelers are in tough against that offense, receiving corps and that Dom Capers D. They won't be able to keep pace with the unbelievably talented Aaron Rodgers. Their only strategy is to own the clock and keep them off the field and somehow protect Ben against the marauding Bloodline dude.

If Philly and the Bears can hold them to 21, what makes you think we can't. I mean they should have lost to Philly. Yes they are getting all the national Pub. But that defense is the same defense Ben lit up for 500 yards...remember that.
sarahpalinhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:48 PM   #17
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,076 Times in 2,615 Posts

homefield advantage in dallas is gonna be oh so sweet.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:55 PM   #18
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahpalinhater View Post
If Philly and the Bears can hold them to 21, what makes you think we can't. I mean they should have lost to Philly. Yes they are getting all the national Pub. But that defense is the same defense Ben lit up for 500 yards...remember that.
Ben was playing better then and he had a receiving corps that he was comfortable with and the team had Holmes.

GB will spread the D out and dish the ball out at will. AR is also very elusive. This will be the toughest test to date for the D. They have yet to see the kind of weapon that they are going to face in AR. He's capable of being scary-good.

As far as the O is concerned, sooner or later the pedigree of our beat-up O-line has to show up doesn't it? I can't see them blocking successfully on 3rd down situations. The Steelers have to try and play solid two-down football and that means keeping Ben out of 3rd and long. Ben cannot have another day like he did today. He was off the mark today a lot and made several poor decisions with the football. He fought through it to manage to do just enough to win.

This year has been the year of the ugly win. Can they win ugly one more time? I don't know?...I tend to think not but stranger things have happened. The Steelers will have to dig deep and really try to play their best game to be able to stand toe-to-toe with the high powered Pack.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:02 PM   #19
Pittsburgh43
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16073

The Bears defense held them to 14, and they were in it until the end with their very inexperienced 3rd string QB who threw 2 picks, one returned for a TD by B.J. Raji. Ben won't have another passing game like today, and as already mentioned, Ben lit the Pack up for over 500 yards a year ago.
Pittsburgh43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:02 PM   #20
sarahpalinhater
Banned

Member Number: 17609

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
Ben was playing better then and he had a receiving corps that he was comfortable with and the team had Holmes.

GB will spread the D out and dish the ball out at will. AR is also very elusive. This will be the toughest test to date for the D. They have yet to see the kind of weapon that they are going to face in AR. He's capable of being scary-good.

As far as the O is concerned, sooner or later the pedigree of our beat-up O-line has to show up doesn't it? I can't see them blocking successfully on 3rd down situations. The Steelers have to try and play solid two-down football and that means keeping Ben out of 3rd and long. Ben cannot have another day like he did today. He was off the mark today a lot and made several poor decisions with the football. He fought through it to manage to do just enough to win.

This year has been the year of the ugly win. Can they win ugly one more time? I don't know?...I tend to think not but stranger things have happened. The Steelers will have to dig deep and really try to play their best game to be able to stand toe-to-toe with the high powered Pack.

Really ? Then how come Aaron went barely for 150 Yds against detroit ? How come they couldn't spread out, or beat Washington ? Why did they score only 20, and lose to a cruddy Miami team ? Please, THRILL me with your Acumen ?
sarahpalinhater is offline   Reply With Quote