Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2011, 11:05 PM   #21
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter
 
stlrtruck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,783
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2398
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Packers 2&1/2 Favorites

It will take a complete 60 minutes of football to beat the Packers!
__________________

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:10 PM   #22
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 917
Member Number: 11280
Thanks: 1
Thanked 92 Times in 51 Posts
Default Re: Packers 2&1/2 Favorites

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahpalinhater View Post
Really ? Then how come Aaron went barely for 150 Yds against detroit ? How come they couldn't spread out, or beat Washington ? Why did they score only 20, and lose to a cruddy Miami team ? Please, THRILL me with your Acumen ?
Why did we lose to the Jets the first time? Why did we lose to the last place Raiders last season? Teams lay eggs. It happens. Just watch the Saints vs Seahawks game.

The same Rogers that struggled against Detroit also lit up a good Bears and Atlanta defense. Knowing what Rogers is capable of, I'm thinking we are in for a game.

The next time Ben lights up a good defense will be the first time this season. So if we need Ben to "'light it up" against the packers I think we are in trouble. We will need to win this game by grinding it out in a tightly fought battle. If our defense cant keep the Packers offense under control we will lose.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:14 PM   #23
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach
 
ZoneBlitzer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,883
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16775
Thanks: 246
Thanked 476 Times in 252 Posts
Default Re: Packers 2&1/2 Favorites

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahpalinhater View Post
Really ? Then how come Aaron went barely for 150 Yds against detroit ? How come they couldn't spread out, or beat Washington ? Why did they score only 20, and lose to a cruddy Miami team ? Please, THRILL me with your Acumen ?
When you get into the tournament that is the playoffs it is all about momentum and being hot. From what I've seen, the Packers are playing some pretty solid football in all phases. They got some ex-Steelers over there whom I respect such as the likes of Kevin Greene and Capers. The teams are almost mirror images to some extent except that GB definitely has the hotter QB at the moment.

And the offensive line...I just don't know how it is possible to hold the fort against the likes of that blitzing Packer D. If they do, it will be the greatest coaching accomplishment in the modern era. I still can't believe that they are holding it together as they are.

It comes down to match-ups as well and right now, you have to give GB the edge on match-ups on nearly every front.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:17 PM   #24
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach
 
ZoneBlitzer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,883
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16775
Thanks: 246
Thanked 476 Times in 252 Posts
Default Re: Packers 2&1/2 Favorites

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post
Why did we lose to the Jets the first time? Why did we lose to the last place Raiders last season? Teams lay eggs. It happens. Just watch the Saints vs Seahawks game.

The same Rogers that struggled against Detroit also lit up a good Bears and Atlanta defense. Knowing what Rogers is capable of, I'm thinking we are in for a game.

The next time Ben lights up a good defense will be the first time this season. So if we need Ben to "'light it up" against the packers I think we are in trouble. We will need to win this game by grinding it out in a tightly fought battle. If our defense cant keep the Packers offense under control we will lose.
They will have to win ugly again one more time.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:20 PM   #25
sarahpalinhater
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 458
Member Number: 17609
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Packers 2&1/2 Favorites

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
When you get into the tournament that is the playoffs it is all about momentum and being hot. From what I've seen, the Packers are playing some pretty solid football in all phases. They got some ex-Steelers over there whom I respect such as the likes of Kevin Greene and Capers. The teams are almost mirror images to some extent except that GB definitely has the hotter QB at the moment.

And the offensive line...I just don't know how it is possible to hold the fort against the likes of that blitzing Packer D. If they do, it will be the greatest coaching accomplishment in the modern era. I still can't believe that they are holding it together as they are.

It comes down to match-ups as well and right now, you have to give GB the edge on match-ups on nearly every front.



Forget the Atlanta game cause that's a miage. If it weren't for that pick right before the half, that game would have looked alot different. Okay, stats wise Aaron looks good. But what about total points ? 21 to both Philly and the Bears ? Sorry dude but the one thing I think you, and everybody forgets is that of ALL the positions that give the steelers trouble is the opposing TE. Even I have to admit that. Last year is WAS J.Finely who killed our defense last year. Even though again Troy, Aaron, Ziggy, and Timmons ( After the 1st quarter )..did not play. Finely being out is huge. Cause we faced ALL their WR's last year, and without their TE, they can be held.
sarahpalinhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:24 PM   #26
Sixburgher
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 685
Member Number: 17648
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Packers 2&1/2 Favorites

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
When you get into the tournament that is the playoffs it is all about momentum and being hot. From what I've seen, the Packers are playing some pretty solid football in all phases.
They barely beat a third string nobody this afternoon. Their win over the Bears was far from impressive.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:31 PM   #27
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach
 
ZoneBlitzer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,883
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16775
Thanks: 246
Thanked 476 Times in 252 Posts
Default Re: Packers 2&1/2 Favorites

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahpalinhater View Post
Forget the Atlanta game cause that's a miage. If it weren't for that pick right before the half, that game would have looked alot different. Okay, stats wise Aaron looks good. But what about total points ? 21 to both Philly and the Bears ? Sorry dude but the one thing I think you, and everybody forgets is that of ALL the positions that give the steelers trouble is the opposing TE. Even I have to admit that. Last year is WAS J.Finely who killed our defense last year. Even though again Troy, Aaron, Ziggy, and Timmons ( After the 1st quarter )..did not play. Finely being out is huge. Cause we faced ALL their WR's last year, and without their TE, they can be held.
Yes, I hope they can hold them on points for sure but keep in mind, this game will be on the carpet with no breeze whatsoever. AR is capable of being scary-good indoors and I'm not talking about stats, it's the way he plays the game. He's got a lightning quick release and can throw it on the run with incredible accuracy and ease. I'm just glad I'm not a D co-ordinator because he presents a lot of challenges.

Having said that, the reason I am not so much concerned for the D but more so for the offense for I know that this year's edition of the Steelers offense has a tendency to sputter and even turn the ball over of late. They simply cannot do that against the likes of that team on that carpet in the Living Room.

Also, I am fine with them being the under-dog. In fact, I think they are deservedly so. They have struggled to play complete games this year. The one solid complete game that they had was the final one against the Browns.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:35 PM   #28
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach
 
ZoneBlitzer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,883
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16775
Thanks: 246
Thanked 476 Times in 252 Posts
Default Re: Packers 2&1/2 Favorites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixburgher View Post
They barely beat a third string nobody this afternoon. Their win over the Bears was far from impressive.
Well that was against a division rival and in harsh weather conditions and yes, it certainly has revealed some chinks in their armor. If you can get to AR, you got to make him pay the price. The thing that worries me for the SB is that it's on carpet.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:38 PM   #29
sarahpalinhater
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 458
Member Number: 17609
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Packers 2&1/2 Favorites

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
Yes, I hope they can hold them on points for sure but keep in mind, this game will be on the carpet with no breeze whatsoever. AR is capable of being scary-good indoors and I'm not talking about stats, it's the way he plays the game. He's got a lightning quick release and can throw it on the run with incredible accuracy and ease. I'm just glad I'm not a D co-ordinator because he presents a lot of challenges.

Having said that, the reason I am not so much concerned for the D but more so for the offense for I know that this year's edition of the Steelers offense has a tendency to sputter and even turn the ball over of late. They simply cannot do that against the likes of that team on that carpet in the Living Room.

Also, I am fine with them being the under-dog. In fact, I think they are deservedly so. They have struggled to play complete games this year. The one solid complete game that they had was the final one against the Browns.



Yeah Domes...How did he do in the Detroit Dome ? On turf ? Yeah I thought so. Now, are you gonna start to say that Detroit has a better defense then us ?
sarahpalinhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:38 PM   #30
Sixburgher
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 685
Member Number: 17648
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Packers 2&1/2 Favorites

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
Well that was against a division rival and in harsh weather conditions and yes, it certainly has revealed some chinks in their armor.
What exactly have the Steelers been playing in? The Steelers have been putting some beautiful drives together of late, if you haven't noticed, and against defenses that aren't exactly slouches.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts