Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 01-23-2011, 11:09 PM   #1
caseydog
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1361
My Mood: Cynical
Default Dallas "Welcome Wagon" for SB Visitors

I've been a Steelers fan since a kid, and I've lived in Dallas for about 30 years. I just want to wish anyone coming down here for the Super Bowl a warm welcome, like the one I got when I came to Pittsburgh to watch Super Bowl XLIII.

If there are any questions I can answer, or advice I can share with Steelers fans coming to Dallas for the big game, I'd be most happy to help out.

I just set up a gmail account, that I will kill after the Super Bowl. The address is cdsuperbowldallas@gmail.com. I'll try to check that email address a few times a day, and answer your questions about coming to Dallas for the Super Bowl.

I will be adding information on events and parties to this thread as I get them, and others are adding them, too. Check back regularly to see what's new.

CD

Last edited by caseydog; 01-25-2011 at 01:51 PM.
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:17 PM   #2
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,475 Times in 1,147 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: Dallas "Welcome Wagon" for SB Visitors

Great idea for a thread...I'm going to go ahead and sticky it for you. Thanks for helping!
Old 01-23-2011, 11:26 PM   #3
caseydog
Bench Warmer

I hope I don't regret this. LOL

But seriously, if anyone is coming to Dallas, I'll do what I can to help make it a good trip.

I'll try to come up with a FAQ to post on this thread by tomorrow. Airport/rental car tips, etc.

I really think you will find that you are not flying into hostile territory. It's going to be a PITA in some respects, because it is a huge event, but Dallas folks are really pretty nice people. Just be patient with them, because this event is going to be a major inconvenience for people living near Cowgirls Stadium.

CD
Old 01-23-2011, 11:27 PM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,099 Times in 4,593 Posts

is it true that all cowboys fans screw sheep down there, and they wear loose boots to stick the sheeps feet and ankles in?
Old 01-23-2011, 11:42 PM   #5
caseydog
Bench Warmer

A lot of my friends are Cowboys fans, and most of them are pretty normal. I keep an eye on a few of them.

CD
Old 01-24-2011, 12:18 AM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,099 Times in 4,593 Posts

lol... mine too, and i keep an eye on them as well, especially when im wearing white and my back is turned to those goat****ers.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:12 AM   #7
tube517
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1868

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
is it true that all cowboys fans screw sheep down there, and they wear loose boots to stick the sheeps feet and ankles in?
tube517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:22 AM   #8
wnyBob
Water Boy

Member Number: 17493

And I lived there for 12 years until 2009. I'll not make up an email address but if I can offer any insight I'd be happy to also. I am from Westeren PA and drove that trip a gazillion times in 12 years, so particularly if anyone is inclined to drive for a mini vacation I have good insight for that and times to plan on entering the metroplex and times to NOT plan on entering the metroplex from the East if driving. It's an easy drive but long, approx 17 hours from the burg probably. As a central point, use Columbus OH and it's 16 hours from Columbus. We lived a little North of Arlington between Dallas and Ft. Worth near the DFW airport. Ft. Worth is pretty easy to get around in even if you're flying and renting a car. I would rather go to the dentist than drive in Dallas lol. And Arlington will be insane on game day or any day during rush. I'd look for shuttles rather than take a vehicle to the game.

Anything else?
wnyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:23 AM   #9
bigbenz
Water Boy

Member Number: 17908

Love the Ben pic with the CHEESE...
Hey whats the parking like in the big D?
bigbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:15 AM   #10
wnyBob
Water Boy

Member Number: 17493

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenz View Post
Love the Ben pic with the CHEESE...
Hey whats the parking like in the big D?
Parking for? The game? Or to have your own car or a rental car for doing the tourist thing other than the game?

I'm pretty sure I read the Steelers HQ is in Ft. Worth and the Packer's HQ is in Dallas. The game of course is in Arlington which is between the two.

There is quite the competition for name recongnition and business between Dallas and Ft. Worth, so I'm sure using both cities for each team was a negotiated and planned deal. As well as you'll notice that the new Jerry Jones palace uses the name "Arlington" which is where it is located. Arlington probably pitched a fit when Jones may have wanted to name it either after the team "Dallas Cowboys" or like the old stadium "Texas Stadium". Arlington probably negotiated getting to use their name since it is located there and told Jerry it's Arlington or look for another site. lol Because the old Texas Stadium or Cowboys stadium wasn't in Dallas it was in Irving and Irving got slighted out of a lot of name recognition for that.

I'd seriously consider some shuttle or taxie or whatever for game parking. It will be nuts. There is just a LOT of traffic on top of event traffic. For tourist stuff, there is adequate parking generally to be found. pay of course. Ft. Worth is easier to get around in than Dallas, traffic wise. Getting to the Historic Stock Yards for instance is easy in Ft. Worth. It's just for out touring around in a car, I'd avoid having to be on the major routes after 4:00 PM and before say 6:30 - 7:00 PM like the plague. Unless you like sitting at idle for countless times.
wnyBob is offline   Reply With Quote