Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 01-25-2011, 01:05 AM   #11
skinart82
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3485
Default Re: There is a Steeler Way

Exactly how I was raised. I was brought home in a Willie Stargell outfit and Black and Gold have been our colors since day one. Now I raise my children the same way.
skinart82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:18 AM   #12
SeinfeldNut
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17822

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinart82 View Post
Exactly how I was raised. I was brought home in a Willie Stargell outfit and Black and Gold have been our colors since day one. Now I raise my children the same way.
Terrific, starting them early so they can grow and learn about the Steelers as they grow up.

Class, Integrity, Character
SeinfeldNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:26 AM   #13
saveus1011
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14643

My dad didn't have a team, he flipped between his childhood Packers and the Bengals (ironically.) My mother rooted for the Falcons because her family did (and they were the "home" team.) My brother rooted for the Broncos because he loved John Elway.

I've already said on here how I became a fan, and I'm at a point where I feel like I don't have to prove anything anymore. For a while, I felt pressured because I wasn't from the 'burgh and people (even my idiot cousin) labeled me a bandwagoner. The fact is, I know more about the Steelers than they likely do about their own franchise (i.e. - originally the Pirates, first game was a 23-2 loss, oh and Ernie F'N Stautner) and I always support them win or lose.

There is honestly no better feeling than being a Steelers fan. It has nothing to do with how many titles we have, how much success we've constantly had. It's because of the support we give the team.
saveus1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:40 AM   #14
SeinfeldNut
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saveus1011 View Post
My dad didn't have a team, he flipped between his childhood Packers and the Bengals (ironically.) My mother rooted for the Falcons because her family did (and they were the "home" team.) My brother rooted for the Broncos because he loved John Elway.

I've already said on here how I became a fan, and I'm at a point where I feel like I don't have to prove anything anymore. For a while, I felt pressured because I wasn't from the 'burgh and people (even my idiot cousin) labeled me a bandwagoner. The fact is, I know more about the Steelers than they likely do about their own franchise (i.e. - originally the Pirates, first game was a 23-2 loss, oh and Ernie F'N Stautner) and I always support them win or lose.

There is honestly no better feeling than being a Steelers fan. It has nothing to do with how many titles we have, how much success we've constantly had. It's because of the support we give the team.
Yeah, felt the same pressure from my family, my brother and parents saying to me how could you be a Steeler fan, your joining because they win allot of Super Bowls. I said to them its my decison & their is allot more reasons to why I became a Steelers fan, one of them being the traditions of the franchise, the great history, coaches, players and the blue collar identity this franchise exudes.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:51 AM   #15
Aussie Steeler
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17896

I rooted for the Steelers ever since 2004. The year Big Ben joined the NFL. Before this, I had not even heard of American Football. I didn't follow the Steelers through and through, and only started watching NFL on a regular basis the past two years (I'm recently 20, and am a HARD-OUT Rugby fan). I rooted for the Steelers because they were the first and only team I played with on Madden NFL, and it has stuck since. Some on forums may call me a bandwagoner, since I'm from Australia and really have no personal relationship with Pittsburgh (or any NFL team for the matter). I went for the Steelers because of the way Ben played the game, the way Bettis ran the ball and the hard smash mouth football that defined the Steelers. This was before I figured out they were such a decorated franchise. Six years on, I tune in at sometimes 4 am in the morning to watch games and miss work on Mondays occassionally to catch a big Steeler game (since Sunday games are on Monday in Aus).
Aussie Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:57 AM   #16
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Steeler View Post
Some on forums may call me a bandwagoner, since I'm from Australia and really have no personal relationship with Pittsburgh... I tune in at sometimes 4 am in the morning to watch games and miss work on Mondays occassionally to catch a big Steeler game.
"... THIS man is holding-down the South Pacific for us!!!

From this point-forward, NOBODY calls this man a 'band-wagoner', got-it???"
Old 01-25-2011, 01:58 AM   #17
SeinfeldNut
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Steeler View Post
I rooted for the Steelers ever since 2004. The year Big Ben joined the NFL. Before this, I had not even heard of American Football. I didn't follow the Steelers through and through, and only started watching NFL on a regular basis the past two years (I'm recently 20, and am a HARD-OUT Rugby fan). I rooted for the Steelers because they were the first and only team I played with on Madden NFL, and it has stuck since. Some on forums may call me a bandwagoner, since I'm from Australia and really have no personal relationship with Pittsburgh (or any NFL team for the matter). I went for the Steelers because of the way Ben played the game, the way Bettis ran the ball and the hard smash mouth football that defined the Steelers. This was before I figured out they were such a decorated franchise. Six years on, I tune in at sometimes 4 am in the morning to watch games and miss work on Mondays occassionally to catch a big Steeler game (since Sunday games are on Monday in Aus).
Thats called dedication people!!!

Old 01-25-2011, 10:22 AM   #18
deathrow821
Water Boy

Member Number: 17907

All of my friends have tried to label me as a bandwagon fan because I never rooted for the hometown team. But my Dad is a Cowboys fan living in the DC area, I was never allowed to root for the Redskins (hate them almost as much as the Ravens), but I love my Steelers and Penguins. Watch every game, pregame shows, you name it and I've either watched it or read it. Started watching the Steelers as a kid in the 1998 season, never looked back. Don't get me wrong, I'll root for the Pirates, but I'm a Cubs fan. Still haven't figured out which one is worse though.
deathrow821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:35 AM   #19
HinesWard86HOF
Water Boy

Member Number: 17952
Default the steeler way

i know this is a bit old ... but i just joined the chat.. and thanks to the moderators for getting me online so quickly. (still waitign for over a week for steelres.com) so thanks moderators !!! ....

it was great in the ravens game to see our steeler drafted brown and sanders play so well... while the guys the ravens spent big bucks on to win the division TJ and boldin dropped key passes... they tried to take the short cut and buy a championship while we did it the steeler way.. we EARNED IT !!!

hines ward forever !!!
HinesWard86HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:08 AM   #20
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315
Default Re: the steeler way

Welcome......GO HINES....

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote