Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-24-2011, 01:27 AM   #11
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648
Default Re: CNNSI Article-Ben got an A?

Quote:
Originally Posted by USWSteel View Post
I'm worried about his reality numbers... 10 completions and least 4 of those were terrible throws. The last few minutes of the 4th he had - 3 yards passing in the second half. He had key runs but no way do we beat green bay with another performance like that.
I'll bet. 24-19. How's that for reality? Rodgers didn't exactly light it up and threw two picks himself in Chicago.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:38 AM   #12
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

A couple things...

The first INT is on Mendenhall. I don't care what anyone says. Ben hit him in the hands and he didn't make the grab. Mendy had a great game otherwise, but that doesn't excuse this f*** up.

Pouncey went out on the first drive. Legursky is not a good replacement, and that fumble/safety was his fault. He chucked the ball out to his left.

Also, regarding that safety, the defense is just as much to blame for the offense. Kudos to them for making the goal-line stand, but if they had stopped the Jets earlier, then they could have kept their offense from being in that shitty situation.
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:40 AM   #13
Third Rail
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixburgher View Post
I'll bet. 24-19. How's that for reality? Rodgers didn't exactly light it up and threw two picks himself in Chicago.
THIS. Rodgers is an awesome QB, no doubt, but he has put up plenty of so-so performances this season as well. And today was no exception.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:45 AM   #14
USWSteel
Banned

Member Number: 17495

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Rail View Post
A couple things...

The first INT is on Mendenhall. I don't care what anyone says. Ben hit him in the hands and he didn't make the grab. Mendy had a great game otherwise, but that doesn't excuse this f*** up.

Pouncey went out on the first drive. Legursky is not a good replacement, and that fumble/safety was his fault. He chucked the ball out to his left.

Also, regarding that safety, the defense is just as much to blame for the offense. Kudos to them for making the goal-line stand, but if they had stopped the Jets earlier, then they could have kept their offense from being in that shitty situation.
Unreal your blaming bens fumble for a safety on the defense for making a goal line stop....... I've heard it all now! Seriously what are you smoking?
USWSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:03 AM   #15
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

Do any of the complainers stop to think that the Jets defense had the most to do with the second half? They were phenomenal when they had to be. This was not on Ben. He won the game for the Steelers by moving the ball in the first half and engineering that drive at the end of the game when it counted. It was not a GREAT performance but it was a GOOD performance.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:05 AM   #16
Third Rail
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by USWSteel View Post
Unreal your blaming bens fumble for a safety on the defense for making a goal line stop....... I've heard it all now! Seriously what are you smoking?
Yes, because it's so goddamned easy to throw or run the ball backed into your f***ing end zone. You're an idiot.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:12 AM   #17
USWSteel
Banned

Quote:
Yes, because it's so goddamned easy to throw or run the ball backed into your f***ing end zone. You're an idiot.
No you are for blaming it on the defense. I guess we can just expect a safety from now on if we get. the ball on the one yard line... you must have a big Ben poster on the ceiling above your bed.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:15 AM   #18
Third Rail
Team Captain

No, I'm just saying that the defense didn't do them any favors there. I'm glad they stopped them from getting the TD but if they hadn't blown it the previous time the Jets went for it on 4th down, then the safety never would have happened.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:19 AM   #19
USWSteel
Banned

Quote:
No, I'm just saying that the defense didn't do them any favors there. I'm glad they stopped them from getting the TD but if they hadn't blown it the previous time the Jets went for it on 4th down, then the safety never would have happened.
Tell that to James Harrison
Old 01-24-2011, 02:24 AM   #20
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

I've gotten on Ben a lot this year mostly for holding the ball too long but this was a GREAT performance tonight. Stop looking at just stats and understand that football is not just about yards and TD passes but also about time of possession and first downs.

He must have run for 3 or 4 first downs on his own. In addition, he converted clutch 3rd downs when needed. He threw a strike to mewelde on one play, and got two key third downs on the final drive to put it away. CLUTCH.

Ben made sure that the botched snap was not recovered by the Jets, something Flacco failed to do last week.
His long pass to Heath should have been ruled a catch and if Mendenhall did not slip, he would have gone into the end zone. But again, the moat important thing that Ben did tonight was move the chains, drain the clock and keep the ball out of the Jets hands. Fantasy football is done, stop looking at stats and watch the actual pulse of the game.

I would submit, this was his best game this year.
ETL is offline   Reply With Quote