Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-24-2011, 02:25 AM   #21
USWSteel
Banned

Member Number: 17495
Default Re: CNNSI Article-Ben got an A?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Rail View Post
A couple things...

The first INT is on Mendenhall. I don't care what anyone says. Ben hit him in the hands and he didn't make the grab. Mendy had a great game otherwise, but that doesn't excuse this f*** up.

Pouncey went out on the first drive. Legursky is not a good replacement, and that fumble/safety was his fault. He chucked the ball out to his left.

Also, regarding that safety, the defense is just as much to blame for the offense. Kudos to them for making the goal-line stand, but if they had stopped the Jets earlier, then they could have kept their offense from being in that shitty situation.

And as far as Pouncey goes if Ben hits a wide open miller in stride instead of the piss poor throw he makes miller waltzs into the end zone and Pouncey never gets hurt. So using your logic I blame Ben for Pouncey getting hurt!
USWSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:38 AM   #22
USWSteel
Banned

Member Number: 17495

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post
I've gotten on Ben a lot this year mostly for holding the ball too long but this was a GREAT performance tonight. Stop looking at just stats and understand that football is not just about yards and TD passes but also about time of possession and first downs.

He must have run for 3 or 4 first downs on his own. In addition, he converted clutch 3rd downs when needed. He threw a strike to mewelde on one play, and got two key third downs on the final drive to put it away. CLUTCH.

Ben made sure that the botched snap was not recovered by the Jets, something Flacco failed to do last week.
His long pass to Heath should have been ruled a catch and if Mendenhall did not slip, he would have gone into the end zone. But again, the moat important thing that Ben did tonight was move the chains, drain the clock and keep the ball out of the Jets hands. Fantasy football is done, stop looking at stats and watch the actual pulse of the game.

I would submit, this was his best game this year.
Again ben made a terbible pass on that play to mendy.... he had to turn almost completely around to make the catch. Yeah he slipped that's on him. But if the ball is on the money he's in the endzone. Ben made a lot of plays with his legs no doubt... but 10 completions is joke and half of those were great catches. His last two passes easily could have went the other way. He got a win that's all that counts but overall he looked bad. How much less can we get out of the qb and still win?
USWSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:21 AM   #23
pitt0wns
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15034

Ben's numbers were low because Mendy was running all over them and that shows with 19 attempts.

He played a great game I think. His stats aren't great cause Mendy was running all over them. Those INT's weren't bad either.

The throw to Mendy wasn't the best but if I remember he had to get it over the line and Mendy should've caught it.

The INT down the field on 3rd and long was just like a punt and Ben knew that. Go downfield and try to get the TD or punt it.

yall are clowns saying Ben played a bad game
pitt0wns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:55 AM   #24
DanRooney
Banned

Member Number: 16248

Ben gets an A for the first half.

Then proceeds to get a D for the second. I think that averages out to a C+/B-.
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:03 AM   #25
zsheik22
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9466

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Rail View Post
No, I'm just saying that the defense didn't do them any favors there. I'm glad they stopped them from getting the TD but if they hadn't blown it the previous time the Jets went for it on 4th down, then the safety never would have happened.

James harrison didnt fumble the snap and Troy Polamalu didnt make a bad one.... The defense had an awesome goal line stop and gave the jets 0 points. You're out of your mind right now.
zsheik22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:38 AM   #26
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Ben was shaky ....throwing the ball. But he showed why he is a winner. He showed why, unlike Brady and Manning he can win when he is having a "sub par" game. He can make plays when everything breaks down around him. That is what earns him an A.
The real NFL isn't FFL or Madden, it's what we saw from Ben and the rest of the guys.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:48 AM   #27
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

I think Ben played a good game. Not worth an A by any stretch on the imagination but good game nonetheless, worth a B-, IMO.
He was playing the Jets, not Carolina.
His first pick was not on him at all. The second, 100% on him and there could have been a 3rd when he threw in the end zone late in the 3rd quarter. I'm still wondering who the heck he was trying to throw the ball to. He also fumbled 2 snaps which at this level is awful.
I attribute it to the fact that he was wearing gloves ........... maybe I'm generous here.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:17 AM   #28
caseyviator
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17468

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWK View Post
Ben's play brought the W when it mattered. Stop trying to overanalyze everything to death.

this is a great post..all these guys always wanna tear ben down....dont u guys get it. without ben we dont win this game or most of the past big games..his 2 ints didnt even matter, one was on 4th down for a 2 yd loss, the other one was a good punt.

we dont win this game without bens intangibles
ben A
caseyviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:22 AM   #29
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyviator View Post
this is a great post..all these guys always wanna tear ben down....dont u guys get it. without ben we dont win this game or most of the past big games..his 2 ints didnt even matter, one was on 4th down for a 2 yd loss, the other one was a good punt.

we dont win this game without bens intangibles
ben A
Stop it with your "punt". It was 2nd and 11. WTF?
Ben's 3rd down passes to Miller and Brown at the end of the game were great and they definitely sealed the W. Very gutsy calls, especially the pass to Miller cause there wasn't much room to throw the ball.

I asked you this question in another post: Are you Ben's fiancee? Just curious. lol
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:24 AM   #30
tube517
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1868

10-2 in the playoffs. Enough said.
tube517 is offline   Reply With Quote