Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-23-2011, 11:38 PM   #1
lexingtonsteelersfan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17590
Default Hope LeBeau can come up with a strategy to stop Rodgers

Rodgers is my biggest worry and he seems to be even tougher on turf because he can use his feet and quickness. Ben actually may be better suited for grass but Rodgers will thrive indoor and on a fast turf running away from defenders. We have to find a way to get to Rodgers in this game early and get some hits on him to make him think. We also have to contain him when he gets out of the pocket. Lebeau has his hands full but i am sure we will watch film and get a great game plan. Plus Rodgers is due a bad game isn't he? But regardless we have to pressure him and make sure when we have a chance to get him down get him down. The key to the game is making Rodgers feel uncomfortable and everything else can and will fall into place.
lexingtonsteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:47 PM   #2
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775
Default Re: Hope LeBeau can come up with a strategy to stop Rodgers

thank you. that's what i was trying to say over in another thread. AR is quick on carpet.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:48 PM   #3
SeinfeldNut
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17822

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexingtonsteelersfan View Post
Rodgers is my biggest worry and he seems to be even tougher on turf because he can use his feet and quickness. Ben actually may be better suited for grass but Rodgers will thrive indoor and on a fast turf running away from defenders. We have to find a way to get to Rodgers in this game early and get some hits on him to make him think. We also have to contain him when he gets out of the pocket. Lebeau has his hands full but i am sure we will watch film and get a great game plan. Plus Rodgers is due a bad game isn't he? But regardless we have to pressure him and make sure when we have a chance to get him down get him down. The key to the game is making Rodgers feel uncomfortable and everything else can and will fall into place.
Yep, because Rodgers if he is contained, will get happy feet and rush a throw off. Bears were able to get to him a few times today, make him have to worry about pressure coming from all sides. Steelers will, like you said, have to establish that right away in this game.

Class, Integrity, Character
SeinfeldNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:51 PM   #4
sarahpalinhater
Banned

Member Number: 17609

I don't care about stopping Rodgers. I care about stopping the PACKERS! And I will love to see how Aaron is gonna run away from Timmons. I mean name another LB who is close to Timmons athleticsm and speed ?
Also, we have played two of the leagues BEST Pass-protecting O-Lines in Baltimore and the Jets..I mean great ones. Lets see how the Packers O-Line does in a Super Bowl game when they are nervous, and where not ONE single Packer player has ever even played in a SB game.
sarahpalinhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:56 PM   #5
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,141 Times in 2,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahpalinhater View Post
And I will love to see how Aaron is gonna run away from Timmons. I mean name another LB who is close to Timmons athleticsm and speed ?
brian urlacher?

Old 01-23-2011, 11:57 PM   #6
mcg24
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17631

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
brian urlacher?
Athleticism? Maybe. Speed? Definitely not. If it was Lawrence Timmons running with that interception in the NFC Championship game today, he runs it all the way back for the score.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:04 AM   #7
sarahpalinhater
Banned

Member Number: 17609

Tony, you're going by reputation. Urlacher is sub-par athletically now. I mean he was David Harris out there running that pick back ? Timmons is Mike Wallace fast on the defensive side. Rodgers will get some angles to get some yards yes. But if he does it too much, he will be creamed.
sarahpalinhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:06 AM   #8
toughsticks87
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14874

The key to beating the Packers will lie in time of possession. Keep the ball out of AR's hands.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:10 AM   #9
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Rogers will have success against the Steelers defense... Practicing against a Dom Capers defense will have him ready for the Steelers. But will he score 36 points? No, I think the Steelers will hold him to under 30, but Ben and Mendy have to play very good because this wont be some 17-14 type game. More like 28-31

"To win a game, first you have to not lose the game" - John Madden
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:10 AM   #10
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

They way you beat the packers is by running the ball and containing Rogers. This will neutralize their pass rush and prevent Rogers from making big runs. The Packers offense thrives on the quick 10-20 yard pass plays to Jennings along w/ Rogers running for 1st downs.

They lost to the bears today because #1 they allowed Rogers to run on them. #2 They could not establish any offense to keep the Packers off the field.

Those two factors decided that game.

We should be able to score some points and eat up some clock on the Packers. Containing Rogers and the big plays will be another issues all together. But it will take a better game from Ben then we saw today. I think the Jets did expose Arians a little bit. They removed Wallace from that game and Ben struggled with that.

Also protecting Ben. The bears did a great JOB imo keeping Mathews from taking over that game. The Bears horrible QB play really made it tough to take much from that game. The Packers playmakers on defense ( mathews and Woodson) can take a game over. We cannot let that happen.

The bears defense though did figure out how to contain Rogers. Sure Rogers put up some big yards offensively in the 1st half. After that it was the Bears defense. It was the Bears QB play that really cost them in the 2nd half.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote