Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-24-2011, 12:12 AM   #11
sarahpalinhater
Banned

Member Number: 17609
Default Re: Hope LeBeau can come up with a strategy to stop Rodgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
Rogers will have success against the Steelers defense... Practicing against a Dom Capers defense will have him ready for the Steelers. But will he score 36 points? No, I think the Steelers will hold him to under 30, but Ben and Mendy have to play very good because this wont be some 17-14 type game. More like 28-31

They scored 21 each against the Bears and the Eagles. And you think they're gonna get near 30 on us ?
sarahpalinhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:18 AM   #12
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahpalinhater View Post
They scored 21 each against the Bears and the Eagles. And you think they're gonna get near 30 on us ?
Bears play them 2 times a year, they know Rogers and that offense.. And Rogers should have had 28 points against them, but he threw 2 touchdowns in bears terrortory.

All out blitzing a quarterback like Rogers who takes more sacks than most quarterbacks will end up in 21 points like the Eagles held them to, but the Steelers don't all out blitz. Plus these are way different defenses.

Packers have good recievers, a running back who has shown he's a beast, and an all star quarterback who can win in the playoffs. They have the ability to do to the Steelers what the Patriots did. And everyone knows that if a team starts passing a lot, LeBeau goes into prevent defense mode, and we all know how well that ends up...

But it could be 9-6... I'm just throwing some fuel into the arguement. To say its doubtful that Rogers could score against the Steelers defense would be way too optimistic

"To win a game, first you have to not lose the game" - John Madden
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:22 AM   #13
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

Quote:
Bears play them 2 times a year, they know Rogers and that offense.. And Rogers should have had 28 points against them, but he threw 2 touchdowns in bears terrortory.

All out blitzing a quarterback like Rogers who takes more sacks than most quarterbacks will end up in 21 points like the Eagles held them to, but the Steelers don't all out blitz. Plus these are way different defenses.

Packers have good recievers, a running back who has shown he's a beast, and an all star quarterback who can win in the playoffs. They have the ability to do to the Steelers what the Patriots did. And everyone knows that if a team starts passing a lot, LeBeau goes into prevent defense mode, and we all know how well that ends up...

But it could be 9-6... I'm just throwing some fuel into the arguement. To say its doubtful that Rogers could score against the Steelers defense would be way too optimistic
rogers will put up some yards on us. DL's philosophy has always been "bend but don't break" We'll give Rogers his quick 5 yard passes. What we will try to contain are those big runs by Jennings (after the catch) and Rogers when he can't find Jennings. Rogers is much like Brady in that he''ll get rid of that ball quickly against blitzing defenses.

Capers knows our weaknesses. I think it will be up to Ben and our offense to keep Rogers off the field and score points. We will need more then 24 points to win this game. My guess is we'll need over 30 to win it.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:34 AM   #14
sarahpalinhater
Banned

Quote:

What RB do they have ? Please son, what that kid has done against those Bums they have played is not us. As far as the Bears knowing them, then what is your excuse for his average stats against Miami, Washington...? Look, the guy is good of course. But just like we had trouble in the first Jets game in the Red zone cause our reliable short area threat in Miller was out. So to do I THINK that even IF Rodgers moves the ball within the 20 to 20 Yd line,,,what TE is gonna bail out Rodgers ?

They have none. And Finely was the KILLER of our defense in last years game. Neson, Jennings, Driver,,all those guys will be useless in a tight Red Zone area. And they don't have a good RB who can catch it either. I think Green Bay should worry about a plan to stop Harrison and Woodley, and all the rest of the steeler defenders who HAVE played in the Big game.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:51 AM   #15
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Quote:
What RB do they have ? Please son, what that kid has done against those Bums they have played is not us. As far as the Bears knowing them, then what is your excuse for his average stats against Miami, Washington...? Look, the guy is good of course. But just like we had trouble in the first Jets game in the Red zone cause our reliable short area threat in Miller was out. So to do I THINK that even IF Rodgers moves the ball within the 20 to 20 Yd line,,,what TE is gonna bail out Rodgers ?

They have none. And Finely was the KILLER of our defense in last years game. Neson, Jennings, Driver,,all those guys will be useless in a tight Red Zone area. And they don't have a good RB who can catch it either. I think Green Bay should worry about a plan to stop Harrison and Woodley, and all the rest of the steeler defenders who HAVE played in the Big game.
I remember when we faced the Patriots after the Browns loss. They were lackluster, they were bearly winning games, only put up 17 points on the browns, an average of like 20 a season, very low. Most steeler fans were confident the Steelers would win. It wasn't even like 60/40 it was like 95/5. But look how that turned out. Everyone started questioning the season. But now we're in the superbowl. I'm not complaining, but just because you're really confident and you know the team were facing has been lackluster doesn't mean that the Steelers could be the team they just have a huge day against.

"To win a game, first you have to not lose the game" - John Madden
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:26 AM   #16
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeinfeldNut View Post
Yep, because Rodgers if he is contained, will get happy feet and rush a throw off. Bears were able to get to him a few times today, make him have to worry about pressure coming from all sides. Steelers will, like you said, have to establish that right away in this game.
Yup. If you keep Rogers in the pocket and nobody gets open, sometimes Rogers will force it. Don't let him outside. Te Bears shut him down for the second half. After the 14, he couldn't do anything. If our defense can hold them to 24 points, that's good. I really think the O should aim for 27 points.

The other thing is, just like this week, if the defense gets a fumble or INT, they should try to score and not feel satisfied.

If Jennings gets shut down, Rogers is not as good. I'd like to see Ike man to man on Jennings. He totally shut Santonio down except the one time he tripped. As good as Driver, Jones and Nelson are, Rogers can't survive with those guys alone.

Once Rogers throws a couple of picks, then he tends to hold on to the ball and get sacked.

The main thing I don't want is Swiss Cheese Pass defense. I hope Troy will hang around Jennings, a pick will come sooner or later.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:34 AM   #17
SteelKnight
Team President

The Packers are beatable. We just need to study.
Held to
-17 against bears
-13 against redskins
-20 against Dolphins
-9 against Jets
-17 against falcons
-3 against Detroit (Rogers got knocked out)
-10 against bears

That's 7 games so they don't always have the same Scoring like they had with the Falcons. In addition when the Eagles settled down, they almost beat them and when the Bears settled down, the offense was held to 14 points.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:35 AM   #18
sarahpalinhater
Banned

Jennings is tough. I imagine Ike will take him. I don't really wanna see Mcfadden play cause he has been horrible. But if he does, I think he will take the slower Vet Driver. The BIG challange for us will be if Gay can take Jordy Nelson...that will be huge. I find it funny though that in this game...WE will actually have the Special teams advantage over Green Bay :-) Cause they are not good at all.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:48 AM   #19
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Jennings is tough. I imagine Ike will take him. I don't really wanna see Mcfadden play cause he has been horrible. But if he does, I think he will take the slower Vet Driver. The BIG challange for us will be if Gay can take Jordy Nelson...that will be huge. I find it funny though that in this game...WE will actually have the Special teams advantage over Green Bay :-) Cause they are not good at all.
I see Gay on either Jones or Nelson. They run a lot of 4 WR sets so Hampton may have a lot of rest...lol They will start out trying to run and try to stick with it but they will be unsuccessful.

Here's the thing...with Finley out and their back up sucking, they can run 4 WR and no TE. At minimum they will have 3WR every play.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:50 AM   #20
SteelKnight
Team President

I want to look at some film of Baltimore because I don't think Ngata comes out in their nickel. Maybe they just take one of the DEs or LBs out.

I almost really consider Gay a starter now because 3 WR sets are so common and nobody wants to tie up their safeties.

Also, Bulaga has been struggling so that could be a good day for Woodley or it may force them to use their TE as an extra blocker. They even flat out put out an extra tackle on some plays. lol