Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 01-24-2011, 02:07 AM   #21
arodisgod
Water Boy

Member Number: 17904
Default Re: Hope LeBeau can come up with a strategy to stop Rodgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahpalinhater View Post
They scored 21 each against the Bears and the Eagles. And you think they're gonna get near 30 on us ?
the game last year where the pack scored 36 or so wasnt enough? anyways yes i am a packer fan but i come in peace. i think this is going to go down as one of the best super bowls ever. two teams that have stellar defenses and offenses. i dont think it will be a shootout like last year tho. both are very different teams now, alot better on defense. also take into account that rodgers is one of the best dome qbs i have ever seen. he is good in the cold but better in domes.
arodisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:14 AM   #22
arodisgod
Water Boy

Quote:
What RB do they have ? Please son, what that kid has done against those Bums they have played is not us. As far as the Bears knowing them, then what is your excuse for his average stats against Miami, Washington...? Look, the guy is good of course. But just like we had trouble in the first Jets game in the Red zone cause our reliable short area threat in Miller was out. So to do I THINK that even IF Rodgers moves the ball within the 20 to 20 Yd line,,,what TE is gonna bail out Rodgers ?

They have none. And Finely was the KILLER of our defense in last years game. Neson, Jennings, Driver,,all those guys will be useless in a tight Red Zone area. And they don't have a good RB who can catch it either. I think Green Bay should worry about a plan to stop Harrison and Woodley, and all the rest of the steeler defenders who HAVE played in the Big game.
we have quarless, i know he is not well known yet as he is just a rookie. BUT he is a damn fine football player if you have the chance to watch all his games this year as i have. he is not the beast that finley is, but i think that the finley injury was the best thing to happen to gb. he was becoming rodgers lock on target, he would just lock onto finley and not give jennings or the other good recievers they have a chance. now he spreads the ball around to multiple targets

about the second paragraph, we have many weapons on offense, from rodgers to starks. they have the best wr corp in the game by far. and rodgers can run it in himself as u guys already know. And yes the steelers have been there and done that twice this decade (kudos btw) but expirense in the big game isnt always an advantage. we havent won it in 15+ years and i think we want it more. but as i said it will be a good game non to less. also not trying to bash the steelers in any way, i have alot of respect for the steeler fans and football team. but go pack!
Old 01-24-2011, 02:21 AM   #23
arodisgod
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKnight View Post
The Packers are beatable. We just need to study.
Held to
-17 against bears
-13 against redskins
-20 against Dolphins
-9 against Jets
-17 against falcons
-3 against Detroit (Rogers got knocked out)
-10 against bears

That's 7 games so they don't always have the same Scoring like they had with the Falcons. In addition when the Eagles settled down, they almost beat them and when the Bears settled down, the offense was held to 14 points.
u have to take into account the circumstances in those games we lost tho. we have 15 players on ir this year.

-17 against bears - 26 penalties, should have been a w
-13 against redskins - finley goes out, lost in ot
-20 against Dolphins - rodgers was playing a week after getting his 1st concussion
-9 against Jets - 50 mph wind gust, neither team could throw
-17 against falcons - bs ST flag with under a min left in 4th
-10 against bears - very cold day in lambeau field, not ideal passing conditions but still got the W

all but one of these games was a L. not trying to make excuses but they are facts. rodgers is in the top 3 qbs in the league, he can run on ya and he can pass on ya. i hope the steelers dont like to blitz because AR has a very quick release and is the best QB under the blitz. he will shred the blitz.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:23 AM   #24
sarahpalinhater
Banned

Member Number: 17609

Quote:
Originally Posted by arodisgod View Post
u have to take into account the circumstances in those games we lost tho. we have 15 players on ir this year.

-17 against bears - 26 penalties, should have been a w
-13 against redskins - finley goes out, lost in ot
-20 against Dolphins - rodgers was playing a week after getting his 1st concussion
-9 against Jets - 50 mph wind gust, neither team could throw
-17 against falcons - bs ST flag with under a min left in 4th
-10 against bears - very cold day in lambeau field, not ideal passing conditions but still got the W

all but one of these games was a L. not trying to make excuses but they are facts. rodgers is in the top 3 qbs in the league, he can run on ya and he can pass on ya. i hope the steelers dont like to blitz because AR has a very quick release and is the best QB under the blitz. he will shred the blitz.

Trust me kid, you DON'T wanna start talking about Injuries with us and our team, cause your teams Injuries don't come close
sarahpalinhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:30 AM   #25
arodisgod
Water Boy

Quote:
Trust me kid, you DON'T wanna start talking about Injuries with us and our team, cause your teams Injuries don't come close
okay, i will take your best shot
Old 01-24-2011, 02:34 AM   #26
arodisgod
Water Boy

56 Nick Barnett ILB (IR) starter
-- Josh Bell CB (IR)
42 Morgan Burnett SS (IR) starter
54 Brandon Chillar ILB (IR) starter
88 Jermichael Finley TE (IR) starter
25 Ryan Grant RB (IR) starter
91 Justin Harrell DE (IR)
41 Spencer Havner TE (IR)
97 Johnny Jolly DE (Susp.) starter
59 Brad Jones OLB (IR) starter
29 Derrick Martin FS (IR)
96 Mike Neal DE (IR) starter
74 Marshall Newhouse G/T (IR)
51 Brady Poppinga OLB (IR) starter
27 Anthony Smith FS (IR)
65 Mark Tauscher OT (IR) starter

plus you have the starters that missed games here and there all year like cullen jenkins, chad clifton, aaron rodgers, and many more.

steelers have what 6 on IR, and how many of those where major contributers and starters?
Old 01-24-2011, 03:00 AM   #27
dez09231
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11142

Quote:
Originally Posted by arodisgod View Post
56 Nick Barnett ILB (IR) starter
-- Josh Bell CB (IR)
42 Morgan Burnett SS (IR) starter
54 Brandon Chillar ILB (IR) starter
88 Jermichael Finley TE (IR) starter
25 Ryan Grant RB (IR) starter
91 Justin Harrell DE (IR)
41 Spencer Havner TE (IR)
97 Johnny Jolly DE (Susp.) starter
59 Brad Jones OLB (IR) starter
29 Derrick Martin FS (IR)
96 Mike Neal DE (IR) starter
74 Marshall Newhouse G/T (IR)
51 Brady Poppinga OLB (IR) starter
27 Anthony Smith FS (IR)
65 Mark Tauscher OT (IR) starter

plus you have the starters that missed games here and there all year like cullen jenkins, chad clifton, aaron rodgers, and many more.

steelers have what 6 on IR, and how many of those where major contributers and starters?

The Packers have injuries. . . they do. . no doubt, they've overcome alot. . . . but seriously. . . let's stop being childish. .

. ok. . .

Baluga has been better than Tauscher almost since he was drafted. . . anyone who knows football can see that. . . he would've been starting regardless.

Anothony Smith? Bro. . . you're on a Steelers forum. . . . . maybe you should rethink who you're talking to. . . we know Mr. Guarantee better than you ever will. .

Poppinga = not a starter. Nice try kid.

Marshall Newhouse. . . really?. . . we lose actual o-line players that we counted on before the season started.

Mike Neal? Man. . . I bet you guys are missing all 3 tackles from the unproven rookie. . . another fabrication of yours. . .

Derrick Martin. . . damn. . . losing a 3rd string safety is a bitch.

Brad Jones. . . 5 games, 16 tackles. . . . . OFFENSIVE MINDS STAYED UP ALL NIGHT. . .

Jolly = maybe he should stop being a junkie.

Should I really continue or should I just save time and say that pretty much no one aside from Finley and Grant are relevant?

You reallllly have no idea what you're talking about.
dez09231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:01 AM   #28
ncsteeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 17348

Quote:
I don't care about stopping Rodgers. I care about stopping the PACKERS! And I will love to see how Aaron is gonna run away from Timmons. I mean name another LB who is close to Timmons athleticsm and speed ?
Also, we have played two of the leagues BEST Pass-protecting O-Lines in Baltimore and the Jets..I mean great ones. Lets see how the Packers O-Line does in a Super Bowl game when they are nervous, and where not ONE single Packer player has ever even played in a SB game.

KUHN??
ncsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:42 AM   #29
arodisgod
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dez09231 View Post
The Packers have injuries. . . they do. . no doubt, they've overcome alot. . . . but seriously. . . let's stop being childish. .

. ok. . .

Baluga has been better than Tauscher almost since he was drafted. . . anyone who knows football can see that. . . he would've been starting regardless.

Anothony Smith? Bro. . . you're on a Steelers forum. . . . . maybe you should rethink who you're talking to. . . we know Mr. Guarantee better than you ever will. .

Poppinga = not a starter. Nice try kid.

Marshall Newhouse. . . really?. . . we lose actual o-line players that we counted on before the season started.

Mike Neal? Man. . . I bet you guys are missing all 3 tackles from the unproven rookie. . . another fabrication of yours. . .

Derrick Martin. . . damn. . . losing a 3rd string safety is a bitch.

Brad Jones. . . 5 games, 16 tackles. . . . . OFFENSIVE MINDS STAYED UP ALL NIGHT. . .

Jolly = maybe he should stop being a junkie.

Should I really continue or should I just save time and say that pretty much no one aside from Finley and Grant are relevant?

You reallllly have no idea what you're talking about.

you cant even spell bulaga right lol, no he is a rookie and has made many rookie mistakes this year, the coaches have been giving him blocking help all season.

never said anthony smith was special, just that he is on IR, i never said he contributed on defense, but he did on ST

poppinga is a starting caliber player, we are so deep at lb he may have become a backup, but got alot of play non to less.

newhouse, nope never said he was special either, just that he is on IR. but he does add depth when healthy

mike neal was a beast, he is so strong. i saw him man handle alot of offensive lineman this year when he played. he pushes them straight back into the pocket, and puts alot of pressure on the qb.

derrick martin was a very good ST player. what ST dont count or what? and again added depth

brad jones had a short season, he is a starter and he was a very good one for us last year.

jolly is a good football player that made a mistake, kinda like your QB

barnett is a pro bowl caliber LB and has been for years

burnett is a promising rookie that showed he has what it takes to be elite

chillar is one of the most athletic players the packers have.

dont tell me i dont know what im talking about when it comes the the team i watch every single snap from pre season to now. i know this team inside out, and i know who's good and whos not. so i think you got to get off of wikipedia and watch some film.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:48 AM   #30
arodisgod
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsteeler View Post
KUHN??
practice squad player for the entire 2005 season, never played in the super bowl.