Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-24-2011, 08:12 AM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,235 Times in 3,617 Posts
Default Holmes upset with Jets offensive coordinator

Well so much for the new and improved Santonio Holmes not being a pain in the neck to deal with anymore

Holmes upset with Jets offensive coordinator

Santonio Holmes came back to Pittsburgh with a chance for revenge, to lead his new club past his old one en route to the Super Bowl.

But after his Jets' 24-19 AFC Championship loss, the only thing he was left with was anger -- seething over the loss, and seeming even angrier at offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer.

Gang Green fell behind 24-3 in the first half, before Holmes' 45-yard touchdown catch sparked a huge second-half rally that fell short. But he'd been on the bench early in the game during the Jets' slow start. When asked about it, a visibly-vexed Holmes deflected all questions to Schottenheimer

"As you can see, I watched from the sideline the first couple plays, so I don't know," said Holmes.

When asked why he was on the sidelines and not in the game, Holmes replied: "Ask Coach Schottenheimer what was the reason behind that.

"Ask Coach Schottenheimer. I just had to go with the gameplan. That's the way things were called, and that's what I had to do."

When asked whether the coaching staff had given him any indication in advance that he wouldn't be in the starting lineup, Holmes said: "Ask Coach Schottenheimer what happened. He'll explain everything to you. I don't have an answer for that."

As an impending free agent, it begs the question of whether Holmes will be back. He spent four tempestuous seasons in Pittsburgh, known for making both big plays and big trouble.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...ArK6K7RVtfAN8M
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:18 AM   #2
tube517
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1868
Default Re: Holmes upset with Jets offensive coordinator

We got a new "Tone". Antonio Brown.
tube517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:18 AM   #3
SeinfeldNut
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17822

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Well so much for the new and improved Santonio Holmes not being a pain in the neck to deal with anymore

Holmes upset with Jets offensive coordinator

Santonio Holmes came back to Pittsburgh with a chance for revenge, to lead his new club past his old one en route to the Super Bowl.

But after his Jets' 24-19 AFC Championship loss, the only thing he was left with was anger -- seething over the loss, and seeming even angrier at offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer.

Gang Green fell behind 24-3 in the first half, before Holmes' 45-yard touchdown catch sparked a huge second-half rally that fell short. But he'd been on the bench early in the game during the Jets' slow start. When asked about it, a visibly-vexed Holmes deflected all questions to Schottenheimer

"As you can see, I watched from the sideline the first couple plays, so I don't know," said Holmes.

When asked why he was on the sidelines and not in the game, Holmes replied: "Ask Coach Schottenheimer what was the reason behind that.

"Ask Coach Schottenheimer. I just had to go with the gameplan. That's the way things were called, and that's what I had to do."

When asked whether the coaching staff had given him any indication in advance that he wouldn't be in the starting lineup, Holmes said: "Ask Coach Schottenheimer what happened. He'll explain everything to you. I don't have an answer for that."

As an impending free agent, it begs the question of whether Holmes will be back. He spent four tempestuous seasons in Pittsburgh, known for making both big plays and big trouble.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...ArK6K7RVtfAN8M
When its 24-3 and you have no running game, hard to keep throwing it to just one player and expect to move the ball down the field without having one of those passes picked off. Nice to send him home with a loss.

Class, Integrity, Character
SeinfeldNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:48 AM   #4
El Nino
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17899

locker room cancer. anyone else glad we got rid of him now?
El Nino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:53 AM   #5
SeinfeldNut
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17822

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
Very happy about getting rid of him, now we have young WRS who just come to work and make the big plays.

Class, Integrity, Character
SeinfeldNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:59 AM   #6
TOOLofSTEEL
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17096

He should be bitching more about Rex not calling for them to kick onside with 3minutes to go. And then burning all his timeouts prior to the 2minute warning destroying any chance of scoring had they got the ball back.

What is it with Wide Receivers being pissy, attention *****s?
TOOLofSTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:00 AM   #7
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
addition-through-subtraction
Old 01-24-2011, 09:05 AM   #8
CargoJon
Starter

Member Number: 4796

Santonio should be more pissed he couldn't put down the reefer that led to his exit from the 'Burgh. Otherwise he may be going for ring #2 in 2 weeks.
CargoJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:27 AM   #9
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Once again......great move for the Steelers getting rid of him and good move by Jets getting him. Winning decision on both sides.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:33 AM   #10
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205

Quote:
no, I don't remember him causing problems as a player when he was playing for us

he's mouthing off now because he's on a team that basically encourages mouthing off instead of being humble
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote