Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-24-2011, 05:33 PM   #1
Heeeeeeeath
Water Boy

Member Number: 17172
Default 2 random notes

- The Jets lost to us this year and the Colts last year in the AFC title game. Also, 2 years ago when the Steelers beat the Ravens in the AFC Title game, Rex Ryan was still the Defensive Co-ordinator of the Ravens. So, Rex Ryan has lost 3 straight AFC title games. He's becoming the AFC version of Andy Reid, and the Jets could be on their way to becoming the AFC version of theEagles. lol, just something funny I thought of.

- More importantly. I looked at the box score from the Packers-Bears game. Matt Forte had 10 catches for 90 yards. I watched the game also and it was clear they had no answer for him. Pay attention, Arians. lets get Mendenhall the ball in space and let him go to work. Especially with our OL vs. the Packers' front 7... We probably won't be able to run on GB like we did NY... so we gotta get Mendy involved in the passing game. Can't let that beast go to waste!

Heeeeeeeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:37 PM   #2
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850
Default Re: 2 random notes

Well if thats true, 4th time would be the charm... Next year Rex Ryan will win and get to the superbowl only to get beaten by the.... Eagles and Andy Reid.. Or the Giants... a New York superbowl would be pretty awesome. (2 teams from the same state have played each other in the superbowl once in the past, Bills and the Giants)

"To win a game, first you have to not lose the game" - John Madden
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:41 PM   #3
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,261 Times in 4,117 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

The Jets had the 3rd ranked run defense though, so I'm not too worried about running against the Packers.

I do completely agree though about getting Mendenhall the ball in space. We need something to go to when Ben is looking at a big blitz. The Steelers need to develop that option. That could really help our offense out.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:09 PM   #4
SeinfeldNut
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17822

That is amazing, and who knows when he and the Jets get back to the AFC Title game, an injury to a key player, a bounce of the ball goes against them, could end their year in the wild card or divisional.

Class, Integrity, Character
SeinfeldNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:19 PM   #5
Neil-Still-Rules-14
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1048
Thanked 1,045 Times in 439 Posts

I'm sorry but if Caleb Hanie can drive and score on you, that should be a red flag.
Neil-Still-Rules-14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:24 PM   #6
sarahpalinhater
Banned

Member Number: 17609

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
The Jets had the 3rd ranked run defense though, so I'm not too worried about running against the Packers.

I do completely agree though about getting Mendenhall the ball in space. We need something to go to when Ben is looking at a big blitz. The Steelers need to develop that option. That could really help our offense out.

There is an old saying,,,,that was then...this is NOW!! And as of right now, meanning the playoffs,,,where is Green Bay ranked in Run Defense ?
sarahpalinhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:16 PM   #7
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,261 Times in 4,117 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahpalinhater View Post
There is an old saying,,,,that was then...this is NOW!! And as of right now, meanning the playoffs,,,where is Green Bay ranked in Run Defense ?
about 15 yards a game behind us. that puts them in last place.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:47 PM   #8
Merchant
Team Captain

Member Number: 15019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heeeeeeeath View Post
- The Jets lost to us this year and the Colts last year in the AFC title game. Also, 2 years ago when the Steelers beat the Ravens in the AFC Title game, Rex Ryan was still the Defensive Co-ordinator of the Ravens. So, Rex Ryan has lost 3 straight AFC title games. He's becoming the AFC version of Andy Reid, and the Jets could be on their way to becoming the AFC version of theEagles. lol, just something funny I thought of.

- More importantly. I looked at the box score from the Packers-Bears game. Matt Forte had 10 catches for 90 yards. I watched the game also and it was clear they had no answer for him. Pay attention, Arians. lets get Mendenhall the ball in space and let him go to work. Especially with our OL vs. the Packers' front 7... We probably won't be able to run on GB like we did NY... so we gotta get Mendy involved in the passing game. Can't let that beast go to waste!

The Jets run D is way better than the Packers run D. Forte had quite a bit of success against them. No reason why Mendy couldn't. Although I agree we should get the ball more to Mendy in space. It seems like everytime he gets a pass in the flats he turns it into a 15+ yard gain.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:10 AM   #9
Men of Steel
Team Captain

Member Number: 13746
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merchant View Post
The Jets run D is way better than the Packers run D. Forte had quite a bit of success against them. No reason why Mendy couldn't. Although I agree we should get the ball more to Mendy in space. It seems like everytime he gets a pass in the flats he turns it into a 15+ yard gain.
that is unless he trips up again all by himself...

Old 01-25-2011, 03:26 AM   #10
ncsteeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 17348

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil-Still-Rules-14 View Post
I'm sorry but if Caleb Hanie can drive and score on you, that should be a red flag.
Plenty of back up and rookie QBs have made Lebeau look silly. A lot of Defense work is preparation for situational football and all that goes out the window with a young back up with a completely different style of play. All I'm saying is I wouldn't let that make you too confident.
ncsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote