Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-25-2011, 07:00 PM   #21
Curdoisseur
Water Boy

Member Number: 17935
Default Re: Tramon Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
Ok, let me get this straight. So now, we are suppose to worry about the Tramon Williams of the world after Big Ben went through Ed Reed and Revis and Cromartie?

I am not worried about the Packers D. Big Ben played against the Ravens D twice this year and beat them. Beat another Raven Defense in the Jets to go to the Super Bowl.

Steelers D however will need to play like they have been. Pressure and turnovers.
Ed Reed is a safety, not a cover corner. He did basically what Charles Woodson (DPOY last year) does for the Packers, not really much of a comparison to Williams.

Tell me again how Big Ben "went through" Revis and Cromartie. Was it when he was hanging a whole 133 yards on the Jets, 54 entire yards (5 whole completions) of which went to wide receivers?

The Packers pass defense gave up fewer yards and TDs than the Jets, and had twice the INTs.

Tramon Williams had more passes defensed and more INTs (and sacks, and and forced fumbles) than the Jets corners.
Curdoisseur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:19 PM   #22
Packers4ever
Water Boy

Member Number: 17897

Are you Steeler fans serious. The Packer DB's have only allowed 3 recievers all season long to total over 100 yds a game & only 3 times have QB's thrown for over 300 yds a game. McNabb threw 49 times for 357 yds, Manning threw 33 times for 301 yds & Hill threw 54 times to get 331 yds. If you really think your Steelers will throw 40 to 50 times your nutz, either that or they might because the Packers are up big. With your weak offensive line the Green Bay pass rush will be on Ben like stink on shit, he won't have the time to throw anything long. Now Ward will get a few but they will be the 5 to 7 yard quick passes as Woodson can cover him easily & your speedster Wallace will be covered by Williams or Shields with a safety over the top, BTW did you see the Chicago game? 1 CATCHE FOR HESTER, who gives a crap if its a 3rd string QB he's still a NFL QB that has to have an open man to throw to. Can Wallace outrun Hester? Now I know your gonna say Ben can fit the ball into a tighter spot & I agree but to assume your recievers are going to waltz all over the Packers defensive backfield makes me hope the Pittsburg staff thinks the same. Not gonna happen fellas. I predict Gentle Ben throws a couple picks to our DB's.
GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Packers4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:30 PM   #23
sarahpalinhater
Banned

Member Number: 17609

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packers4ever View Post
Are you Steeler fans serious. The Packer DB's have only allowed 3 recievers all season long to total over 100 yds a game & only 3 times have QB's thrown for over 300 yds a game. McNabb threw 49 times for 357 yds, Manning threw 33 times for 301 yds & Hill threw 54 times to get 331 yds. If you really think your Steelers will throw 40 to 50 times your nutz, either that or they might because the Packers are up big. With your weak offensive line the Green Bay pass rush will be on Ben like stink on shit, he won't have the time to throw anything long. Now Ward will get a few but they will be the 5 to 7 yard quick passes as Woodson can cover him easily & your speedster Wallace will be covered by Williams or Shields with a safety over the top, BTW did you see the Chicago game? 1 CATCHE FOR HESTER, who gives a crap if its a 3rd string QB he's still a NFL QB that has to have an open man to throw to. Can Wallace outrun Hester? Now I know your gonna say Ben can fit the ball into a tighter spot & I agree but to assume your recievers are going to waltz all over the Packers defensive backfield makes me hope the Pittsburg staff thinks the same. Not gonna happen fellas. I predict Gentle Ben throws a couple picks to our DB's.

I think those were the SAME DB's who all played last year. And what did Ben do then ? Or are you gonna go to the UNDRAFTED rookie card that is Shields, and say HE is the reason your secondary is so good now, as opposed to last season ? Also, we won't have to throw it all day with our HUGE O-line blocking your small fron-7 and running down your teams " SWISS CHEESE " Run defense. Or did that slip your mind ?
sarahpalinhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:37 PM   #24
Curdoisseur
Water Boy

Member Number: 17935

Absolutely I'm going with the Shields (undrafted - should a Steeler fan be questioning the value of undrafted players?) being the reason our secondary is so good. He's fast and covers tight, he's allowed Woodson to be freed up to cover the slot - Woodson basically plays a hybrid CB/SS/LB role in our defense. Our nickel DB in that game isn't on the team - Josh Bell, who you'll recognize from all the replays of Ben's pass to Wallace to eke out that game.

Small front 7? lol... You really don't know your opponent.
Curdoisseur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:38 PM   #25
mcg24
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17631

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packers4ever View Post
Ok...first of all, could you please type in paragraphs? What a mess that post is, who is going to want to read that?

Second, really? Have you ever watched a Steeler game? Do you know anything? I live in Wisconsin but I'm from Pittsburgh, so I have plenty of knowledge on both teams. The Packers DBs were extremely unimpressive last week. Did you see that throw to Bennett where Collins and Woodson just gave up on the play? Wow, that's something I like to see.

I love how you use the "Well Caleb Hanie is a pro QB argument," really? So if every QB is a professional, wouldn't you have confidence in every single QB in the league starting for your team? Jake Delhomme? Brady Quinn? JaMarcus Russell? They are all professionals aren't they? I wouldn't want one of them even thinking about putting on a Steelers uniform.

With our weak offensive line? The Bears O line is just as weak, if not weaker, and you really didn't have a ton of success against them. You couldn't even consistently bring pressure on a third string QB who obviously hadn't practiced with the team or done much preparation.

Bottom line is, we have played a remarkable Ravens D, and beat them. We have played a remarkable Jets D, with arguably the best CB in the game, and beat them. And now we have to play who? The Green Bay Packers that we unleashed on for what, 37 or so points last year? Give me a break, who do you think you are putting fear into here?
Old 01-25-2011, 07:57 PM   #26
gbpacker40
Water Boy

Member Number: 17957

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcg24 View Post
Ok...first of all, could you please type in paragraphs? What a mess that post is, who is going to want to read that?

Second, really? Have you ever watched a Steeler game? Do you know anything? I live in Wisconsin but I'm from Pittsburgh, so I have plenty of knowledge on both teams. The Packers DBs were extremely unimpressive last week. Did you see that throw to Bennett where Collins and Woodson just gave up on the play? Wow, that's something I like to see.With all due respect, thats 1 play, teams do have one play and Woodson and Collins both explained they had thought the ball was going to be picked off.....no excuse though, was a bad play on both their parts. I dont know how you can say the db's were unimpressive last week, outside of the few plays Caleb made they shut down pretty much everything else.

I love how you use the "Well Caleb Hanie is a pro QB argument," really? So if every QB is a professional, wouldn't you have confidence in every single QB in the league starting for your team? Jake Delhomme? Brady Quinn? JaMarcus Russell? They are all professionals aren't they? I wouldn't want one of them even thinking about putting on a Steelers uniform.

With our weak offensive line? The Bears O line is just as weak, if not weaker, and you really didn't have a ton of success against them. You couldn't even consistently bring pressure on a third string QB who obviously hadn't practiced with the team or done much preparation.

Bottom line is, we have played a remarkable Ravens D, and beat them. We have played a remarkable Jets D, with arguably the best CB in the game, and beat them. And now we have to play who? The Green Bay Packers that we unleashed on for what, 37 or so points last year? Give me a break, who do you think you are putting fear into here?
Since this is my 1st post, I hope I dont bring to much ire on myself. But you guys are severely underestimating our db's. Lat years db play doesnt hold a candle to this years play. Williams has been lights out all year and ask anyone in the NFC and they will tell you he was a pro-bowl snub. Shields is absolutely amazing, I think you guys will be quite impressed with him, He has played better than any corner that was drafted this year and Im not saying that because im a homer...he really is lights out good.

Collins is a very underrated safety and uis just a class below Troy and Ed. Woodson as has been said really doesnt play much slot corner anymore, he is more of a roamer. The 500 yards Ben put up last year more than likely wont happen again.

Also you said we couldnt get pressure on a 3rd string QB, which is not true at all. We rushed 3 and dropped the rest into coverage on 90% of the time he was in. Our 3 men rushing did get pressure, we just didnt blitz him at all. That makes a world of difference.
gbpacker40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:03 PM   #27
sarahpalinhater
Banned

Member Number: 17609

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpacker40 View Post
Since this is my 1st post, I hope I dont bring to much ire on myself. But you guys are severely underestimating our db's. Lat years db play doesnt hold a candle to this years play. Williams has been lights out all year and ask anyone in the NFC and they will tell you he was a pro-bowl snub. Shields is absolutely amazing, I think you guys will be quite impressed with him, He has played better than any corner that was drafted this year and Im not saying that because im a homer...he really is lights out good.

Collins is a very underrated safety and uis just a class below Troy and Ed. Woodson as has been said really doesnt play much slot corner anymore, he is more of a roamer. The 500 yards Ben put up last year more than likely wont happen again.

Also you said we couldnt get pressure on a 3rd string QB, which is not true at all. We rushed 3 and dropped the rest into coverage on 90% of the time he was in. Our 3 men rushing did get pressure, we just didnt blitz him at all. That makes a world of difference.

Well How sad it that then ? This nobody 3 stringer hung about 160 Yds on you in 20 attempts. Mr.WONDERFUL Rodgers barely put up 240 on 30 attempts. Pro rate that and this Bear nobody had a better afternoon then Rodgers...and against 8 DB's and with having the WORST set of offensive weapons in these playoffs. I mean who do the Bears have at WR ? They have a decent TE who is not CLOSE to our TE. And we have a WR in Wallace who is everything Jennings will ever hope to be. And a Hall of Famer in Ward, and two speedy crafty rookies in Sanders and Brown who will work Shields, and spin him around like a Top! So Congrats on BARELY beating a 3rd string Nobody who outplayed your " Super Star "
sarahpalinhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:08 PM   #28
mcg24
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17631

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpacker40 View Post

Shields is better than Devin McCourty? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA!

You blitzed Hanie with more than three on several occasions and he was able to step up in the pocket unharmed...

And of course Ben won't throw for 500 yards...but if he could throw for 500 yards last year, I'm sure he could throw for 300 this year, which is still a monster game.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:11 PM   #29
gbpacker40
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahpalinhater View Post
Well How sad it that then ? This nobody 3 stringer hung about 160 Yds on you in 20 attempts. Mr.WONDERFUL Rodgers barely put up 240 on 30 attempts. Pro rate that and this Bear nobody had a better afternoon then Rodgers...and against 8 DB's and with having the WORST set of offensive weapons in these playoffs. I mean who do the Bears have at WR ? They have a decent TE who is not CLOSE to our TE. And we have a WR in Wallace who is everything Jennings will ever hope to be. And a Hall of Famer in Ward, and two speedy crafty rookies in Sanders and Brown who will work Shields, and spin him around like a Top! So Congrats on BARELY beating a 3rd string Nobody who outplayed your " Super Star "
Catty one arent we. .....

We played pretty much a prevent defense against the 3rd stringer, im not worried about what he did. Just a side note though, it was a Packers vs Bears game and I dont care who is playing, its always tough and its always ugly. Rodgers struggles more against that Tampa 2 than anything else, not sure why, but he does. Like I said though I wouldnt expect much in terms of your WR having big games.....Its possible, but not probable...The way to beat the Packers is to run, run, run...control the clock and keep the ball away from Rodgers. If you guys get into a shootout, your more than likely in big trouble. We are DEEP at WR and our top 3 corners would be #1's on most other teams.

Ive read you guys get frustrated with your conservative play when you guys have the lead, well we feel your pain, we have the same problem...so when you look at games that were close in the playoffs, like Chicago and Philly, note we played extremely soft the second half. Hopefully that wont be ther case in the SB, because its frustrating as hell.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:17 PM   #30
gbpacker40
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcg24 View Post
Shields is better than Devin McCourty? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA!

You blitzed Hanie with more than three on several occasions and he was able to step up in the pocket unharmed...

And of course Ben won't throw for 500 yards...but if he could throw for 500 yards last year, I'm sure he could throw for 300 this year, which is still a monster game.
McCourty is good and I didnt think about him, but if there is a way to find out how many times they were thrown at this year I would be interested in seeing that. And completion % against. Couldnt find a site with those stats myself. lol