Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

View Poll Results: Do you like Kemo?
Yes. He and Pouncey are 2 solid pieces of our future. 26 78.79%
No. He needs to be replaced. 7 21.21%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-25-2011, 02:16 AM   #11
MikeHaullace
Starter

Member Number: 16733
Cool Re: Do you like Kemo?

I think he has just hit and played himself stupid.

I like him though.
MikeHaullace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:26 AM   #12
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119
Default Re: Do you like Kemo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Steeler View Post
I didn't realize we were only talking pass blocking. Kemo is definitely lacking in pass protection, as the case all year. J Scott is a replacement for Starks so it is only a 'problem' for one more game and not one which we can't handle. On the game vs Jets, the o-line played pretty well for the most part, except that collapse when Ben got sacked twice. I don't recall who was at fault in those sacks. One pressured pass which led to Ben throwing an INT was on J Scott (and to an extent Sanders but that's another topic). Foster's pass protection is above par although he did let a few slip against Balitmore. He's in his 2nd season and will get better. I'll backtrack and say we keep him :)
It's hard to evaluate run blocking other than whether we run well to that side. The Steelers like to run right a often pull Kemo. I have seen him on occassion looking for someone to block in the second level(lol).

So I am interested in pass and run blocking...

I've been pleased with what Adams has done for our Run blocking. So much so that I'm not sure I want Colon back. Maybe we just let Adams play another year while we search for his replacement.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:04 AM   #13
wootawnee
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4530

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKnight View Post
I was listening to the broadcast and I was hearing Simms (I believe) say how kemo was one of our best blockers.

In my mind he had been on the hit list to be replaced.

People have been complaining about RG but to me, RG seems fine. That's not where I see the pressure coming from and we seem to be able to run on that side well.

I thought i would just get opinions as to whether you think Kemo needs to be replaced?
Get real dude....He's our main guy......Pulls all the time and destroys dudes......Just blows them out of their shoes.......And this year he is getting more vicious as the year goes by..........If your sending him might as well send Pouncey too..........
Old 01-25-2011, 08:41 AM   #14
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahpalinhater View Post
If I had a choice I would re-sign Colon and move him to guard, and get rid of Kemo. He is a good run blocker, and can be really physical. But he has a 2 cent head, and his pass blocking is sub par.
2 cent head just about sums it up. He's a dirty frickin' lunatic that is going to paralyze someone some day.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:39 AM   #15
biggtee
Water Boy

Member Number: 17312

hes pretty solid and one of the only o-line men that suits up every game plus he has some nastyness in him some times it gets him in trouble but you gotta have that playing that position
biggtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:45 AM   #16
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKnight View Post
I was listening to the broadcast and I was hearing Simms (I believe) say how kemo was one of our best blockers.

In my mind he had been on the hit list to be replaced.

People have been complaining about RG but to me, RG seems fine. That's not where I see the pressure coming from and we seem to be able to run on that side well.

I thought i would just get opinions as to whether you think Kemo needs to be replaced?
We need a new right guard, and left tackle. But I'm fine with Kemo, Colon, and of course Pouncey, who's a freaking stud! Kemo could be a little more consistent, and he's not the sharpest tool in the box, he'll make a few mental errors every season that will kill you. But all in all he's above average, a very good ( not to be confused with great) LG.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:17 AM   #17
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
We need a new right guard, and left tackle. But I'm fine with Kemo, Colon, and of course Pouncey, who's a freaking stud! Kemo could be a little more consistent, and he's not the sharpest tool in the box, he'll make a few mental errors every season that will kill you. But all in all he's above average, a very good ( not to be confused with great) LG.
It is good to hear the fans opinions because people don't usually give him credit. In my head I've been thinking we need 4 new linemen. lol

I'm really not seeing all the problems at RG but I'll look more closely.

And truth be told, I never liked Colon and as soon as he went down everybody loves him and the Steelers lost their best lineman yada yada. To me Colon always looked confused. I watched lots of film with him being beat but I can't really say he was overpowered. It was more like outsmarted. It could have been confusion with Coach Z's scheme or it could have been playing next to a weak RG but e just looked confused and beat. I'm still not sure I want him back.

I should point out that Kendal Simmons is available...
Old 01-25-2011, 03:16 PM   #18
Steelboy84
Banned

Member Number: 13983

One of the best guards in the NFL
Steelboy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:19 PM   #19
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

He's a very good pulling guard, above average run blocker, average pass blocker. He'll never be a pro bowler, but he's a solid starter. Steelers need a right guard right now. Colon can fill either tackle spot. Starks looks like that neck injury could possibly be the down fall of his playing career, but we'll get into that next season.

"To win a game, first you have to not lose the game" - John Madden
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:28 PM   #20
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

I'm on the fence, but at this stage i have to say keep him only at the least because i'm tired of our OL being completely decimated and he's at least in there and is a solid blocker.
The thing that drives me most crazy about him is his inability to keep a level head and constantly get involved in "after-the-play-skirmishes". There's been a bunch of times this year when he's NOT been called for a penatly when he easily could have got one and put our team in further jeopardy.
By looking at the Jets game, it seems as if Tomlin or someone else may have laid down the law to him before the game. He was almost purposely well-behaved.....
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote